So Confusing

The Man In My Dreams

 

L Joe looked at Hana passionately as she slept on the hospital bed.

Mrs. Kim had just went to buy some medications that the doctor had prescribed and had entrusted the duty to look after her with L. Joe, who she had a soft spot already.

L. Joe brushed Hana’s bangs aside as he watched her sleep peacefully, taken away with Hana’s beautiful face. He sighed.

“When will you remember me, Hana?” He asked with his sweetest voice. “We have been meeting each other in our dreams but why can’t you remember me?” He asked again, now with a sorrowful voice.

He wanted her to remember her.

He wanted her to say ‘yes’ to him.

He wanted her to tell him that she loves him back and that she has been waiting in vain for him to come into her life.

He longed for her.

He is still longing for her.

He is dying to hold her into his arms and call her his.

But Hana can’t remember that he is the man of her dreams.

Why is that?

Can that possibly happen?

L. Joe looked at Hana and couldn’t do anything but sigh everything off.

“I wish you remember me when you wake up.” He mumbled as he held Hana’s hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait, where are you going?” Hana asked him.

He looked at her and smiled sadly. “Away.” He said.

Hana gaped at him. “What? Why?!” She asks with tears forming at the sides of her eyes.

He looked down. “I have to go now, Hana. I am not the one for you.” He said.

Hana shook her head and held his arm. “Please, don’t leave me.” She begged. The tears are now falling.

He looked at her with sad eyes. “I have to do this.” He said. “I can’t be with you.” He continued.

“Why?!” She bawled. “Can you tell me why you are telling me that you are not the one for me?” She asked frantically. “I love you. You told me you love me too. But why are you leaving me like this?” She asked as tears continued to fall down her face.

He looked at her and held her shoulders. “I love you, okay?” He assured. “I am 100% sure that I am in love with you.”

She looked at him. “But…” She sobbed. “But why are you going to leave me?” She asked me. “You love me. You don’t have to leave me.” She ranted.

Damn. She didn’t want him to leave her.

She wanted to be with him 24/7 for eternity.

She wanted to be his wife, his girl, his only one.

She wanted to love him forever.

He looked at her and shook his head. “You have got to remember, Hana. This is a dream. Just a dream.” He said.

*A dream?* She thought.

“I don’t care!” She burst out. “I don’t care if this is a dream! I love you, you love me. We can be together.” She blurted. “We can be together. In our dreams forever.” She bawled.

He looked at her with sad eyes. “Let us stop living in dreams, Hana.” He said. “You have to try to love someone in reality.” He added. “He is waiting for you.” He continued.

Hana looked at him in disbelief. “How can you give me away? You told me you love me!” She cried out.

He sighed nodded. “He loves you in reality. I love you in a dream.” He said. “Who do you want to be with? The reality or the dream?” He asked.

Hana couldn’t speak.

She loved this guy of her dreams. She loved him and would never let him go.

But this guy is not a part of the real world she is living in.

So, what could she do?

He smiled and patted her shoulder. “See you around, Hana.” He said as he walked and disappeared in the fog.

*See you around?* She thought. *What does he mean?*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana opened her eyes much to L. Joe’s delight.

He smiled and stood up to cup her cheeks. “Hana, you are awake!” He beamed.

Hana was rather shocked to see L. Joe around this time. How did he know that she is in the hospital?

And what is he doing in the hospital, watching over her anyways?

“L. Joe?” She asked weakly.

L. Joe nodded and smiled.

“What are you doing here?” She asked as she stirred to sit on the bed.

L. Joe assisted her. “Careful.” He beamed. “I was just here to check you out. I was worried why you didn’t come this morning, so I came to your house and the maid said that you are hospitalized.” He said affectionately.

After all, there is nothing to hide anymore.

He had confessed that he loved her since Day 1 so he, probably have nothing to hide now.

Hana softened when she saw how sincerely L. Joe is worried about her.

Then she remembered her dream.

She remembers her dream really well, just not the man she is with. His face is blurred.

She looked at L. Joe and saw the person the man of her dreams is talking about.

“He loves you in reality.”

Hana gulped as she watched L. Joe peel an apple for her.

“You don’t have to do that, L. Joe.” She beamed.

But L. Joe shook his head and continued what he is doing. He loves being the one by her side at all times.

Hana just sighed and watched. She knows she can’t do anything about it when L. Joe says so.

That is how firm he is.

Hana continued watching until L. Joe could feel her stare. He glanced at her and smiled. “Don’t stare for too long.” He said. “I might melt.” He added.

Hana rolled her eyes and looked out the window, embarrassed by the fact that he caught her staring at him.

L. Joe smiled and chuckled to himself. *Go on, Kim Hana. Go on.* He thought as he sliced the apple into tidbits.

“Here. Eat these.” L. Joe said as he held the plate with apples close to Hana.

Hana looked at L Joe and hesitated for a second.

L. Joe cocked his head. “Come on. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right?” He beamed.

Hana chuckled at his ‘joke’. “Not a way to joke around, L. Joe.” She spat before getting one slice and shoving it to .

L. Joe smiled and shrugged.

Hana was touched at how L. Joe had helped her out and watched over her for almost 5 hours.

She had been awake by 5PM and it is already 10PM now.

She looked at L. Joe who was typing furiously at his phone. “It’s late. I think you should go now.” She said. “Mom will be here soon.” She added.

L. Joe looked at her not hearing what she said. “What?” He asked as he stood up to walk to her.

Hana rolled her eyes. “I said it’s late. Go home now.” She repeated.

L. Joe looked at the clock. “It’s just 10.” He replied.

Hana narrowed her eyes on him. “Don’t try to be a hero, L. Joe. Go home now. You still have class tomorrow.” She said.

L. Joe looked at her and sighed as he saw seriousness in her face. “Alright.” He said in defeat. “I’ll just come back tomorrow.” He added.

Hana nodded. “Alright.” She said. “Take care.” She continued.

L. Joe nodded and took his bag. “See you around, Hana.” He smiled before he left.

Hana stared at him in shock. “See you around?” She mumbled. “Why does he sound like Mr. Dream Boy?” She asked herself.

Then she shook her head. “No. I don’t think it can be.” She insisted as she lied on her bed.

“I wonder what he means.” She said as she held her chest that is beating madly.

“And I wonder why my heart beats fast when L. Joe is around.” She wondered as she remembered how her heart was thumping crazily since she opened her eyes up to when L. Joe left.

“So confusing.” She mumbled as she turned to the other side.