Letting Go

The Man In My Dreams

 

“Lee Byunghun…”

L. Joe stopped in his tracks. He was waiting for what Hana will say.

And believe me, he felt like he was dying when he heard her say,

“My dream guy.”

He turned to look at Hana with a shocked and confused expression. “What?” He asked as he took a step forward. “What did you say?” He asked again.

Hana looked at him and have him her sweetest smile. She doesn’t know why she feels like her happiness is overflowing, radiating to every part of her.

This feeling.

She actually likes what she is feeling right now. Right now that she is staring at the mere person who makes her heart beat faster and slower at the same time.

The mere person who makes her sad and mad and happy and sad and mad and happy all over again.

The mere person who she always looks for, who her heart always longs for.

The mere person who makes her miss him in every second he is not around.

Oh hell yeah, Lee Byunghun, what have you done to Hana?

She sighed heavenly. “What what? You heard what I said.” She replied as she controlled the millions of happy feelings she is feeling right now.

L. Joe moved towards her. He doesn’t know what is happening. He was this close to giving her up. Oh, he gave her up. He had finally decided to move on, to forget her even if he knows he could never do that ever. He still tried. He still dared himself to do it.

But what is exactly happening right now?

Hana, the girl he would always have his eyes, heart, soul and dreams on, is smiling brightly at him.

L. Joe is sure happy right now. But it just creeps the hell out of him.

This is superbly unusual.

He looked at her with narrowed eyes. “You don’t play games with me like this, Hana.” He said. “You go rest.” He added as he started to walk towards her to tuck her back to bed.

But before L. Joe could even touch the beddings, Hana pulled him and kissed him on the lips leaving L. Joe with eyes, shocked to the bones.

Hana broke the kiss and looked into his eyes. “I love you.” She said simply.

And L. Joe was shocked even more. He isn’t sure he is going to live after this. But at least he felt heaven before he dies, right?

Hana looked at him. “You don’t believe me, right?” She asked as she waited for L. Joe to respond to her. But he wasn’t. And it made her sad.

Wasn’t he supposed to tell her he loves her too?

Wasn’t he supposed to complement what she feels?

Wasn’t he supposed to make them official?

L. Joe stared at her as tears start to form in her eyes.

“I’m sorry, okay?” She said as she looked deep in L. Joe’s eyes. “I’m sorry that I had to hurt you. I’m sorry for stepping onto your feelings. I know. I was wrong.” She said as tears started to fall.

This is totally what she was expecting to happen.

Not when it was the first time she felt this happy.

Not when it was her who confessed and made the first move.

“Me and JB…” She sobbed. “I was just being too stupid to answer something I didn’t understand, something I didn’t hear.” She added, now looking down.

L. Joe looked at her. He wanted to hug her. He wanted to stop her from explaining herself. He wanted to tell her that it’s alright, it’s fine, it’s okay.

That he doesn’t need any explanation anymore.

That he understands everything.

That he doesn’t like to see her cry, or not even a tear to fall.

That he is happy now that he learnt that she loves her back.

But there is this little powerful force inside him that stops him from doing what he wants. He has to do this. He needs to do this.

It was that type of force.

Too small but it was enough to control his feelings.

“I’m sorry. I was too dumb to not realize how important you are to me. I was too dumb to realize that I like you, that I love you.” Hana sobbed. “I’m sorry it took forever to realize my feelings for you.” She added. “I’m sorry that I had to turn you down many times before this realization. I’m sorry for being so stupid to not even remember you as my dream guy.” She said making L. Joe’s eyes widen at her.

“So you really remember me?” He asked.

Hana nodded. “Just today. I dreamt of you.” She replied.

L. Joe went blank. He didn’t know what to feel now.

So, she remembers him.

So, she knows that he is her dream guy.

So, she says she loves him.

And L. Joe knows that he loves her as much as well.

So, what happens now?

Hana sighed. “I get it. I know I get it.” She said as she looked away, tears are threatening to fall again. She wiped her tears even before they fall.

L. Joe wanted to protest. “Hana, that’s not what I meant.” He said. “I was quiet. Yes. But that’s just because I am listening to you. I want to know what really happened. I want to know everything that happened on how and why you and he were together.” He said finally. “I thought I would not actually care because I have implanted in my head that I will love you no matter what. And trust me, I love you.” He said making Hana look at him.

“I love you with all my heart, Hana. I know you know that. I was even going to let you go to be happy with him. You saw me try my best to do everything just to make you happy.” He paused and stared right in her eyes. “You saw me do everything I can to make you love me.”

“I even lost hope. I was willing to let you go. I tried to convince myself to be happy for you even though I know I would never be. I tried, Hana.” He breathed. “I tried. You saw me so don’t tell me you get it. Because I don’t think you got the main point of this situation. Of our situation.” He spoke.

“It was hard when you are the only one who was holding on. It was hard when you are the only one who makes everything work. It’s hard. It’s tiring.” He said.

“And now you are telling me you love me? Telling me that you get why I am not responding? Telling me that you know exactly know what I am feeling now?” He asked.

“Trust me. You don’t know how happy I am now. You don’t know how my heart beats over 200 now. I don’t even think it is possible. But with you, I don’t believe in impossible things.” He said. “Don’t tell me you get and understand what I am thinking now because I myself don’t even know.” He said as he leaned and kissed her passionately.

Hana’s eyes widened in shock. She wasn’t expecting to get a kiss from L. Joe now. After what he said, she thought he would let her go. She thought her feelings would go to waste now.

But yeah.

L. Joe is really unpredictable. Just like what he is in her dreams.

“I love you, Kim Hana. Don’t ever forget that.” L. Joe said cupping her face as he pecked her lips once more.

Hana smiled and nodded. Indeed this is the day she had been waiting for.

“I love you, Lee Byunghun.” She replied in all honesty.

L. Joe smiled. “Let’s let go of all the bad things that happened okay? Start anew.” He said.

Hana nodded. “Forget everything and face everything happily together.” She replied.

Just like that, L. Joe bent to kiss her again.

These two, really.