That Smirk

The Man In My Dreams

 

Hana went to school the next day still pissed at the incident about her and L. Joe getting thrown out of the room.

Why is she so affected like this?

Why does L. Joe have a big impact on her? That everything he does, even breathing, makes her nerves get pissed?

Isn’t she overreacting? Isn’t she so rude to him?

Hana shook her head. “Aish. I hate him and this is normal.” She muttered as she walked to class.

“Good morning, Hana!”

“Did you eat already?”

“How was your sleep?”

“Did you have a nice dream?”

Hana stopped at the last question. Yes, why didn’t she have a dream last night? Why didn’t she dream of that guy again?

Believe it or not, she misses him. She misses her dream boy.

As she walked to the class, she saw L. Joe looking at his locker, which is just beside Hana’s locker. Hana rolled her eyes and took her book from her locker quickly and ignored L. Joe.

“Hana!” L. Joe ran to her but Hana just shrugged her away.

L. Joe ran faster and kept up with her. “Yah, are you still mad at me?” He asked Hana as Hana is busy walking fast.

Hana looked away and just focused on walking.

L. Joe messed his hair. “Aish! She’s still mad at me!” He groaned while stomping his foot on the ground.

People were looking at him. They are all wondering why the cool Kim Hana is so cold at the new guy.

“Hana is never like this with anyone right?” A girl asked her friend.

Her friend nodded. “Yeah. Hana is the kindest girl I have ever known. But why is she so grumpy towards the new Teen Top member?” She asked back.

The girl shrugged. “I don’t know. But they kinda look good together, you know.” She said.

L. Joe heard that and secretly smiled. *Of course, my girl and I would look good together.* He thought as he walked to his class.

 

 

 

 

 

“Noona, did you make the assignment in Physics?” Ricky asked Hana.

Hana’s eyes widened. “OMO! I forgot about that!” She beamed as she hurriedly took out her physics book and paper.

Teen Top looked at each other. *Hana forgot to make her assignment? This is new.* They all thought.

“Oh man! I was about to copy yours.” Ricky whined but Hana was immersed into the assignment now.

Just then, L. Joe arrived.

He greeted Teen Top and glanced at Hana who is so immersed in the assignment.

“Hyung!” Ricky called. “Did you finish your assignment?” He asked.

L. Joe nodded and took his assignment from his bag and gave it to Ricky before sitting beside Hana.

“Thank you, hyung!” Ricky beamed as he started to copy the answers.

L. Joe just nodded and looked at Hana. He could see that Hana is having a hard time on the assignment.

“Need some help?” He asked but Hana just ignored him. *Damn. She’s still mad at me.* He thought sadly.

“WOW, NOONA!!!! L. Joe hyung’s assignment is jjang! So precise!” Ricky beamed happily as he copied L. Joe’s assignment.

All of Teen Top knows that Hana is not so good in Physics. And they want them – she and L. Joe – to be at peace.

Hana just shrugged and focused on the assignment. *Tch. Why is Physics so hard?!* She thought as she cursed the equation of fall inside her head.

L. Joe watched her struggling to find the answer to the formula. HE chuckled softly. *Cute.* EH thought as he stared at Hana’s face.

“Stop it, Byunghun, she might melt.” Chunji said as he wacked his head.

L. Joe looked at Chunji and brought something out of his bag. He tossed it over to Hana.

Hana looked at L. Joe but L. Joe pretended to be doing something. Hana looked at the paper. Her eyes widened. It was the answer to the problems she is solving.

‘Sorry, Hana. I promise to not do it again. Forgive me, eo? – Byunghun’

Hana was touched at L. Joe’s act that time. She couldn’t help but smile. She looked at L. Joe and shook her head. *Tch. Sometimes, I think I was the only one that’s rude here.* She thought as she kept the paper and started answering again.

“Nice move, hyung.” Changjo whispered to L. Joe.

L. Joe just glanced at Hana and smiled. *By any chance, do you even have dreams like mine? Because I believe that my dreams are shared.* He thought as he looked out the window.

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you still mad at the new guy?” Mihye asked Hana as they were hanging out beneath the big tree at the garden.

Hana sighed and looked away. “He gave me a note a while ago.” She said. “He’s weird and… creepy.” She added.

Astra looked at her with eyes questioning. “What did the note say?” Mina asked as she started to look into Hana’s bag for the note.

Hana yanked her bag away from Mina and secured it in her arms. “Yah! Privacy, eh?” She asked making the whole group laugh.

“Why are you so defensive, Hana? L. Joe didn’t say he loves you yet right?” Nana teased making Hana look away blushing.

Mihye gawked at Nana. “What nonsense. Even if L. Joe would confess, Hana would not accept because he is not the man in her dreams.” She said.

Nana and Mina nodded. Yes, it makes sense.

Hana would not look for any other guy.

Because she is waiting for him to come.

Hana sighed. “When will he come?” She asked as she dreamily looked at the heavens.

“What does he look like?” Nana asked with full interest.

Hana smiled. “Actually, I forgot how he looks like.” She said making Astra look at her in disbelief.

“How would you know that he is the one when you don’t even know how he looks like?” Mina asked.

Hana smiled again. “Actually, I don’t know as well.” She said as she made a ‘peace’ sign.

Astra just shut their eyes and shook their heads in disbelief.

“When I dream about him again, I promise to remember his face.” Hana swore to her friends.

 

 

 

 

“Okay. So, now, I will have to assign a project to you.” Ms. Lee said.

The class groaned in disgust. Yes, they hate projects.

“As part of the requirements in my class, I want you to bond with someone. You have to know everything about that person. As in everything. You will have to write a paper at the end of this term about your partner.” Ms. Lee explained.

The class grew excited suddenly – especially the girls. All of them wanted to be paired with the handsome guys of Teen Top. And for the boys, to Hana of course.

“I’ll be naming the partners, so there won’t be any bias.” Ms. Lee said as she continued calling names of partners.

Hana perked up and listened to who her partner will be. She is hoping that her partner would somewhat be like her – cool and kind. She wished they share the same interests so that it wont be that hard to bond with him or her.

She looked around to  look for a possible partner.

Would it be Kim Junki? Hana shook her head. He’s a nerd who loves chicken.

She looked at her right.

Would it be Lee Taemin? She shook her head as she watched him gulp his Banana milk secretly so Ms. Lee won’t see.

She looked in front.

Would it be the dino guy, Kim Jonghyun? She sighed shook her head. He is too outrageous to be her partner. Jonghyun and Hana will definitely not match.

She looked behind. She smiled as she saw the Teen Top guys.

She hopes one of these five guys will be her partner. She has known them much and she is pretty much sure that they click.

“Kim Hana…” Ms. Lee said as Hana perked up and waited for her partner. “Uhm… And…” Ms. Lee prolonged Hana’s agony of waiting as she looked up on her class list. “Ah! Kim Hana and Lee Byunghun.” She said.

Hana’s eyes widened. “What?!” She stood up from her seat and asked Ms. Lee unconsciously.

Ms. Lee looked at her. “Is there a problem, Kim Hana?” She asked.

Hana was brought back to her senses and shook her head. “No. Nothing, Ms. Lee.” She said as she took her seat beside L. Joe.

She looked at L. Joe who is smirking at her. She rolled her eyes.

*Why does that smirk look familiar?* She thought.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------

Hey hey hey! :)))