Proposing and Discovering.

Across The Canvas.

 

“Rae? Is everything alright? Rae?” Kyuhyun’s voice jolted me back to reality.

I shifted in his lap, nodding my head hesitantly. “Y-Yeah. I’m just tired.”

Kyuhyun hugged me tighter, cradling me to his chest as we rocked from side to side. “You have been so busy lately with your paintings.” He said as he kissed my shoulder blade.

“And your present!” I debated.

“Thank you.” He said. “Thus I too have a surprise for you.”

I turned around to face Kyuhyun, “A surprise for me? I thought you didn’t prepare anything.”

He smirked. “That’s why it’s called a surprise. Look to the sky.” He pointed with his finger.

Immediately I turned to the sky as I saw a phrase in the sky. “Will you marry me?” And a helicopter with a banner repeating the same proposal.

I gasped as my heart jumped. I looked at Kyuhyun with tears in my eyes.

He slipped his hand into his jacket pocket and presented a velvet box to me, “Lee Rae Young. We have come a super long way. From we were little children till now. Twenty years has gone by and you are all I can think of. Will you make me the happiest man by saying yes?” He then went on to open the velvet box, a ring with a row of encrusted gems in it.

My hand rose and covered my mouth. “You’re proposing to me? This is not a joke right?”

Kyuhyun frowned instantly. “I’m proposing to you right now and you think I’m kidding?”

My hand cupped his face. “Yes!”

He looked up at me. “Yes. I’ll marry you!” I said and his frown turned upside down.

“Yes! Rae agreed to marry me!” I smile widely as he slipped the ring on my finger.

“We’re going to get married.” I whispered as I placed my arms around his neck and brought my face closer to his.

“We’re going to get married.” He whispered back to me before kissing me.

“CONGRATUALATIONS!” Shouts came from all direction as I quickly pulled away and saw both our families and friends surrounding us.

“Oh my goodness! Why are you guys here?” I stupidly asked as Kyuhyun and I stood up.

“Kyuhyun invited all of us to the beach to witness this!” My best friend, Kim Mi answered as she waved her hand in the air, wiggling her fingers indicating the ring on my hand.

“Before he left for Hong Kong, he came by our house to ask for your hand in marriage.” My father stood forward.

“You came by my parent’s house before you left? That was the errand you said you needed to complete?” Tears rolling down my cheek.

Kyuhyun lifted his hand and wiped the tear off. “I wanted to do this the traditional way so I went to your parent’s house.”

“The traditional way.” I scoffed.

“Welcome to the family!” Ara, Kyuhyun’s older sister exclaimed. “I’ve wanted to say that to you ever since I saw the childhood photograph of both of you!” She giggled.

I smiled shyly.

“Welcome to our family, Rae Young.” Kyuhyun’s mother said as she held my hand and squeezed it tightly. “We’re really happy.” His father added with a big grin on his face.

“Kyuhyun, I’m presenting to you my precious and only daughter. You better keep her safe and sound. She’s all yours now.” My father said as he placed an arm around Kyuhyun.

“Don’t worry uncle. I’ll make sure Rae will be happy.” Kyuhyun said firmly.

“Uncle? What uncle. It’s time you call him dad!”  Kim Mi shouted.

Kyuhyun and I blushed scarlet red at the comment as the rest of the people hollered in cheers.

“I will. Dad.” He said happily as I nudged him with my elbow.

“How about this side of the family?” Ara teased.

This time, Kyuhyun nudged me as I blurted out, “Dad, Mum!” To Kyuhyun’s grinning parents.

“How about your fans?” I said as I looked around, there were a few schoolgirls who were staring, trying to identify Kyuhyun.

“I’m getting married. It’s a happy thing. They should be happy for me.” He said as he slithered his arm around my waist, pulling me towards him. “I’ll make an announcement at my next fan-meet. Don’t you worry.” He said as he tapped my nose.

“Let’s go and celebrate now!”

 

‘CHO KYUHYUN TO GET MARRIED AT THE END OF THE MONTH!’ I read the headlines of the newspaper as grey spots appeared between the lines. I shook my head once again for the fourth time today.

“Are you sure about this?” I said as I placed the newspaper down on the coffee table.

“You are having second thoughts about our marriage? Should I be worried?” Kyuhyun said as he walked into the living room, placing two cups of peppermint tea on the coffee table.

“Oh Kyu. I didn’t mean it that way.” I said as I placed my hand on his thigh gingerly.

“Well, you sound like you were.” He replied.

I took both his hands into mine as I got Kyuhyun to look at me. “We are getting married. I don’t care what it takes but I want to be with you forever. Don’t ever forget that.” I mentioned.

Kyuhyun smiled. “Thank you. I needed to hear that. I’m so nervous.” He said as he placed his head on my lap as we got comfortable on the sofa.

his hair, “Why are you nervous? Shouldn’t I be the one who is nervous? I’m so afraid your fans will kill me.” I joked.

Kyuhyun sat up immediately to my surprise, “I won’t let any of them hurt you.”

“I know you will protect me, my hero.” I beamed, snuggling closer to him as we lay in each other’s arms, enjoying a relaxing weekday afternoon.

“My damsel in distress.” He echoed as he rubbed my back.

“Your damsel is not in distress as long as she has her daily cup of tea.” I laughed, sitting up to take a sip of the tea.

I turned around to see Kyuhyun leaning his head back against the headrest, pinching the bridge of his nose. “My hero is tired.” I said.

“Do you mind if you helped your hero go to the bedroom and take his phone?” Kyuhyun muttered softly.

“Of course, I don’t mind.” I said as I stood up and made my way to the bedroom.

Looking around his side table and desk, his phone was nowhere to be found. “Kyu! Where is it? It ain’t on the side table or on your desk!” I shouted out to the living room.

“My bag pack!” He shouted back as I took his bag pack off the chair, searching the compartments.

Looking into the main compartment of the bag, I saw a transparent file of a sketching and I took it out immediately.

I looked at it for a moment and my lips curled to a smile. It was me.

Kyuhyun sketched me.

At the bottom of the sketch, there was a date and it was on the day where I brought him to the art café, about a year back. So he was lying when he said he gave it to someone else. That crafty boy.

 

“No. Your pencil shading is really goooooood! Speaking of which, I want to see the sketch you did previously!” I said as I sat up, wanting to go round his room to find the piece of sketch.

Kyuhyun immediately pulled me down, back into his arms. “I-I gave t-the sketch to s-someone a-already!” He stuttered.

 

That liar. I grinned as I took out his mobile phone and brought the sketching back out to the living room.

He was still in the same position; head leaned back, pinching his nose bridge with his eyes closed.

“You found it?” He asked, opening his eyes slowly.

I nodded, giving him his phone with one hand. “Mhmm. And I found something else too.” Bringing up the sketch with my other hand.

Upon seeing the sketch in my hand, his eyes widened. “Y-You…I-I…T-The s-sketch…” He stuttered.

“You lied.”  I said as I slid next to him on the sofa as he quickly snatched the sketch away from me, hugging it close to his chest with a pout.

“I didn’t draw it well. I don’t want you to see an ugly sketch.”He said, still with a pout.

“You called this sketch ugly? It’s so detailed and fine. I’m not saying it because it’s my face but it’s really good.” I said, patting his shoulder.

“Really? I bring it with me whenever I travel so I can see your face on the plane.” He confessed.

The blood rose to my cheeks. “You missed me that much?” I poked his stomach.

Putting his sketch on the table, he leaned forward and brought me onto his lap. “I miss you all the time. Even right now, as I look at you, I still miss you.” He said, before resting his head on my chest.

I played with his hair on the nape of his neck. “Me too. It took me one year just to find out about the sketch. I thought you really gave it away.” I said.

He pulled away and looked at me. “Were you jealous and upset?”

I shrugged it off, “N-Nooo.”

“You were, won’t you?”

“Noo, I wasn’t.”

“Yes, you were.”

“No, I wasn’t.”

“Yes, you were.”

“Oh shut up and kiss me!” I said as Kyuhyun leaned in and kissed my lips.

“I love you.” He said in between the kisses, breath unsteady.

“I love you, too.” I returned the affection as I sat in between the kisses. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Here is another chapter. I know I'm taking it quite fast at the moment but I assure you the drama is about to come! Hehehe. 

Please do comment so I'll be able to take note of details I might have missed out. Recently there haven't been much comments as previous times so I'm wondering, is there a reason for the drop in comments? 

COMMMMENTTTTTT! :) 

 

  

Xoxo.