Costumes.

Across The Canvas.

 

“Where are we going?” Rae Young asked for the nth time as we sat down at our seats on the plane.

“You do know that you are holding the boarding pass right?” I said as I placed our bags in the overhead compartment.

“Oh!” She said as she fumbled with her passport, to take out the boarding pass.

I smirked as I sat down next to Rae Young, buckling her seatbelt before buckling mine. I lifted up the center hand rest and snuggle myself closer to her. We were finally married. I’m hers and she’s mine. When I saw her walking down the aisle at the church, I knew at once; she is the one.

“We. Are. Going. To. Rio de Janeiro?!” Her eyes widened.

I smiled back at her. “Is there a problem?” I asked, worried she might not be happy about the destination.

“Is there a problem? You are asking me that question? Oh my goodness! I always wanted to go to that part of Brazil!” Rae Young said excitedly, clapping her hands together.

My face lit up. “Really? I was so afraid you might dislike the destination of our honeymoon.”

Noticing the center hand rest had shifted, Rae Young moved slightly in her seat to lean her head against my chest as my arm wrapped round her shoulders. “Kyu. As long as I’m with you, anywhere can be our honeymoon.” She said

“Anywhere?” I repeated. “Even on a plane?” I said as I leaned in to kiss her neck.

She smacked my hands. “Cho Kyuhyun! Behave yourself!” She was clearly blushing.

“Why? Am I doing something wrong? Kissing my wife in public is against the law?” I teased as I pecked her cheek.

“I just don’t want to find a magazine with a photograph of us in any misappropriate manner that might hurt your image.”

I cupped her face, “You are forever thinking about others, Rae. Think about yourself too, alright?” I said as I rubbed her cheek with my thumb.

She smiled as she nodded and leaned in to kiss me. “I love you, my hero.” She whispered as the plane was about to take off.

“I love you too.”I said as Rae leaned her head against my chest as we both fell asleep together.

 

“………The plane will be landing shortly. Thank you for flying with us.” And the announcement ending with a ‘ding’.

I shifted in my seat as I felt the weight of another person next to me. I almost forgot; I was no longer single, this wasn’t a business trip, it was my honeymoon.

I broke into a smile as I saw Rae sleeping, slightly opened, her breathing heavy as she leaned against my shoulder. I moved slowly, hoping not to wake her up as I grabbed her blanket with my free hand and pulled it up to her shoulders.

“Mmmmm.” She hummed as she shifted in my embrace and placed her arms around me. “Are w-we reaching?” She said in her coarse voice before clearing .

I grinned. Kissing the top of her head, I replied her. “Yes, we are. We’re landing soon.”

Her eyes flew opened as she turned to the window and looked out. “The view is amazing!” She exclaimed as she pointed here and there. I took her hand and placed it in mine, interlocking our hands together.

She turned back and stared at it before looking back up at me. “It’s the beginning of our honeymoon!” She said, leaning closer.

I lifted an eyebrow as I watched her. Her eyes gazed on my lips. “And you were saying something about misappropriate behaviour, Mrs Cho?” I said as I leaned in and pecked her lips.

She smiled. “I didn’t do anything.” She said in a sly manner.

 

Lee Rae Young’s POV

 

“I’m going to the bathroom for a freshen up, alright? I won’t take long.” Kyuhyun said as he pecked my cheek and placed our luggage down by the bedside before taking his toiletries into the oversized bathroom.

I sighed happily as I looked out at the view from our hotel room. I can’t believe we flew to the other part of the world just for our honeymoon; it seemed so surreal.

I folded my arms and stood by the balcony just looking down at the city, there was so much culture distinction and it was wonderful to be in another country with such diverse differences.

We took a night flight so it was already time for breakfast as I looked upon the morning view of the city.

My vision flickered before me. My hands rose to my forehead. This has been going on for quite a while. Was there something wrong with me? I shook my head and stared back out to the city. The colours were shifting as I squinted my eyes; there were grey spots on anything that was white.

Maybe the sun was too bright as I moved back into the room, finding the strength to sit at the edge of the bed.

I looked up at the coffee table and took the brochure. I flipped it open with my shaky hands as I scanned through the entire thing.

There were grey spots in between the lines; the colours in the pictures seemed to be shifting. What is going on with me? I closed my eyes for a moment as I calmed myself down.

Maybe it was the contact lens that I was wearing. I wore it on board. It might have been too dry. I think it’s time I changed it. My vision flickered again as I fell back onto the bed. This was really starting to annoy me.

I shook my head, trying to shake the pain that was starting to throb.

“Rae? Rae? Are you alright?” Kyuhyun was suddenly next to me, arms embracing me.

“K-Kyu?” I managed to choke out.

“Are you okay? I saw you fall back onto the bed. Are you feeling unwell?” He was worried.

“I think it’s my contacts. It might be too dry. I’m getting a headache.” I said.

“You better go and change it then. I don’t want my wife to feel uncomfortable.” Kyuhyun saying while giving my shoulder a squeeze.

Not wanting Kyuhyun to worry about me, I quickly went into the bathroom and changed my lenses.

Placing both hands on the bathroom counter, I washed my face and felt so much better.

Walking out of the bathroom, I got scooped up by Kyuhyun as he carried me to the sofa in our hotel room.

“Do you feel better?” He asked as he cradled me on his lap, kissing my head.

“Mhmmm.” I nodded.

“While you were in the bathroom, I arranged for a city tour. I hope that’s alright with you.”

“A city tour? That sounds like fun! I’m going to change.” I said as I left Kyuhyun’s lap and went to the luggage.

 

 

“There will be a street parade and carnival on this coming Friday afternoon to midnight!” The Brazilian tour guide shouted into the microphone.

“You can just walk along the crowds and party along with the rest of us! Don’t need to feel afraid! It’s a time for celebration!” He continued.

“We should get costumes and party alongside with them!” I said as I tugged on Kyuhyun’s shirt sleeves.

“Costumes?”

“Why? Are you scared?” I smirked, knowing how Kyuhyun is about having to wear costumes that might make him look hideous.

“N-no. Of course not. Is that a challenge?” He said.

“If you say so.” I said with a huge grin.

Knowing he can’t beat me, Kyuhyun had to agree. “Challenge accepted!” He said firmly.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. You l-look…HAHAHAHAAHAH!” I couldn’t control myself as I went into another fit of laughter.

Kyuhyun frowned and pouted at me. “Is it that bad? I don’t want to take part in this anymore!”

“Awwwww, my baby Kyu is getting upset.” I cooed as I placed both arms around his neck.

“I knew I shouldn’t have said yes to this challenge.” He muttered under his breath.

“It’s not that b-bad. I think you look kind of y in this outfit.” I said, arranging the bowtie at his collar.

Hearing a compliment from me, Kyuhyun’s self confidence rose and he started to become quite bossy about it.

“y eh?” He said.

“Oh please. I just praise you once. Don’t be so full of yourself.”

“But my wife just complimented me.” He said, placing his hands at my waist.

I quickly turned to the shop owner, “We’re taking this outfit! Thank you!”

“Whhhaaaaaaat?” Kyuhyun said in shock.

“You seem to be enjoying yourself in this outfit, Mr Cho.” I smiled as I tugged on his bowtie. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

I didn't update earlier cause I was away during the weekend. Heh. Enjoy this chapter!

Commmmmment!

 

Xoxo.