Apology

The Man In My Dreams

 

“Aren’t you going to school today?” L. Joe’s mom asked him as he is still lying on bed.

Not to mention that it is freaking 8AM already.

“No, Mom. I’m not going to school.” He replied as he pulled the covers up to his head.

His mom looked at him. “Why? Are you sick?” She asked as she tried to check on him.

“No, Mom. I just don’t feel like going to school today.” He replied.

His mom looked at him with concerned eyes. These past few days, his son is acting weird and different. Usually, L. Joe would be so jolly and all but now… he looks like he is tired of living and all.

He looks like he lost life.

And this fact is creeping her out.

As a parent, it is hard to see her son struggling, hurting and sad. It just saddens everything about her too. She saw how L. Joe has changed. He became so happy when he transferred to that school. He was way beyond happy.

He was lively everyday.

He always had the energy and the happy vibe to go to school and not miss school. Not a single minute.

Schooldays made him so happy.

Schooldays excite him.

But what is happening right now?

Why is he refusing to go to school?

Did something bad happen?

Did he engage himself in a fight?

All these questions are inside Mrs. Lee’s head right now. And they are all making her worried.

“Do you want to talk it out?” She asked L. Joe.

L. Joe sighed and sat on his bed. “Mom, why is it that when I am trying to be the better one, everything gets ruined?” He asked.

His mom walked and sat at the end of his bed. “What do you mean?” She asked.

L. Joe sighed. “I found her, Mom.” He said. “My dream girl.” He cleared. “I found her.” He repeated.

His mom looked at him with wide eyes. She knows everything about this dream girl because she accidentally saw the pictures that L. Joe drew. “And?” She asked for more information.

“I confessed.” He said.

His mom smiled. “What did she reply?” He asked.

“She said she can’t love me because she is waiting for the man of her dreams.” He said. “And that is me.” He added. “She just couldn’t remember me. Her mom showed me an evidence that we are dreaming the same dream.” He continued. “The places in my dreams are the places in her dreams as well. The only thing is, she couldn’t remember me.” He added.

His mom was listening to him attentively.

“So, I decided to be nice. I decided to do things that would make her fall for me.” He said. “But when I was about to introduce myself as her dream guy, someone came.” He narrated sadly.

His mom could see the sadness written all over his face. Everything in his face is sadness. There was not a single sign of any other emotion. Just sadness.

“This guy.” He gritted his teeth. “This guy acted faster than I am. He asked her to be his girlfriend.” He said as he controlled the emotions in him. “But the worst thing is she said yes.” He shut his eyes as he felt all the pain come in over again.

His mom looked at him with anxiety. She is worried that his son would lose hope on love. She is worried that his son would hate love.

“It hurts, Mom.” L. Joe started to crack up. He started to tear up. “It hurts in here.” He said as he pointed in his heart. “It hurts so bad.” He repeated. “Why did I have to fall for her? Why did I have to confess? Now what does she think of me? I am so stupid!” He ranted nonstop.

His mom had to come closer and hug him. “Everyone experiences pain, Byunghun. And to think that it is love. Pain is the twin of love, son. They come in bundles.” She said as she caressed his back. “At least you tried. You said your true feelings.” She said. “But don’t you think it would be better if she knew that you are her dream guy?” She asked.

L. Joe looked at her mom. “Why would it matter? She is with someone else already. They are together. They are happy. I don’t want to ruin her perfect relationship with him.” He said.

His mother sighed. “I see. I trust you in this, Byunghun. You are old enough to decide for yourself.” She said. “But please, decide what will be the best for you.” She added. “As a mother, I don’t want you getting hurt. I don’t want to see you in pain. So, please, choose the right decisions.” She pleaded.

L. Joe nodded. “I will try my best mom.” He said.

His mom nodded and stood up. “Don’t make decisions when you are mad.” She said.

L. Joe nodded and went back to bed.

His mom sighed and walked to the door.

“Mom.” L. Joe called.

His mom stopped and looked at him. “If Teen Top or anyone comes here to look for me, tell them I’m out.” He said. “I don’t really want to face someone right now.” HE said.

His mom nodded. “Sure.” She replied as she turned her back on him.

“Mom.” L. Joe called again.

His mom looked at him.

“Thanks.” He said. “You’re advices help a lot.” He smiled.

His mom nodded and smiled. “That’s what moms do, right?” She replied.

L. Joe nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where is L. Joe?” Mihye asked as Astra was in the cafeteria.

Hana looked at Teen Top’s table and sighed. She had been thinking about L. Joe and his reason for absence since this morning. *Is it because of me?* She thought as she looked sadly at Teen Top.

“Maybe he’s sick?” Nana said.

Mina shrugged. “We don’t know.” She said. “But something was off with him these past few days.” She said.

Hana looked at her.

“What do you mean?” Nana asked.

“I don’t know. But don’t you think he looked like he was so sick and lifeless these past few days?” Mina asked. “I observed that he is not that annoying to Hana as well.” She added.

Hana flinched when she heard her name.

Everyone looked at Hana.

“Do you know what is happening to L. Joe?” Mihye asked.

Hana shook her head. “No. I don’t.” She replied.

The three girls gave her an “I-don’t-believe-you” look.

“HE was there when you are hospitalized. He took care of you every day. There must be something going on with the two of you!” Nana accused.

Hana looked at her with wide eyes. “Nothing.” She replied.

The girls gave her a look again.

“We don’t believe you.” Mina beamed. “Maybe he seemed so lifeless these past few days because you and JB are dating!” She blurted out.

Hana froze on her spot. Bingo. She got it.

Mihye looked at Hana. “L. Joe likes you, doesn’t he?” She asked.

Hana stayed still. She doesn’t know what to answer.

Yes? Maybe L. Joe liked or loved her before. But now, maybe he hates her.

No? But he told her that he loves her.

The three girls waited for her answer.

“I don’t know.” Hana replied. It was the safest to reply.

Astra rolled their eyes and shook their head on her.

Hana sighed. *I miss him.* She randomly thought. She was even shocked when she realized she thought about L. Joe and herself missing L. Joe.

She sighed. “I miss him.” She blurted out all of a sudden.

The Astra girls looked at her in shock.

“Who?” Nana asked.

Hana sighed. “L. Joe.” She confessed.

The three girls looked at her in disbelief. This is the first time, Hana talked about her feelings. And they don’t know what to tell her.

Hana suddenly stood up.

“Where are you going?” Mina asked.

Hana sighed and took her bag. “I’m going to see him.” She said.

“Wait, what?!” Mihye asked, not processing anything.

Hana ignored her question and walked out. To L. Joe’s place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana rang the doorbell at L. Joe’s house.

If you are wondering why she knows this house, don’t ask. She just does.

“L. Joe, please open up.” She prayed as she rang the doorbell again.

At last, the gate opened. But it revealed Mrs. Lee.

Hana bowed at her. “Hello, Mrs. Lee. Is Byunghun here?” She asked.

Mrs. Lee looked at Hana. She recognizes her. She is the girl of L. Joe’s dreams. She knows her. For a moment, she was mesmerized by Hana’s beauty in person.

Mrs. Lee shook her head. “Sorry, my son is out with his friends from his former school.” She lied. L. Joe told her so.

Hana’s face faltered. “Ah. I see.” She smiled weakly. “If he comes back can you tell him that I came by?” She asked.

Mrs. Lee nodded and smiled. “Sure.” She said. “What’s your name?” She asked.

Hana smiled. “Hana. Kim Hana.” She replied.

Mrs. Lee nodded. “Alright, Hana. I’ll tell him you came by.” She said.

Hana smiled and nodded. “Thank you, Mrs. Lee.” She said as she bowed. “I’ll be going.” She said.

Mrs. Lee nodded. “You take care, Hana.” She waved.

Hana smiled and bowed her head before walking home.

She brought out her phone and texted L. Joe. She doesn’t know why she is doing this but she seemed it is right.

 

To: Lee Byunghun

I thought you were sick. Thank God you are not. Take care, okay?

Sorry for everything I’ve done.

 

*I’m really sorry, L. Joe. I’ll make it up to you when you come back.* She promised herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

L. Joe, who was looking out at his window, felt his phone vibrating.

 

From: Kim Hana

I thought you were sick. Thank God you are not. Take care, okay?

Sorry for everything I’ve done.

 

He felt a pain of pain in his heart. She apologized.

But what does that mean?