"I am giving up on you."

The Man In My Dreams

 

And L. Joe wondered what Hana’s message meant in reality.

Sorry for stepping on your heart?

Sorry for being an idiot and ignoring your feelings?

Sorry, I love you?

Sorry. But I can’t be with you?

Sorry but I love Jaebum for real?

There are a lot of meanings to sorry, to apology. There is more to it than just a mere sorry. Than just a mere word.

Somehow, to some it would mean everything.

And so with L. Joe. But he just doesn’t know what it meant. He doesn’t want to go expecting the meaning of it again and maybe misinterpret it and get hurt again.

He sighed hard. “So what am I going to do now?” He asked himself as he looked up the ceiling. “She apologized. So now what?” He asked again.

He shut his eyes but his mind flashed Hana’s face.

Yes, he must have gone crazy. He even imagines her face now.

“How pathetic, Lee Byunghun.” He told himself. “How great.” He added sarcastically.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------

L. Joe walked to school the next day with still a clouded mind. He planned to extend his absence but he is afraid people would suspect that something is wrong with him.

Oh well, but yeah. Something is.

He lost his heart and he doesn’t know how and where to start finding it.

“Hi, L. Joe!” One of his girl schoolmates greeted him.

L. Joe just smiled at her and bowed. Unusually, he did that. Because usually, he would shrug everyone off.

And so, every single girl in the campus who had a crush on him greeted him flirtatiously and enthusiastically.

And what’s weird is that every single one of them got a reply from L. Joe.

Is the world ending?

L. Joe walked to his class (to his dislike) and sat in his seat, which is beside Hana’s. He doesn’t like it. It is just too uncomfortable for him.

Hana was there already. She is early these past few days because she wanted to be the one to sit in first before L. Joe to avoid THAT awkward feeling and moment.

“Good morn-“

“HYUNG!!!!” Hana was cut by this running Ricky who hugged L. Joe liked he was lost or something.

L. Joe looked at Ricky weirdly. “What is wrong?” He asked.

Ricky grinned. “I just missed you so much.” He replied happily.

L. Joe almost threw up with the visual maknae’s words. “Are you serious? You really said those words? You miss me so much?” He asked as he made his expression of disgust.

Ricky laughed. “Well, you weren’t here yesterday, so.” He replied. “Where have you been anyway? You weren’t at home yesterday.” He asked.

L. Joe shrugged. “Just somewhere. Out with someone.” He replied.

Ricky’s eyes widened. “Is that someone a girl?” He asked in a teasing one.

L. Joe shrugged. “Who knows?” He replied.

Hana, on the other hand, heard the whole conversation of Ricky and L. Joe.

Somehow, she wanted to tell L. Joe how much she missed him too. If only she could talk to him. She looked at him as she heard him say that he is with someone yesterday.

*His mom said he was out with friends.* She thought as she felt the pain or jealousy rushing in her veins.

*Could he be out on a date with a girl yesterday?* She thought. *Is that why he didn’t reply to my text?* She thought again. This time, all those pictures of L. Joe with some other girl flashed in her head.

Believe me, she almost died.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------

“Hyung, when do you think will L. Joe talk to Hana again?” Chunji asked CAP.

The rest of the group looked at the leader as well.

CAP shrugged. “Who knows? Hana had hurt him so bad so we can’t really blame him. But they are not in a relationship anyway. So, L. Joe doesn’t have the right to be like this. But Hana hurt him.” He said obscurely.

Teen Top looked at him weirdly.

“Whoever appointed you as the leader is nuts.” Niel said as he messed his hair.

Changjo nodded. “Yeah! You don’t even know how to think like one, hyung!” He whined.

CAP gave the two dongsaengs a threatening look, making the later keep quiet.

“But seriously, I am so tired of this.” Chunji beamed. “I am not even a part of this mess and I am getting tired already.” He added.

Ricky nodded. “But I think Hyung will do something about it today.” He said out of the blue.

The rest looked at him. “What do you know, Ricky?” Changjo asked.

Ricky shrugged. “I don’t know. I just feel like something good or bad will happen between the two of them today.” He started. “L. Joe hyung seems to be in a different vibe today. And Hana noona was looking at L. Joe hyung since he went inside. She seems like she wants to say something to him.” He explained.

Then, the boys looked at Hana and L. Joe’s direction.

Everyone can sense the awkward atmosphere between the two.

No talking.

No glancing. (Except when Hana does.)

NO moving.

No interaction at all.

It is way too obvious because the two would usually bicker with other. But now, it’s different.

It’s like they had a lover’s quarrel or something.

Teen Top can’t do anything but just sigh at their friends. They can’t just barge in their lives and make them be together because the situation now has been so complicated.

“Why did JB have to be in between?!” Niel raged frustrated.

Everyone shook their heads.

Oh, poor boy, L. Joe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------

Hana sighed deeply. She is now going to talk to this seatmate. “L. Joe.” She started, with her voice shaking as she pronounced his name.

L. Joe hesitantly looked at her. “Yes?” HE asked with a cold voice.

Hana’s heart almost dropped when she heard him reply to her again. “We are going to make the project today.” She said.

L. Joe looked at her. “Why do we need to?” He asked nonchalantly. “Can’t we just make up the things we learned about each other? I honestly am not feeling well to do that project.” He replied.

Hana stared at him in shock. She was hurt at how he replied to her. It’s like he freaking doesn’t care about her anymore. It’s sad.

It’s breaking all of her.

“Are you really mad at me?” She asked, not in the right mind.

L. Joe smiled sadly and weakly. “You don’t know what you are talking about don’t you?” He asked. “I just congratulated you and JB. I wished you luck and happiness. Why are you thinking that I am mad at you?” He asked back.

Hana stared at him for a second. She doesn’t know what to respond. She doesn’t know if she should respond. And worst, she doesn’t know what to feel. She had been breaking and falling apart when L. Joe distanced himself away from her. And now, she is dying that L. Joe said that he wishes them luck.

What is this?

Hana sighed. “You don’t have to wish us luck, though.” She said. “It’s not like I need it.” She replied.

L. Joe looked at her and smiled. “Okay. If that’s what you want.” He said as he stood up and prepared to walk away.

Hana breathed hard and shut her eyes. “Wait.” She said.

L. Joe stopped. “What? I said I am not doing the project today.” He replied.

Hana looked at him. “I’m sorry okay. Can we just get over it and be like we were before?” She asked. She is desperate. She wants L. Joe back in her life.

She wants him back to her.

L. Joe stopped and looked into her eyes. “I’m afraid I can’t do that, Kim Hana.” He said.

“Why?” Hana asked.

She doesn’t get it. If he wishes them luck, why can’t everything be like before?

What is wrong with him being the same annoying L. Joe that Hana would bicker with everyday?

What is wrong with him making Hana laugh with his jokes?

What is wrong with him coming back to her, telling her that he loves her since day 1?

Can’t everything fall into place like how Hana would want it?

L. Joe looked at her. “I can’t. I just can’t. Isn’t it enough that you and JB are happy now? Why do you still need me?” He asked.

Hana looked at him. “Because I miss the old you. The old us.” She replied.

L. Joe scoffed. “There was no US, Hana. US never happened.” He said. “And please don’t tell me you are sorry because you don’t have to. You love him and not me so, I guess that doesn’t need an apology.” He added as he turned his back, holding back his tears.

Hana shut her eyes. “I thought you said you love me!” She beamed.

L. Joe stopped. “Exactly.” He said with his back her. “I can’t be close to you anymore because I am afraid my feelings would grow fonder without receiving some love in return.” He said.

Hana stared at his back.

“And Kim Hana,” He said. “I am tired of everything. I am giving up on you, my dream girl.”

 

 

 

 

===================

I know Hana is annoying. Sorry for that. :(