Flashbacks

Perfect Place

*"mworago~""* Her cellphone rang. Bom looked down and read the caller ID: 'Eli<3.' She smiled.
-
"Hey, how's it going?" Eli started talking with Bom while Eunjung and Seungyeon were unpacking Seungyeon's luggages in another room.

"You have a shift tonight right? I know you want to see me, so how about I come to the cafe today with my cousin, she just came to Korea and doesn't have any friends. Maybe you could introduce some people to her. And then after your shift is over we could do something together, you and I?" Eli lowered his voice a little.

"Great, see you then." He said with a sweet voice and ended the call.

"Who was that?" Eunjung shouted from another room.
"Ah.. just a friend." Eli yelled back and walked to the girls.

"Seungyeon, do you want to go and see the city with me? Eunjung has to read for exams tonight so it will be just you and me." Eli asked Seungyeon.
"Oh sure, I'd love to!" She said excitedly.
Eunjung sighed. "I want to go too, but this exam is really important. I can't go. Next time take me with you too, okay."
"Of course, babe." Eli said and gave a kiss on her forehead.
"Eli wait, I'll just go change my clothes. I look terrible after the trip" Seungyeon said and rushed to prepare herself to go out.

Soon Seungyeon was ready. Eli looked at her and gave a slight nod. Pretty.

He placed his arm on Seungyeon's shoulder. "Let's go!"
"See you later baby. Study hard!" he yelled to Eunjung as they walked out of the door.

Seungyeon and Eli wandered around the city and Eli showed her all the interesting places. After walking around for hours they had arrived close the cafe where Bom was working at.

Eli pointed at the cafe. "Wanna go there, I'm tired."
Seungyeon nodded and they walked inside.

"Welcome!" Jonghyun said welcoming the customers. "How many people?"
Eli looked at Seungyeon then answered "For two please."
"This way. Follow me." Jonghyun lead the way to a table.

Jonghyun was about to place the menus on the table when Bom bumped into Jonghyun, pushing him to the side and causing him to drop the menus on the floor.

"Hi Eli! Oh and this is your cousin right?" Bom said cheerfully.
"Yup, this is Seungyeon. She just came South America. Seungyeon this is Bom." Eli introduced.

She looks familiar. Seungyeon? South America? Could she be her? Jonghyun thought then quickly shook the thought away. It probably just a coincidence.

"Can I do this table since they’re my friends? Please, please, pretty please?" Bom smiled at Jonghyun with adorable eyes.
"Fine. But you have to cover for me next time." Jonghyun agreed.
"Thanks." Bom said turning to Eli.

Jonghyun bent down to pick up the menus. His necklace with his mother’s wedding ring came out of his shirt as he picked up the menus.

Seungyeon noticed the necklace. It looks just like the necklace Jonghyun always used to wear back then. His mother's wedding ring I think. I wonder if it is him.

Jonghyun stood up after picking up the menus. He put his necklace back in his shirt then walked behind the counter.

Seungyeon?... Bom looked at Seungyeon feeling dejavu. But she shook her mind out of it and called back towards Jonghyun. "Sorry Jonghyun!" She smiled and turned back.

"What would you like to order?" Bom asked cheerfully. She tried to pay attention to Eli's orders but something about Seungyeon felt familiar. I wonder if Jonghyun knows too... Eli was still blabbering when she we turned her attention back.

"...and one coke." Bom nodded feeling awkward now with Eli's gazes. She repeated the order and walked back into the kitchen where Jonghyun was washing the dishes now.

"Jonghyun!" He turned towards her giving her a dark look. "I know I accdentally made you drop all the menus, forgive me! But... Do you recall that girl Seungyeon? Wasn't she-" He threw down one of the plates hard. Bom stood there in shock.

"I guess not, I hoped she was the one you know." She smiled feeling slight tears in her eyes forming. But she pressed them back and laughed. "What am I saying? I have to get these orders ready." She jumped out of the kitchen balancing plates and drinks.

"Your orders u-!" She slipped on a puddle of juice a child had just spilled. She waited for the impact, but somehow she didn't hear a crash of dishes nor the feeling of hard ground on her back. She still held her eyes closed; her heart thumping and feeling someone holding onto her.
"You okay?" The man asked.
"I'm f..f...fine." Bom stuttered as she looked at the man. Bom's heart racing as she looked at his features.
"Careful next time." The man said as he stood Bom back up. "I'll be back soon. Maybe I'll see your next time." The man winked at Bom as he walked out of the door.

Bom continued to stare at the man. Who is he? Why is my heart beating so fast.

Jonghyun pretended to wipe the drool from Bom's face. "Eww. You like that."
"Stop it Jonghyun." Bom said getting back to reality.

Bom put the plates on Eli and Seungyeon's table with Jonghyun's help.

"Enjoy." Both Bom and Jonghyun said together.

Jonghyun looked at the time on the wall. "We clock in 30 minutes. You need a ride to your house right? I'll give you one if we can stop at mine first before we go to yours. I need to get (your) mom's pots from my house."
"Okay thanks. But if you learned to cook my mom wouldn't have to cook for you so you wouldn't have to go and get her pots." Bom said elbowing Jonghyun on the side as she went to wait on another table.


Bom smiled. It's okay if I don't spend time with Eli, it's not like we're going out anyway... She looked down. Or were we?

*flashback of guy who saved her face*

"EH?" Bom said startled. Why am i thinking of him? Her heart thumped. She shook her head. Maybe I just thought his blonde hair looked nice, or maybe it was his kind smile? She shook her head again.

"You know if you shake your head too much you're gonna lose all your brain cells." Bom jumped, startled by Eli's face popping through the window of the kitchen.

"ye..." She answered.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing just...instead of spending time together tonight can I take out your cousin, Seungyeon? She just came back to Korea right? Jonghyun and I could show her all the places. It's only 7:25." Bom smiled. Eli's face dropped but it returned with a disappointing smile.

"I guess." He motion her to come nearer. She came closer. "But when can we spend time together you and me?" He whispered. Bom pouted, she didn't like the fact that he had to whisper every time he wanted to do something with her. She shook her head.

"Never." She replied. *flashback of guy's face*. "I'm through with us having to do things together like as if it was a secret."

"But it's not a secret baby Bom. It's just-" He started. She ended it with a slap to his face.

"Don't you ever call me that! Plus we weren't even dating in the first place!!" Bom grunted and walked off. Whoa, did I just do that now? She ran in Jonghyun who stared wide-eyed, smirking.

He grabbed her arm and whispered in her ear. "I told you he wasn't your type of guy." Bom smiled. "You owe me a spagetti dinner, that was our deal. No more than two weeks with this guy." Jonghyun smirked.
"Alright! I'll make you spagetti one night, but..." She pulled off her apron and punched out of work for herself and Jonghyun. "Let's take Seungyeon out for a ride~" She said happily.