The Old Hangout

Perfect Place

"So have you decided what we could do today?" Jonghyun asked as he took a sip of orange juice.
"I just want to go see the places you two usually like to hang out in. Is that okay?" Seungyeon suggested.
"Okay, sure." Jonghyun said thinking about where to go he then got up and went to the bathroom.

While he was gone Bom held Seungyeon's shoulder and looked at her curiously. "Do you have a boyfriend? You have don't you?"
"No, I don't have a boyfriend." she answered.
"But you had before didn't you?" Bom asked again.
Seungyeon nodded. "I had. "
"Handsome?"
"Yeah, very handsome. But turned out to be a total jerk. I don't even know how I could waste so much time on a guy like him"
"How about you?"Seungyeon asked Bom.

Bom thought about Eli.. then her mind floated to the mysterious guy she had just met at the cafe.

"Right now, I don't have anyone." Bom answered still thinking about the guy and his eyes and strong arms.
"Bom, there is someone.. I can see it from your face." Seungyeon laughed. Bom blushed a little.
"Anyway, Eli told me there's many players in this area, is that true?" Seungyeon asked.

Huh, Eli warning about players. Well he is the best one to do that, a player himself knows the best. Bom snorted.

"Umm.. players, yeah there are. Be careful." Bom said.

Jonghyun had just came back from the bathroom and all he could hear was the word 'player'.

He froze. They aren't talking about me are they?

"Hey he's back." Bom said.
Jonghyun quickly put on a fake smile. "So where to first?"
"Hmmm. The mall. Let's go to the Hangout first. I bet Seungyeon wants to see what we did to it." Bom looked over at Seungeyon.
"You still kept the Hangout?" Seungyeon questioned.
"Yup. It's still the same but we tweaked it as we got older. You'll love it." Bom replied.
"Alright let's go." Jonghyun opened the door and the girls walked out.

Jonghyun drove to a hill where everyone got off the car. They started walking towards an abandoned house.

"I remember the first time we came here Bom freaked out about ghosts and wouldn't let go of Jonghyun's right arm." Seungyeon commented after seeing the building.
"What are you talking about? It was you who clung on to him." Bom corrected.
"Actually you both were holding on to me. Bom was afraid of ghosts and Seungyeon was afraid of the dark." Jonghyun corrected the two girls.
"Oh right." The girls said together then began laughing.

Once they reached the entrance of the house Bom told Seungyeon to close her eyes. Seungyeon did so then Jonghyun carried her bridle style into the house.

"You might trip." Jonghyun said as he lifted Seungyeon up.

Bom just giggled as she the lights.

"Thank you prince charming!" Seungyeon said to Jonghyun playfully as he let her down.

Bom and Jonghyun snickered.

"Seungyeon keep your eyes still shut." Bom said holding her hands on her eyes.
Jonghyun and Bom then stepped in front of Seungyeon. "Open them!" Bom yelled excitedly.

Seungyeon opened her eyes and saw her two friends smiling brightly in front of her. She looked around at the room.

"Woah, this is the Hangout?!"

All of the sudden she felt like crying. Seeing Jonghyun and Bom there again like in the old times, brought back so many precious memories.

Why am like this? This is a happy moment. I shouldn't cry now.... that smile of Jonghyun's.. that tender look on Bom's eyes.. the way they play around together.. I missed all this too much. I thought I lost them forever, but here they are again, standing in front of me.

"Seungyeon are you okay? Come we will show you around." Bom said.

Seungyeon swallowed all the tears that tried to come and smiled.

"Remember this Seungyeon?" Bom pointed towards the markings on the right hand wall.

It was their 'tagging wall'. But I guess it's called 'memory lane' now.. Seungyeon touched the faded sharpie marked wall. Bom came closer and pointed to the one above her reading:

"This house is a sacred place of friends who will be connected together in their hearts forever. Jongki, Seungye and Bommie."

They both smiled as Jonghyun came up to the wall. She remembered that they 'changed' their names so they wouldn't be caught vandelizing. Bom caught her eye on one written recently.

Bom laughed and read it out loud. "Seungyeon, you're forever in my heart. Jonggie."

Jonghyun blushed while trying to cover it up. Seungyeon tried to look at it.

"Did you really say that Jonghyun?" Seungyeon looked at him hopefully.

Bom smiled thinking he'll say yes.

"No." Jonghyun walked away cooly avoiding their gazes especially Seungyeon's.

Bom stared at him disappointed while Seungyeon looked down towards the ground. A water stain appeared on the ground.

"Seungyeon..." Bom tried to calm her but she ran outside.

Bom turned angrily to Jonghyun who was sitting at the table.

"What are you doing?" She slammed her hand on the table.

Jonghyun didn't even budge.

"I thought you really liked her Jongki!"

He still didn't even budge. She didn't even realized she had just shouted his pet name out loud. Bom enraged started for the door.

"Where are you going?" Jonghyun asked frankly.

Bom turned around disappointed.

"Where do you think I'm going?" She started for the door again.
"Let her go, she wanted to see Korea for herself didn't she?" Jonghyun said.

Bom stopped and didn't even bother to turn this time. Jonghyun still didn't budge. She bit her lip to hide her forming tears.

"You know it's funny. I thought you loved her but I guess I was wrong." She paused. "And I guess she thought she was wrong too."

Without a word Bom gunned it out of the house.

Jonghyun finally looked towards the door and then resting his eyes on the message he wrote feeling pain.