Escape Death

Across The Canvas.

The sound of the siren! The police! Thank God! I knew I could always rely on Kyuhyun to save me!

“Da Jin! Quick let me go! And I’ll tell the police you didn’t harm me at all.” I said.

“My dear Rae Young….It’s too late for that!” He shouted as he burst into a roll of laughter. “I will make Kyuhyun pay for the rest of his life. I will make him regret, I will make his life miserable.”

I was still sitting at the corner of the room with my back against the wall. Da Jin was too busy to notice my eyes moving around, looking around things. This warehouse! This was the place Kyuhyun used to train, he told me many wonderful memories from here, especially the time he was chosen by the company; it was the best day of his life then.

Looking down at the ropes, I realized Da Jin jad placed something else on me; it was slightly heavy with a tinge of rusty iron smell to it.

“Whoever is inside the warehouse! Please come out now! This is the police! I repeat again, this is the police! Whoever is in the warehouse, please come out now! If not, we will go in!”

“That bastard once said you are his life. So why not I destroy his life for him?” Da Jin said as he started walking off towards the back door. “Goodbye Rae Young! Hope we’ll meet again! In your next life! Muahaha!”

There were banging sounds, as the police tried to force their way in. “Rae Young! I’m here! I will save you! Don’t be scared! I’m here! Your Kyuhyun is here!” I heard his voice after a long time. Finally!

The police managed to barge in as they ran towards the back door and Kyuhyun came running towards me. His hand caressed my dirty face as he looked all over my body. “What has he done to you?! Rae! I shouldn’t have left you by yourself. I’m sorry you got into all this, Rae! You must have been so frightened since you can’t see as well.” Kyuhyun cried.

I looked into Kyuhyun’s eyes, “Kyu? Look at me.” He did. “I can see you.”

Kyuhyun looked back into my eyes as I drown in his hazelnut brown eyes. “You can? You can see? How? Wait, let me get you out of this first.” I started to untangle myself.

And that’s when the ticking sound started. Tick tock, tick tock.

We looked around, and it dawned on me. “Kyu? I think…. he put…… a time bomb on my body.” Tick tock.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened and he quickly looked back down on this rectangle shape looking device that was strapped towards the ropes that were bounded around me.

“We will get out of here safely, I promise you.” He said as he looked around the warehouse. He ran back with a scissors as he took the cover of the device off.

The time was ticking, the timer was set. The bomb was going to explode.

“Go! Kyu, get out of here! Everyone else, get out of here!” I shouted. “Kyu, it’s dangerous. Just leave me alone. Leave me in here.”

“I’m not leaving you. I’m not going to leave you behind, Rae! If this explodes, then so be it, I’ll die with you, together. But there are still a lot of things I want to do with you so I’m going to use all the knowledge I got back in the army to diffuse this.”

“You know what to do?” I staggered.

Kyuhyun just nodded as he looked at the wires. There was a blue, yellow and red wire.

Time seem to have dropped to a crawl, I looked at the way Kyu’s hands were moving in and out of the device, pulling at different wires.

Even though everything was moving slowly, the timer was ticking faster and faster until it was down to the last twenty seconds.

“Kyu? Go! Leave me!”

“I’m not going! I will save you.”

“There’s not much time left. Just knowing you and being in love with you is enough for me. So please go.”

Kyuhyun looked at me and as his hands shivered, he cut off the red wire.

I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, for some explosion or some sort. For everything to go white.

“Rae?” Kyuhyun called.

I slowly opened my eyes. “The bomb is diffused. The bomb is diffused!” He whimpered as he cut the rest of the ropes off.

I freed myself and landed in Kyu’s arms.

“Kyu!”

“Rae!”

Nothing felt better. It was perfect, the feeling was perfect. Kyu’s hands went round my back and hugged me closer to his chest. “I can’t breathe Kyu.”

And he pulled me even closer. My hands went round his neck as I closed my eyes. I just escaped death. It was so close but I escaped it.

Kyu helped me to my feet as we walked out of the warehouse. There were rows of police cars and an ambulance.

Suddenly, we heard someone shouting.

“How are you still be alive!? How can this be? Let me go! Release me! This is not the end! Cho Kyuhyun! I will get my revenge!” Da Jin said as he was captured by the police and being dragged into the police car.

“Don’t worry, all of this is over. I will never let him hurt you. Ever.” Kyu said as he brought me over to the ambulance. “What has he done to my beloved Rae?”

“I’m fine. I thought we won’t meet again! But now I can see you! I can finally see you Kyu! You have no idea how happy I am. I can finally see you!” I started to cry as my hands went up to cup Kyu’s cheek.

I brushed my thumb over his cheek, over his forehead, over his lips, down to his collar bone. I missed this.

“Your arms! How dare he do this to you! My poor Rae, all the suffering. I’m so sorry you had to go through all that because of me.” Kyu sobbed as he saw the burnt cigarette marks.

“You are here with me and that’s what matters.” I smiled meekly. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! 

Kyuhyun must always saved the day right? 

Anyway, I'm really thankful to everybody who have waited patiently for me to be back and I really want to thank each and every one of you readers for always supporting my stories and especially this story since this was a two year break in between! 

Please subscribe and comment! I love you all!

 

 

 

Xoxo.