Sunrise & Sunset

Across The Canvas.

 

“I’m bringing you to an art café!” I said as I pulled away from the hug.

“An art café?” He asked, puzzled.

“You must be swarm by your celebrity status that you don’t even know such cafes exist.” I pointed out.

“Honestly, I am lost. There are so many things in the world now that I can’t keep up with since I’m in the media all the time. I hate going out.” Kyuhyun frowned.

Feeling bold and a little daring, I placed my palm on his cheek; rubbing his cheek bone with my thumb. It was a subtle note of encouragement.

Kyuhyun’s frown turned upside down immediately upon my touch.

“Don’t worry. You can keep up with the world. Along with me.” I said as I grabbed his hand and started walking.

A sense of confidence flooded through me as I walked hand in hand with Kyuhyun.

“Let’s go to the art café!” He sang as he swung our hands with a smile.

 

“You haven’t lost your skill at all after all these years.” I said as I sat down opposite Kyuhyun as I watched him sketched on a piece of art block.

“Hey! Don’t look!” He covered his art block.

I laughed. “Why? Are you drawing me?” I said.

His eyes widened and he glared at me, “N-Nooo. Why would I do that?” He scowled like a child as he hugged his art block close to his chest.

“Here, this is my favourite drink here, I don’t know if you have tried this before. Have a sip.” I gestured to the hot cup of beverage that I ordered for him.

He placed his art block on his lap, while his eyes were on me. Taking the cup in his hand, he gave it a whiff and exhaled. “This smells really good. What is this drink?” He smiled.

“Taste it!” I encouraged him.

He did and sighed happily. “This is one of the best lattes I have ever tasted. What is it called?”

“Himalayan Tea Latte. I always order this when I come here.” I said as I looked around the café.

One thing about this art café was that people were able to buy a set of art materials and a set meal for a good price and paint and just have fun with art.

I chanced upon this art café during one of my bad days when I first started out. I came here so often that the owner recognized me and gave me a discount whenever I came by. Today was no exception.

“You come here very often?” He said as he placed the cup down.

“I come here all the time. Especially when I’m unhappy.” I shyly said as I looked down at my own cup of beverage.

“So now you’re unhappy?” Kyuhyun asked.

I looked up and shook m y head. “Nope. Today, I’m extremely happy!”

“Why?” He asked, stating the obvious.

“B-Because…Because…youareherewithme.” I sped through the words.

Kyuhyun obviously heard me but he pretended not to. I could see it in his eyes.

“What did you say?”

“I said. You should continue sketching.” As I took up my cup of latter and drank it.

He pouted and went back to his art block.

At the same time, I took out my personal scrapbook, the one I use to jot down ideas or just sketch basic background for me to develop new inspiration.

I took out my favourite pencil and started sketching Kyuhyun. I must admit, I wasn’t the type of artist who can draw people really well; I was more of a scenic painter but I tried my best.

After a few moments of silence. I placed my pencil down and looked up to find Kyuhyun staring back at me.

“You finished and you didn’t say anything?” I said as I closed my scrapbook.

“You looked lovely.” He complimented.

“So do you.” I returned the compliment.

“Can I see what you sketched?” He asked.

“Only if you let me see yours.” I bargained.

He thought for a while. “Okay, maybe not.”

I tilted my head, that wasn’t the reaction I was expecting from him.

“I bet you drew some sun rise background again or something.” He teased.

“I did not!”

“Oh really? What did you draw?”

“I drew y-…Hang on. You were just trying to get me to tell you the truth. I won’t fall for that so easily.” I said.

“Almost, Rae. Almost.” He had a smug grin plastered on his face.

I looked at my watch; it was nearing late afternoon, close to evening. I had my art materials in the boot of the car…

“You owe me a foldable set of easel and chair. Let’s go get them now.” I suggested as I took Kyuhyun’s hand and dragged him out of the art café.

 

“Why are we at the beach?” Kyuhyun asked as he carried the foldable easel and chairs; we bought two.

I giggled at the way I actually had an idol carry my things for me. “What are you laughing at?” He threw the question at me when he saw that I was just carrying my art box and nothing else while he was slogging his guts out with the heavier stuff.

“I feel like a celebrity now. I got my personal assistant.” I said as I gestured to him.

“Personal assistant?!” Kyuhyun’s voice went up one pitch higher.

I laughed, walking over to take one foldable chair and unfold it. Taking the easel and placing it in front of me.

“You can unfold your chair yourself.” I said as I took an extra canvas I had in the boot and placed it on the easel.

“My chair?”

“Yeah, it’s yours. Or else why do you think I bought two chairs?” I said.

“What are you doing?” Kyuhyun asked me as he sat next to me, holding my art box on his lap.

“All my life, I watched the sunrise, I took photos of the sunrise, I drew the sunrise, sketched the sunrise, painted the sunrise. Alone, with friends, with my family.” I confessed. “But I have never taken a good look at the sunset. Especially with someone……special.” I looked over to Kyuhyun as our eyes met.

He stared at me for a second before breaking into a smile. “Looks like, I’m not the only one who needs to catch up with the world.” He said as he leaned in to kiss me.

It was a very gentle kiss, like Kyuhyun was testing the waters of a newly established relationship. He was very careful not to make this kiss too overwhelming for me. My hand rose and caught onto his jacket like my life depended on it. And as Kyuhyun pulled away slowly, I pulled him back for another kiss. I wanted him to know that we both were on the same page that I too was attracted to him like how he was to me.

As we broke the kiss, trying to catch our breath, Kyuhyun leaned his forehead against mine as I heard his heavy breathing. At that moment, I knew why my parents were chasing me to go find a boyfriend, get married and settle down.

The feeling of euphoria that leapt in my heart when Kyuhyun kissed me was something that I couldn’t describe even with the simplest words.

With that thought, I tilted my head and pecked his lips again before sitting up straight taking my art box from him.

Kyuhyun lifted his hand and touched his lips. “So are we…official..?” He stammered.

I was putting paint in to my painting palette as I looked up at him.

“Close your eyes, Kyuhyun.” He eyed me for a moment before closing his eyes.

I stared at his flawless face, taking in the view that this person in front of me liked me as well.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun started to pucker his lips a bit. I snickered.

Taking a bit of paint on my fingers, I leaned for a fast peck on his lips while spreading the paint on his cheek.

His eyes flew open immediately to the contact of the cold paint. “Yah! Lee Rae Young!” He shouted as I got up from my chair and ran off around the grass patch.

“You can’t catch me!”

“Watch me!” He shouted as he took a glob of paint in his fingers and ran after me.

“Catch me if you can!” I laughed.

 

With paint on both sides of my cheek, forehead, my nose, and basically my entire face, I glared at Kyuhyun who was only cover in paint on his cheeks. Since he took more paint than I did.

“Don’t look at me in that way. You started it.” He said as he smirked.

“But I kissed you when I spread the paint on your cheek! It was a bonus point. Look at my face! Am I a canvas?!” I said as I looked into my pocket mirror.

Kyuhyun leaned in and kissed me. “There. I kissed you now we’re equal.”

“You call this equal?!”

He laughed as he took a packet of wet tissue, taking out one piece, “Come, let me help you.”

“You better.” I sulked.

Kyuhyun kept to his words and cleaned the paint off my face.

Just as he was wiping my chin, I caught sight of the view. “The sunset!” I said as I pointed out to the horizon.

I looked into my art box and pouted when I remembered my favourite paintbrush was still missing.

“What’s wrong?”

“I misplaced my favourite paintbrush so I have to deal with a substitute one.” I sighed as I took out the other paintbrush.

Kyuhyun held my hand to stop me as he slipped his other hand into the inner pocket of his jacket.

Taking out a paintbrush, “You dropped this on the day we first met. At the corner of the street.”

I took the paintbrush and turned it to the other side, my initials were there. This was my paintbrush! I flung my hands around his neck as I pulled him for a hug. “Thank you! Thank you!”

“See, if you don’t meet me again, you would have lost your favourite paintbrush forever.” Kyuhyun said with a grin as he pulled away.

“You should have run after me in the first place!” I argued back jokingly.

“Quick, paint!” He pointed to the sunset as it nearly slipped off my mind.

 

My favourite paintbrush never disappoints. The were perfect, it made the type of wave I wanted the canvas to have.

Kyuhyun kept very quiet as he watched me paint. He was being a useful person as he held on to the art box and the painting palette.

“There. Done.” I said as I placed the paintbrush down.

And I started packing.

Kyuhyun turned to look at the canvas, “You’re done?”

I turned to him and smiled, “The sun has set, you silly.”

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

SURPRISE UPDATE FROM THAILAND. Hehehehehe. Thus, my GIF of Kyuhyun shall be when he was in Thailand. Hahah. (Giving you guys two sets of GIFs) 

And I saw Kyuhyun's maa seaweed advertisement on a billboard! Heheh! Enjoy this chapter!

Commmmmmmmmmmmmmment! :)

 

 

Xoxo.