Dating.

Across The Canvas.

 

Soooooooooo. Kyuhyun and I have been dating for a while right now. A while meaning, we have been together coming to one year soon and everything is going well.

Ever since the first night I spend over at his place, I have never asked for the piece of sketch he did and he didn’t say anything either. Maybe he gave it to his mother? I wasn’t a petty person but being in a relationship, I think it tends to make a female feel more jealous.

We have been through a few fights but which couple doesn’t fight? I hated the feeling when he went overseas for the first time being in our relationship for his schedules. The feeling of lost and being alone hit me so hard, harder than when I was single.

I was someone who could do anything alone, I loved solitary shopping. I loved doing things alone; there was this sense of comfort and peace where I’m not holding up other people’s time.

But now, being in a relationship with Kyuhyun, I learnt to lean on him and sometimes be dependent on him. When he left I felt like half my world was gone, however there was still painting so I wasn’t that upset.

Kyuhyun called every single night. I wasn’t expecting that from such a busy person like him and I appreciated every call even if it was just a minute of talking. I was glad he was the one doing the calling.

It showed that he was committed to this relationship and he was serious about the whole thing. I felt really secure being with him.

“Come, aunty! I can help.” I said as I made my way to the kitchen of the Cho’s residence.

“Ohhh, Rae Young. It’s alright. I’m almost done!” Kyuhyun’s mother said as she placed the cover over the boiling pot of soup.

“Then, I shall help scoop the rice!” I said as I went to the rice cooker.

“Alright. Alright.” She said as she took off her apron.

“Thank you for coming over to accompany us.” Kyuhyun’s father said as he walked into the kitchen.

“Hello uncle! I should be the one saying thank you. Thank you for cooking such delicious food whenever I come over.” I chirped as I brought the rice bowls out to the dining table with a tray.

“He is right. Thank you for coming over to spend time with us.” Kyuhyun’s mother echoed her husband’s thoughts.

“It’s my pleasure.” I said as I set up the dining table.

A month after being together with Kyuhyun, he brought me home to see his family. His mother like he said was really happy to see me and the artist behind the painting he got for her friend. She said she had met my mother once at a departmental store but lost contact after.

 

“Is this Rae Young? That little girl from your class?” Kyuhyun’s mother exclaimed as she took a good look at me from head to toe. “You have grown into such a beautiful young lady!”

“Yup, that’s her! Dad and mum, meet my girlfriend, Lee Rae Young.” Kyuhyun said as he slipped his hand around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

“Hello aunty and uncle. I’m Lee Rae Young.” I said as I bowed.

“Yes yes. I remembered. I met your mother once! Just last year! But we forgot to exchange numbers!” His mother said.

“Oh? Now that you mentioned it, I think my mother once told me about it but it slipped my mind.” I shyly said.

“Come, let’s sit at the living room.” His father suggested.

 

And just like that, I have been coming to their home once every two weeks or so or whenever I’m around the area.  His parents are very hospitable people and showed such warmth to me whenever I come round to their home.

“Where did Kyuhyun go this time round?” His father said as he slurped his soup.

“He went to Hong Kong. He’ll be back in two days.” I said as I took some vegetables and placed it in his father’s serving bowl.

“Thank you Rae Young. Come have some meat. You looked like you lost weight again. Why? Because Kyuhyun’s not around?” He joked as he placed some braised beef in my serving bowl.

I blushed. But what he said was kind of true too, whenever Kyuhyun goes overseas, I never have the appetite to eat a full meal because he ain’t around to accompany me. The most is through a web camera.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be back in two days.” His mother teased.

“Aunty!” I pouted.

She just smiled.

 

Maybe I should do something for Kyuhyun. Something for him to bring along with him whenever he goes overseas.

I looked at my art materials. I had an extremely small canvas, the size of an average keychain. I know! I could make him a keychain where he can hook to his personal belongings! That way he can think of me often too.

I smiled as I took out the small canvas, since it was so small; I decided to take it upon myself as a challenge. I took my thinnest paintbrush and started painting.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

It’s been close to a year that Rae Young and I got together. I still think that it’s unbelievable how we got together. Every day is a new start to exciting and thrilling moments with her. Whenever I’m in the country, I would follow her to the beach on weekends where I will do my morning exercise while she paints the sunrise.

Nothing is ever boring with her. She was like a box of surprises; always wanting to try something new, always bringing me to unusual places that I have never been to.

She lights up my life like a shooting star.

My favourite moment is watching her paint. I think that when she is the most beautiful. The way she stares at the object or scenery and back at her canvas as her steady hand hold onto the paintbrush and very carefully swipes the brush across the canvas. The are precise and cautious, very delicate and sharp. Her focus is nothing but her painting. She shuts off every other thing and just be engrossed in her painting. I think that is something she makes her glow.

We had a few fights but I believe that is what made us grow as a couple. Which couple doesn’t fight? We learn through the mistakes and understand that if we love each other, we have to compromise and accept the differences.

I love Rae Young. I love her so much; she is such a precious person to me. I don’t even know what I’ll do without her. She had changed me into someone who is able to give love as well. She had made me look at the world in a different way; she brought my love for sketching.

“Mr Cho? Would you like to have some beverages?” The flight steward asked as I sat up in my seat.

“Just a glass of red wine.” I said as I took out the sketching I did at the art café from the very beginning.

It was my sketching of Rae Young.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey readers *waves*

And I'm back with a writing spree! Yay yay!

Heheheheh. I really want to fast forward to the future so I skipped the whole dating process because I think I wrote alot of such scenes in my previous writing and I think it's getting boring and repetitive for my readers.

However, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Commmment!

 

Xoxo