Stranger.

Across The Canvas.

 

By now, miraculously my cancer cells have disappeared. The doctors said it was a medical miracle that happened to me and it was very rare.

Everyone was so happy and grateful, especially Kyuhyun, he brought me out to do finger painting the moment he heard the news.

The blindness was getting comfortable for me in a way that I could remember how to get from one place to another.

Kyuhyun on the other hand was always anxious and worried for me, nothing too surprising for me. He was like that all the time. Worried that I would fall, worried that I would bump into things and get myself hurt. Worried that I might break something which will cause me to bleed. Worried that I will lose my way and be scared. Worried over every single thing.

I understand his worry but sometimes he needs to trust me, trust that I know the way back. I don’t want to keep on relying on him to get things done; I know he has his own set of worries to take care of already. I don’t want to add on anything else to him.

 

I strike out my walking cane onto the rocky pebble-covered pavement as I got off the taxi; the driver was kind enough to bring me to the pavement before going off. I took a deep breath; the sea salt smell was just calming to me, it relaxes all the tension in my body and I feel so carefree.

By now, I was aware of the surroundings, I knew how to get to my favourite spot from the pavement, I knew exactly where the lamp post was, where the bench was at, the right spots.

As I walked along the seemingly familiar grass patch, my walking cane strike out and hit onto something.

“Owww!” A man’s voice greeted me.

“Oh dear! I’m very sorry! I can’t see!” I apologized immediately to the person.

“I-It’s okay. Are you going somewhere, Miss?” The person asked.

I nodded. “There is a pavilion around here that I always sit at.” I answered the stranger. He sounded like a nice person, too bad I couldn’t see his face. However his voice sounded awfully familiar, like I have heard it before just that I couldn’t remember anyone with that voice.

“A pavilion? Come, let me take you there.” He said.

Kyuhyun didn’t like me talking to strangers, he was afraid that they would bring me to the wrong places or make fun of my blindness.

“Oh it’s alright. I know how to get there.” I said, kindly refusing the stranger.

“No, I insist.” The stranger carried on, placing a grip on my elbow as he started to lead me in a direction.

“Thank you.” I said.

“No problem.” He replied.

My other hand still had my walking cane as I waved it from left to right, the ground didn’t felt like the grass patch anymore.

It felt like the pavement where I came from; the rocky pebbles.

“I think we’re walking in the wrong direction.” I voiced out my thoughts to the stranger.

“Wrong direction? But the pavilion is up ahead.” He said.

I cocked my head to the side, trying to wrap my mind around the image of the beach area. It wasn’t like I was born blind, I became blind only recently; I know the outline of the entire beach, I knew where the pavilion was, and it wasn’t near the grass patch.

I stopped walking as I tried to remove my hand away from the stranger gently. “Thank you for walking me here, I think it’s enough.” The stranger was leading me to the wrong place.

“Oh no, we haven’t reached the pavilion.” He cooed.

“I think I can find it. It’s fine. Thank you.” I said as I turned around with my walking cane.

“You are so stubborn.” The man growled.

My brows furrowed but before I could react, a huge blow knocked me on my back as I collapsed.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

 

“Have anyone seen Rae?” I asked as I walked into the art café. Kim Mi was there with Ji Ra.

“I thought she was with you?” Kim Mi said.

“No. I was at the company. She was home alone but now she’s uncontactable.”

“What? She did say she wanted to go to the beach or something.” Kim Mi said.

“The beach? I came from there. She wasn’t there painting.” I answered.

My heart was getting anxious. Rae Young seems to be missing. No one knew about her location and her whereabouts. What happens if she gets lost? What if something bad happens to her? What if she’s hurt? I don’t even want to think of the worst situations.

“Should we make a police report?” Ji Ra asked.

“But it’s not 24 hours yet right?” Kim Mi replied her.

I shook my head.

“I shouldn’t have left her at home. This is my entire fault. I should have dragged her to the company. What have I done? I lost Rae Young. I won’t be able to forgive myself if she gets hurt.” I said as I slumped down to one of the seats.

“This is not your fault. Rae have been adapting to being alone. She wants to be independent. She doesn’t want to rely on you for everything. Maybe she took the wrong bus? Maybe-..”

Suddenly my mobile phone started ringing. It was an unknown number.

“Hello?” I answered.

I heard screams in the background; “Kyu! Help me! Kyu!”

It was Rae Young’s voice! She was screaming for help!

“Hahahah. Cho Kyuhyun. You must have never thought this day would come, am I correct? Abducting your wife is the best idea after all. I want to see you get anxious. I want to see you be in fear and in a state of panic. I want you to surrender to me.” A trail of laughter came in through the phone.

“Rae?! D-Da Jin? Where are you?! Why did you kidnap Rae? Where are you?! Rae!”

“Your pretty and blind wife was quite smart but I was smarter. You took away everything from me. Everything! Now, I have your everything with me. Let’s see how you survive without her!” Da Jin shouted into the phone.

“Nooo! Don’t harm her! What do you want?” I shouted as Ji Ra and Kim Mi stood next to me.

“What’s going on?” JI Ra mouthed.

The look of fear in my eyes was obvious.

“What’s going on?” Kim Mi asked.

“Just bring me a sum of money. That’s all I’m asking for.” Da Jin demanded over the phone.

“How much?”

“For a pretty woman like that, how about 10 million dollars? Muahahha.” Da Jin sneered.

“10 million? That’s too much! Where am I going to find such money?!” I spat.

“With all the albums you made and the new hits you’ve got, that shouldn’t be a problem right? Or you want the corpse of your wife?” Da Jin said slyly.

“Don’t you dare harm her! If you dare touch her, you’re asking for trouble.”

“Ohhh, I’m so scared. Cho Kyuhyun, if you dare to call the police, your wife is as good as dead.” And the phone line was cut off.

“Hello? Hello? Hello?!” Aishhhhhhhh.

“What happened?” Ji Ra asked.

“It’s Da Jin, he was my label mate. The same guy who knocked Rae on the head and got her blind. He’s got Rae and he wants money.”

“Is she safe? Did he harm her? 10 million dollars? Do you have enough?” Kim Mi asked.

“I think I can get some help from my parents. Rae’s parents were so worried the previous time I called them about the glass bottle incident. I don’t want them to get more worried.”

“But she’s their daughter. You must inform them.” Kim Mi instructed. “If you don’t, I will!”

I clutched onto my mobile phone so tightly my knuckles were turning white. Nothing must happen to you Rae Young, nothing. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

I told you the drama isn't over yet! I know I haven't updated in a long while! I'm sorry! Please enjoy this chapter!

 

Xoxo.