Why Does It Hurt?

The Man In My Dreams

 

L. Joe couldn’t feel anything at all.

He is numb.

A zombie.

A nonliving creature.

He ran as fast as he could until the rain poured hard. No one knows how much pain he is feeling now. Perhaps, it is so painful that even he, himself, couldn’t know how hurt he is now.

He fell on his knees and cried.

He regretted everything that he should’ve and would’ve done moments before. He should’ve just introduced himself.

What is hard in telling Hana that, ‘Hey, I am L. Joe, the Man of Your Dreams! I know you are waiting for me. I am waiting for you too!’?

What is so hard in showing that drawing?

What is so hard in telling her everything in the first place?

And who the hell thought of that idea to make his confession a surprise?

Oh yeah. He did.

L. Joe did.

“You are one stupid guy, Lee Byunghun.” He laughed weakly with his hands and knees on the ground. “Stupidity at its finest.” He continued degrading himself.

“So what now?” He asked again. His tears are falling and mixed with rain. “So what now? So what now?!” He screamed in frustration.

He looked up and faced the pouring rain. “May the rain not stop. May the rain fall forever.” He muttered.

He shut his eyes and stood up.

*You’re a loser, Lee Byunghun. You may look good but you are a loser.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me what I was answering?!” Hana hollered at her friends. They are now in the comfort room. The only place where JB can’t be in.

Astra looked at her in disbelief. “Why do we have to repeat? You should’ve heard what he was saying. You are with us.” Mina replied.

Hana sighed in defeat. Yes, she was there but she wasn’t listening to what JB is talking about. She wasn’t listening to what everyone is saying nor paying attention to what everyone was doing.

She shut her eyes close and breathed deeply. *Kim Hana, what have you done?!!!!* She scolded herself as pictures of L. Joe running away looking sad continues to flash in her mind.

That hurt her as well.

Mihye looked at her. “But seriously, if you didn’t know what JB was talking about, why’d you say yes?” She asked curiously.

Hana looked at them. Yeah. Why didn’t she ask before answering? Was she that dumb? “I don’t know.” She said as she paced back and forth the comfort room, biting her fingernails. “I was just blown in the scene because everyone was looking and he looked like he was asking me for so long already.” She explained.

Astra sighed. “Aww, man! I thought you really like him too!” Nana exclaimed.

Hana looked at her in disbelief. “What are you talking about? I don’t even know him well enough.” She replied, her voice is pissed.

Astra had noticed her change in the way she has been defending herself from L. Joe and from JB. It seemed like they know why Hana is this worried. Other than the fact that JB is not her Dream guy.

“Well, now, you can know him well enough.” Mina said. “Because you are his freaking girlfriend.” She added.

Hana rolled her eyes. “You don’t have to emphasize that. I hate it.” She replied. “Just help me out of this.” She added. “I hate it! I feel so stupid!” She exclaimed in a really pissed tone.

Astra looked at her in awe. So yeah, the cool Hana has lost her swag today.

And probably with the days to come.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where do you think is L. Joe? He hasn’t showed up since first subject.” Chunji asked Teen Top.

It has been a day since Hana’s mistake saying yes to JB. And yes, L. Joe still hasn’t showed up since the cafeteria incident.

This is making his friends nervous.

“He is taking this to the heart.” CAP said.

Teen Top nodded.

“I’m sure hyung is really hurt right now.” Changjo said.

Niel sighed. “I just wish he is coming today.” He said. “He can’t miss a day of school. It is almost exam week.” He continued.

Teen Top sighed so hard again. The thought of EXAM WEEK is really tiring. And now, the thought of L. Joe not appearing before the said week makes it even more tiring.

Just then, Hana walked in to class.

And guess what?

JB walked her to class.

Everyone shipped this couple though. Except Teen Top I guess.

They all thought that the campus princess Hana and the kingka JB are perfect for each other. THOUGHT.

Hana walked inside the room awkwardly and sighed hard when she reached her seat. She looked at Teen Top who were eyeing her since they saw her until this moment.

“Why?” She asked.

Teen Top sighed.

Ricky walked over to Hana, sitting on L. Joe’s seat. “Congratulations, noona.” HE said smiling but he sounds really sad.

Hana blinked at him. “Why are you congratulating me?” She asked.

*Because you have hurt Lee Byunghun so bad.* they all wished they could say that.

Changjo smiled. “For you and JB. Congrats. You are now together!” HE said cheerfully.

Hana looked at them and smiled weakly. Then her gaze went on the empty seat beside her. *He is not coming still?* She thought as she felt a pang of pain in her heart.

*He must really be hurt.* She thought again before sighing and looking at the board.

The truth is, she was thinking about what to tell L. Joe if she sees him today.

Will she be able to talk to him?

Will he even talk to her?

Oh god. It killed her. Just the thought of L. Joe not talking to her, not being a bully, not pissing her, not being cocky, not being conceited and not being sweet to her kills her.

And that’s the time when she had finally realized it.

L. Joe is special to her.

Forget about Mr. Dream Guy. He let her go anyways.

“HYUNG!!!!” Ricky screamed shaking Hana back to reality.

She looked at the door and saw L. Joe walking in. Suddenly, her world was bright again.

L. Joe walked to his seat immediately. Cold aura is in the air.

No kidding. Hana could feel L. Joe’s coldness just by being beside her.

“Where have you been yesterday, hyung?” Niel asked.

L. Joe smiled a fake one. “I was drenched in the rain so I decided to go home.” He replied, trying to sound cool.

Teen Top looked at him and smiled even though they know that he is faking it.

Hana was watching L. Joe reading his notes. L. Joe must have noticed her watching him. He looked at her. “Oh, Kim Hana.” He spoke.

Hana was shocked to hear him talking to her again.

L. Joe smiled. “Congratulations on you and JB. May you last long together.” He said as he looked at his notes again. *May I last long watching you together too.*

Hana looked at L. Joe as he said those words.

Why does it hurt too much?