Familiar Names.

Across The Canvas.

 

“Kyuhyun!” My mother called.

“Yeah?”

“Who was the painter of the art piece you chose the other day?” Her facial expression didn’t look friendly at all, was it not good enough?

“W-Why?”

“My friend loved the art piece so much! She said it was an excellent piece!” My mother complimented as she broke into a smile.

“Oh? It was painted by a young painter named L-Lee Rae Young.” I spoke.

“Lee Rae Young?” My mother echoed.

“She is a new painter in the industry but it seems like she is getting quite a good response in the market out there.” I said as I took a sip of the water from the glass I was holding.

“She should be. My friend took a picture of the painting you chose and send it to me. She said she really liked it.” My mother said with a grin on her face.

“Her name sounds really familiar, don’t you think?” I asked my mother. I have been really bothered by that name ever since that day at the art gallery.

My mother looked at me. “Lee. Rae. Young.” She repeated.

“T-There was a g-girl in your kindergarten class that had the name!” My mother blurted out.

I was right. Her name was indeed familiar.

 

Lee Rae Young’s POV

 

I was desperately in need of painting materials. I can’t believe myself. I was out of paint! That never happened to me before. Gosh, I’m such a blurblock!

I took a deep breath to calm myself down as I arrived at my favourite art store.

Looking through the different colours, I took an extra set from each of the colours just for precaution.

The thing I liked about this art store was that it featured a new thing every week; showing customers something new and I enjoyed buying them.

The thing that was featured today was a travel size pack of paints! It looked so adorable that I bought five sets of it.

With all the paints and extra stuff, I walked out of the art store happily.

I felt at ease now that I’ve got the paints.

Alright, time to go home and continue painting.

I was walking round the corner when a person bumped into me, making me drop my bag of paints.

“Oh my gosh!” I exclaimed as the person hurriedly walked away.

Such a rude person!

“Come, let me help you.” A voice came from behind as I saw another pair of hands stretched out, picking up the tubes of paints for me.

“Thank you!” I chimed. It’s nice to have friendly and helpful people around.

I picked up the remaining tubes and placed them back into the carrier.

“Here.” The stranger said as he placed the rest inside as well.

I brushed my fringe to the side as I looked up; a rather good-looking guy was standing before me. “Thank you once again for helping me!” I said.

“No worries. I saw how the dude pushed you. He should have helped you.” The stranger commented.

 “It’s alright; you helped me in the end.” I smiled. Taking one of the travel size pack of paints out of the carrier, I gave it to the stranger.

“Here, take it as my way of saying thank you.” The stranger stared at the pack with a look.

“I-I’m really sorry. But I don’t paint. You can keep it.” He shyly said.

“Just keep it. You’ll thank me one day! Thanks again!” I said as I walked off in the opposite direction.

I love spreading my love for paint everywhere I go, it’s my passion; it’s my life.

I quickly turned around and shouted at the stranger who was still standing at the same spot. “I didn’t get your name, mister!”

He looked up at me and with a small smile on his lips, “Kyuhyun!” He shouted back.

“Thanks Kyuhyun!” I said and waved before walking off.

Kyuhyun? That name sounds oddly familiar. Was it some singer’s name or something? No wait a minute, there was this boy in my kindergarten class who had the same name.

 

I like art lessons, because I got to see the little boy who sat next to me. He had such a nice voice. But I don’t know what to say to him.

I saw his art piece and decided to use it to start a conversation. My cousin once told me that ‘ugly’ means that something is very pretty.

So I took up all the courage I had and took his art piece. “Ooooh! It’s so ugly!” I said with a smile, hoping he will be happy.

But it was the opposite. The boy burst into tears and showed me an angry face.

I went home and told my parents what happened and realized that I had said the wrong thing. I wanted to say sorry to the boy but from the next day onwards, I never saw him at art lessons anymore….

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

 

This was the first time, I went out in public without my cap or scarf and that girl didn’t even notice who I was? I mean, being a famous ballad singer should get some recognition right? How can she not know who I was?

Oh well. I stared at the pack of paints she shoved into my hands.

 

“Just keep it. You’ll thank me one day! Thanks again!”

 

Thank her? I doubt so. It’s a rather small set anyway; I think I’ll just keep it somewhere in the store or something. The lady had such a beautiful eye smile though. Where was she going with all that tubes of paint? Was she a painter? Or some art teacher?

“Kyuhyun?” My manager called.

“Come, we have to go, a group of schoolgirls spotted you already. Quick!” He said as I turned around as I stepped on something.

It was a paintbrush.

I picked it up and hurriedly went back to the van. As I sat comfortably in my spot, I took a look at the paintbrush. It looked old.

I scanned the entire paintbrush, there was a marking done at the end of the paintbrush.

 

“R.Y” It was carved out.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey readers *waves*

THEY HAVE MET! But they are not sure of each other's identity yet! Wheeeeeeee. I'm so excited about this story! 

Commmmment! 

Xoxo.