Pillow.

Across The Canvas.

 

“Hello? Ji Ra? Why are you calling me?” I said as I picked up the call.

“Kyuhyun? Has Rae Young talked to you today?” Ji Ra asked franticly.

“Rae? W-Why are you asking that?” I returned a question, puzzled. “Did something happen to her?”

“N-No.”She replied stuttering. “I got a patient; I’ll call you back later!” And she hung up.

That is weird. Ji Ra wasn’t a person that would call me. She usually texted or meet me in person. She only called in emergency situations. And she talked about Rae Young. That’s strange.

Just then Rae Young came home.

“Where did you go today?” I quickly asked her.

She shot me a glare. “Is that all you can ask me every day?” I was taken aback by Rae Young’s sudden rudeness.

“Cho Kyuhyun, is that all you can ask me every single day when I come home or when you reach home? Where did I go today?” She snapped; a tone higher.

“Rae, is something going on?” I was worried.

“You come home so late every day and I hardly hear from you now that we are married. I don’t feel loved by you anymore. I feel neglected and pushed aside. I don’t want this lifestyle. I hate you, Cho Kyuhyun. I don’t want to live here anymore.” She spat.

I was shocked. Rae Young was never a calculative person, she was never petty. “Whaat?”

“You heard me. I don’t want to sleep in the same bed as you. You are so busy with your work. It’s just work, work, and more work! You hardly have time for me!”

“You are seriously using this card on me?” I eyed her, unable to comprehend whatever she was saying.

 

“What are you doing today?” Rae Young asked, breaking the silence after a while.

“I’m off till next week where I’ll fly off again to Thailand.” I said sadly. “I’m sorry. I want to spend more time with you and my parents but it’s a little difficult.”

“Don’t be sorry. I’m not mad. I understand your job. I’m thankful that you call every single night. You don’t have if you’re tired, you know. I’m not that petty as other woman.” Rae Young spoke.

“I’m so glad to have such an understanding girlfriend. Others should be jealous. But I want to call you. I want to hear your voice before I sleep.” I pouted.

“I appreciate it. A lot. Thank you.” Rae Young looked up and pecked my lips.

 

“Yes, I am. I’m frustrated of being alone all the time. You are not the same anymore. You’ve changed! I’m going crazy! It’s so annoying!” She shouted back.

“Excuse me! You are the one who have changed!” I raised my voice.

Rae Young stared at me, “You can sleep on the sofa tonight. I don’t want to sleep next to you.” She said as she quickly ran up the stairs to our bedroom and threw a pillow down the stairs.

I glanced over to the pillow. What has gotten into Rae Young? Why was she behaving like that? She was the one who has changed; she never gets angry that easily. Refusing to accept defeat, I took the pillow and marched up the stairs.

Rae Young was crying by the bedside. I quickly ran over to her to hug her but she shrugged me off. “Don’t you dare touch me! Go away! I don’t want you here!” She shrieked.

“Rae. There’s something else that is going on, am I right? Tell me, please.” I begged her.

“Go away. Go downstairs.” She said as she left for the bathroom.

I sat by the edge of the bed, racking my brains to find out why Rae Young was behaving like that. I took the pillow, not wanting to upset Rae Young, and went downstairs to the living room and placed the pillow on the sofa.

I thought back to when Ji Ra called me earlier on. Did she know what is happening to Rae Young?

I quickly took out my phone and called Ji Ra but her phone line was busy. “Damn it.”

 

Lee Rae Young’s POV

 

After hearing silence, I left the bathroom and was greeted by an empty bedroom. I’m sorry Kyuhyun, I had to react this way. I’ll never use your work as an excuse for me to be angry with you. I understand your work and the amount of time you have to spend on it. I understand what you have to do for your career and I don’t mind a single bit.

I’m sorry I had to use it against you. I’m so sorry. This is the only way out.

I washed up and went to bed early.

The bed suddenly felt so empty. I have experienced an empty bed when Kyuhyun is out overseas and I’m home but this time round, the feeling is more intense. Even though he is just a level below me, the feeling is so horrible. I hated the feeling of not being able to sleep next to Kyuhyun. That’s why no matter how late Kyuhyun works till, I’ll wait for him so we can go to bed together. I don’t like going to bed before he does unless I am really really tired.

I tossed and turned, it was so difficult to go to sleep without having Kyuhyun next to me.

I heard footsteps in the night, quiet footsteps and I held my breath in. I was facing the opposite so I couldn’t see what was behind me. Suddenly, the blankets shifted and someone climbed into the bed. I felt the weight of the other person as the person snuggled closer.

I smelled the scent, it was Kyuhyun. He placed his forehead against my shoulder blade as he tried to form his body against me from behind. That silly, stupid boy. Can’t he just stay at the sofa? Why must he make things so difficult for me to handle?

Teary-eyed, I close my eyes and turned around, pretending to be shifting my position in my sleep.

His hand came to wrap round my waist as he pulled me closer to him, flushed against his skin. I snuggled my head to his chest as I kept my head low, not wanting him to look at my face. With that, I fell asleep.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

 

Rae Young snuggled herself against my chest. I brought my hand to her head and brush her hair.

I stared at the clock, 22:43PM

23:59PM

03:29AM

05:36AM

06:02AM

I quietly and gently removed myself away from Rae Young as I climbed out of bed slowly, not wanting to wake her up and quickly went back downstairs to sleep on the sofa.

 

When I woke up, the house was already empty; Rae Young was nowhere to be found except a huge envelope on the dining table.

I rubbed my eyes as I pulled out the document. Anger rose in me as I quickly tore the document into two.

Rae Young left an envelope containing a set of divorce papers. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Things are starting to be exciting! Yay drama!

Commment! 

Oh sillykyu gif! 

   

Xoxo.