"Don't be scared. I am here."

The Man In My Dreams

 

Hana stayed still.

“I am tired of everything. I am giving up on you, my dream girl.”

She didn’t know what to do or what to act or what to feel.

Those words just made her stiff and she felt like she was really talking to her dream guy.

“Wait, what?” She said as L. Joe continued walking.

She stood up and ran to pull L. Joe’s hand. “What did you just say?” She asked.

L. Joe ignored her and continued walking.

But Hana ran after him again. “Lee Byunghun!” She screamed in the hallway. “Did you just say I am your dream girl?” she asked loudly. Students started to look their way.

Well, it was a great scene. Two of the most loved people in the campus are having a SCENE in the hallway.

L. Joe sighed and stopped. “What in my words didn’t you understand? I said it already. I am giving up. Can’t you just leave me?” He asked.

“Just answer me! You said I am your dream girl!” She insisted on her topic.

L. Joe sighed. “Yes. But I also said I am giving up on you. I am tired, Hana. I am so ing tired of all of this.” He said. “I can’t have you. And I am trying to ing accept that fact.” He said as he messed his hair.

Hana looked into his eyes. “Is that how you love?” She asked. “I thought you are man enough to fight for me.” She said as the tears started to fall.

L. Joe shut his eyes and looked away. “I’ve been fighting for you. Since the first day I saw I have always been fighting for you. But what did I get? Nothing.” He replied. "And tell me what's it worth to fight for when the sole reason why I am fighting is gone? Hana, you are gone. There is no reason for me to continue fighting." He added as his eyes gazed on Hana.

"I am here, L.Joe. I am not gone. I am here." Hana replied as tears were threatening to fall again.

The students heard their conversation and started to gossip about it.

L. Joe glared at all the people in the hallway. “Get in class, you people!” He scowled at them and they all obeyed.

Hana wiped her tears, that fell,  harshly. “I don’t get you, Lee Byunghun. I don’t get what you feel.” She said.

L. Joe stared at her. “Well, that doesn’t matter now does it? You have him. I’m out.” He said coldly.

Hana stared at him in disbelief. “you really think I wanted to step on your feelings?” She asked.

L. Joe scoffed. “I never thought about it that way, Hana.” He replied.

“Then what? Why are you avoiding me?” She asked as she bawled again.

L. Joe stared at her crying and it is breaking him into pieces. “What do you really want me to do, Hana? I am mad at everything that happened. I can’t accept a single thing. You are with him. He is with you. Don’t you think that’s much of a torture to me already? Do I really need to still be with you?” He asked as he watched Hana cry.

“I am not numb, Hana. I am hurt. More than you know.” He added.

Hana looked at L. Joe. “Then let me know! I will choose you!” She screamed at L. Joe’s face.

L. Joe looked at her in disbelief. “I am not letting you choose. You can’t torture your heart. And worst, you cannot tell your heart who to love.” He said.

Hana looked away. “I did not tell my heart who to love. But what can I do? I am hurt when you are not around. I am hurt when you ignore me. I am hurt when you talk to someone else.” She cried.

L. Joe softened. He wanted to be strong in front of her but seeing her like this, he just couldn’t get himself strong enough. It breaks him so well as well.

“What am I to you?” He asked her.

Hana looked at him. What would she reply to him?

L. Joe looked into her eyes. “See? Your feelings are not clear, Hana. I can’t be with you. Just be happy with him.” He said as he turned his back on her. “Good bye.” He said for the last time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------

“Is it true?” One student asked one.

“What?” The other one asked.

“L. Joe changed sections?” She cleared.

The other one shrugged. “I don’t know but I did see him enter a different room.” She replied.

“Wow! What is happening? Yesterday, he and Hana were talking about something that looked really serious in the hallway! Hana was even crying.” She said.

Just then, Teen Top was walking to their room.

Chunji stared at these two students who are talking about L. Joe and Hana. “Gossiping about other people’s lives is not a good start for a morning, girls.” He said.

The two girls nodded and kept quiet as they ran to their rooms as well.

Chunji sighed and looked at Teen Top. “I wonder how the two are dealing with this.” He said.

The boys nodded. “I wonder what made hyung think that transferring rooms would help the situation improve?” Changjo asked.

The boys sighed. “I wish we can do something about this.” CAP said.

Downhearted, the boys walked to class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------

“Hana, aren’t you going to eat?” Mihye asked her.

It has been a half day of Hana’s downfall. She isn’t talking. She isn’t eating. She doesn’t have a single emotion in her face. She is a walking zombie.

She can’t help but think about the words L. Joe said.

He said, she doesn’t know what she really wants.

Well yeah. She doesn’t know what she really wants to happen.

But there is one thing that she would do today.

“I am going to break up with JB.” She mused.

Her friends almost choked on their food.

“WHAT?!” They asked in unison.

Hana ignored their question and took a bite on her sandwich. *I am doing this for my self security. I don’t want to get confused.* She thought. *But hell, what am I going to get confused with? I don’t have feelings for JB. So what was so hard to decide on?* She thought again wanting to slap herself at the moment.

Nana looked at her. “you love someone else?” She asked.

Hana looked at her friend and sighed. “I don’t know.” She said.

“L. Joe?” Mina asked.

Hana looked at her. “Maybe.” She replied automatically without thinking.

Mihye looked over and nodded at JB who is approaching their table.

“Hi, Hana!” He said as he kissed her cheek.

Hana wanted to die at this moment. “Uhm, JB, can we talk?” She asked.

JB smiled and nodded. “Sure.” He said. “What are we going to talk about?” He asked.

Hana smiled. “Can we not talk about it here?” She asked.

JB nodded. “Park?” HE asked.

Hana nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------

“JB,” Hana started. “I’m sorry.” She said as she looked down.

JB looked at her with a confused expression. “What are you sorry about?” He asked.

Hana sighed harder. “I’m sorry that I led you on.” She said. “But I am in love with someone else.” She confessed.

JB looked at her. “What?” HE asked frantically. “But you said you wanted to be my girlfriend?!” He scowled.

Hana looked at him. “That was a mistake too.” She said.

“What mistake?!” JB is angry now. “What is a mistake with what you said?” He asked.

Hana looked down, tears b and her hands shaking. God. She is afraid. “When I said yes, I didn’t really know what you asked me. So I just said yes without knowing.” She admitted. “I didn’t intend to hurt you, Jaebum. Sorry. I’m really sorry.” She said crying.

JB narrowed his eyes on her. “I can’t accept your apology, Hana.” He said coldly as he gripped on Hana’s arm tightly. “You are not breaking up with me.” He said.

Hana winced in pain as JB gripped on her tighter. “It’s painful. My hand.” She said as she tried to backaway.

But JB is strong. He held on tighter. “Tell me you are not breaking up with me and I’ll let you go.” He said.

Hana looked at him. “What are you talking about?” She asked.

JB smirked. “Sorry, Hana but I am not letting you go.” He said. “Not now not ever.” He added.

Hana looked at JB. She is really afraid now. It seems like JB wanted to do something bad on her.

JB looked at her and smirked. He pulled her in a dark alley in the campus and pushed her into the wall.

Hana looked at him in horror. “What are you going to do?” She asked with a trembling voice.

JB smirked as he trapped her in between his arms and leaned in to kiss her neck.

Hana shouted as JB started to do what he planned to do.

“Help me! Someone help me!!!” She cried for help as tears started falling on her face. “Somebody please! Help me.” She bawled harder as JB ignored her cries. “Stop it. Stop it! Please stop it.” She cried.

And just when she lost hope, JB was thrown down, bleeding.

“You ing bastard!”

It was the voice Hana wanted to hear. L. Joe’s.

“What the hell did you do to her?!” He asked as he kept punching JB in the face and everywhere.

Hana was crying out loud in her knees.

L. Joe looked at her. He walked to her, removed his coat (blazer?) and wrapped it around Hana. “Stop crying, Hana. I am here.” He said as he hugged her. “Sorry, I was late.” He said as he hugged her tighter.

Hana leaned on his chest and cried her heart out. She was traumatized. How could she be so dumb? She held onto L. Joe and cried. “I am scared. I am scared. I am scared.” She mumbled.

L. Joe hushed her and caressed her hair. “Shhh. I am here. Don’t be scared. I won’t let anything bad happen to you.” He said.

Hana cried. But this time, she is relieved that L. Joe came. “Thank you.” She whispered as she passed out.