The Aisle.

Across The Canvas.

 

“I can’t believe you are getting married tomorrow!” Kim Mi shrieked.

“Ouch, Kim Mi. My ears.” I said as I looked at my toes.

Kim Mi was a professional make-up artist and she does the best manicures and pedicures in town that I know of.

We both graduated from the art school but she changed her own canvas to people’s faces instead.

“I’m going to make you the most gorgeous bride ever and everyone is going to be so jealous!” She said as she placed the nail polish bottle down and taking the quick-dry top coat bottle.

“Thank you for doing all these for me!” I said wiggling my fingers and toes.

“Don’t move! I’m painting!” She said.

“Whoops!”

“I’m your best friend. And I’m a professional make-up artist. I won’t allow anyone else but me to do your make-up so there’s no need to thank me there.” She said, brushing my big toe nail.

“Oh Kim Mi.” I said.

“Are you nervous?” She asked, closing the bottle of the quick-dry and taking the fan to blow my nails.

“I would be lying if I said I wasn’t.” I grimaced.

“Don’t worry. Everything is going to be fine! It’s your big happy day! And it only happens once in a lifetime!” She said.

“I’m going to start a new life with my other half. Doesn’t that sound intimidating?” I lifted an eyebrow at her.

“Actually, that sounds rather romantic.” She laughed.

“I know what you mean. I love Kyuhyun and I want to be with him. Maybe it’s the pre-wedding jitters.” I comforted myself.

“It’s going to take the both of you to make this marriage work. Don’t focus on the negative. Be more positive. Everything is going to turn out fine. You guys took a roller coaster ride to be together, since you were how old? Four? Five? Rae, you got to have more confidence in yourself and in Kyuhyun.”

“You’re right. What am I thinking? Am I allowed to call the groom before the wedding day?” I said as I took my mobile phone.

“Go ahead! I’m going to wash up. I’ll take my time.” She said as she took her towel and bathrobe and left the bedroom.

 

“Hello? Is the bride allowed to call the groom before their wedding day?” Kyuhyun answered the call.

“Hello. I don’t think they have any rule about not calling one another.” I said through the phone.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow.” Kyuhyun sighed.

“Me too. Kyu.”

“Mrs Cho. How does that sound like?”

“That sounds amazing.” I giggled.

“I think it sounds amazing too. I can’t believe it is really happening. We’re really getting married tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday I helped you picked up art materials at a corner of a street.”

“I know right? And I had to drop my paintbrush at the scene like Cinderella’s glass slipper.”

“Rae?”

“Hmmmm?”

“I love you.” Kyuhyun breathed.

I smiled. “I love you, too.”

“It’s getting late. You should get some rest. I don’t want my bride to look tired tomorrow.”

“You too. So I’ll see you at the altar?”

“We’re not allowed to meet each other till then right?”

“Yeah, it seems that way from how everyone is trying to prevent the both of us from bumping into each other before the wedding ceremony.”

“Alright then, I’ll see you at the altar.” Kyuhyun said.

“I’ll be the one in white!” I added jokingly.

“I’ll look out for that.” He played along.

“Goodnight, my hero.”

“Goodnight, my love.”

 

“Are you guys done?” Kim Mi said as she popped her head in.

“Yeah, we are. You can come in. Were you waiting on the other side of the door?” I asked.

“No. I just finished bathing.” She said, towel-drying her hair. “You should get to bed. I don’t want the groom to come after me saying his bride ain’t lovely because of dark circles.”

“I don’t even think I’ll be able to fall asleep. I’m too excited.”

“Well then, I have to force you to sleep.” Kim Mi, throwing her towel over the dressing table chair and hopped onto my bed, pushing me onto the pillow and patting my bottom like a parent.

“Kim Mi!” I screamed as I giggled.

“Sleeeeep!” She continued.

I sat up immediately and hugged my best friend. “Thank you, Kim Mi. Thank you so much.”

She wrapped her arms around me, “Gosh, woman! Don’t you cry! I don’t want your eyes to be swollen tomorrow!”

“Oh Kim Mi! What would I do without my best friend?” I sighed into the hug.

“I still remember the first time we met.”

“It has been so many years already.” I said as I pulled away.

“Stop crying. Do you hear me? Stop.” She said as her hand grazed my cheek; wiping the tears away.

I nodded with a smile.

 

“You’re definitely not letting me meet Kyuhyun right?” I said as Kim Mi was about to leave the waiting room.

“Nope, of course not. Wait here for a moment.” She said as she glided past the door in a shimmery silver gown that flowed down her body like a waterfall with her hair piled up in a bun.

Today is the day I’ve been waiting for since I’ve met Kyuhyun. We are finally getting married. I looked down at my wedding gown and the train that followed it, touching the fabric to let myself feel the sense of reality washed over me. I wasn’t dreaming; hopefully.

“There she is.” My mother’s voice came as my head turned to the direction of the door instantly.

My parents with joyful expressions on their faces walking towards me.

“Oh sweetie, you looked absolutely stunning!” My father said as he came round to hug me.

“I’m going to cry! Honey, is it really time already? Our daughter has grown up. She’s finally leaving the nest.” My mother said as she held a piece of tissue paper at the corner of her eyes.

“Mum, Dad.” My throat got all thick.

“Come on, we got to put the veil over your head.” My mother said as she took the veil and my father took the other side as they brought the veil over my head together.

“I love you both so much. Thank you.” I said as I hugged my parents once again.

“Okay, uncle, aunty. The wedding is going to start soon! You guys need to take your seats in the main church!” Kim Mi said as she brought my bouquet of flowers to my side.

 

The music began as I started to hyperventilate. Kim Mi who was also my bridesmaid started walking down the aisle. My father tugged my hand at his arm as we started walking.

I searched down the aisle until I spotted Kyuhyun’s face. It filled my vision and overwhelmed my mind. And as he met my gaze, he broke into a breathtaking smile.

Everything went by so fast and before I knew it, it was time to the say the vows.

“I do.” I managed to choke out.

When it was Kyuhyun’s turn to speak, the words rang clear and loud.

“I do.” He vowed.

He kissed me tenderly and lovingly as the cameras flashed and the cheers grew in volume.

“We’re married.” Kyuhyun whispered at my ear. “You are mine forever.”

I smiled as I tilted my head and kissed him once more.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Writing spreeeeeeeeee. And they are marrrrrrried!

Commmmmment! ^^

 

Xoxo.