Rely.

Across The Canvas.

I sat up on the bed. It was already a week since the incident. I have been trying to cope with my blindness but there is always this sense of helplessness that I feel internally. As a painter, my sight has always been so important to me and now it’s gone. It’s like a part of my life has disappeared, it’s like a part of me have dissolved away.

I don’t know how long will this last, I’m just praying that I can have my sight back real soon because I feel so bad for everyone around me who have to keep on taking care of me.

Especially for Kyuhyun, he postponed a few of his schedules just to take care of me. He says its fine with him but I just don’t feel good about the situation, he is a celebrity, how can he push away schedules for personal reasons? He literally became my pair of eyes, helping me with almost every daily activity.

Sometimes in the night, when we go to bed, I’ll curl up to the side with Kyuhyun holding me from behind, I felt so loved but at the same time, I felt like a useless person. Kyuhyun had to do everything for me, I felt like a pet, like I had to rely heavily on someone so badly and I dreaded that feeling.

By now, I have tried my best to memorize everything around the house, where the tables are and the arrangement of everything is embedded into my head so I won’t bump into anything.

Kyuhyun went out early this morning, he had to settle something and he said he’ll be back early to bring me out.

I took the walking cane and strike it out in front of me as I search for the wall to place my hand on it to guide my path.

The most difficult part was coming down the stairs as it is a little dangerous for me and I fell once just the other day.

I took small steps so I wouldn’t miss anything. I walked down, step by step, slow and steady. Shaking the cane around to feel the floor, I made my way to the kitchen.

Leaning the cane against the counter, my hands searched for the water flask. Trying my best to find the water flask, I swung my hands in the air; the water flask should be around that area.

I finally found it and searched for the cup. Placing the cup on the counter, I touched the cup and took hold of the water flask, finding the opening. Slowly and unsteadily, I lowered the water flask and let the tip of it touched the cup and slowly tilt the water flask so I could get some water.

Somehow, the pouring of the water became more unstable, just then I heard the door opening. I wanted to greet Kyuhyun as I swung my hand, forgetting the water flask in my hands, I knocked the cup over the counter and the glass shattered into pieces on the kitchen tiles.

I gasped. “Oh my goodness!” I exclaimed.

“Rae? Are you alright?” I heard Kyuhyun shout as running footsteps increased in volume.

I froze at my spot because I knew if I moved, I might get hurt. “I’m alright, Kyu. I just broke the cup, that’s all.” I said sadly.

“Why did you do this by yourself? Do you know how dangerous it is? What happens if you cut yourself unknowingly? And get hurt? I will be worried.” He whined.

I stood by the kitchen, lowering my head as I started to tear. It was the first time Kyuhyun had raised his voice at me.

“Rae?”

I turned my head to the other side, wiping my tears as I held onto the table counter for support. I didn’t want him to see that I was tearing. I took a step backwards, Kyuhyun’s hand grabbed my wrist as he quickly carried me bridal style off the floor. “Whoa!” I exclaimed. My hands wrapped around his neck as I was in arms. I could feel that he was staring at me. “I-I’m sorry. I-I didn’t mean to..” I said softly.

“It’s not your fault. I’m sorry that I shouted at you. I shouldn’t have done that. I’m sorry, Rae.” Kyuhyun soothed as he placed me gently down on the sofa. I kept my hands on his arms as I pulled him closer to me. My hands searched for his face as I kept my hands on his face.

"I'm sorry, Kyu. I just wanted to take a cup of water for myself. I didn't mean to break the glass. I didn't want to make you worry. I'm sorry. I just-.."

Kyuhyun pulled me into a tight embrace, caressing my hair. "Don't feelbad. I'm sorry for not being by your side to help you. I should have been there to help you." He said as he kissed my tears away. I smiled shyly.

"Next time, I'll place a water bottle by the bedside so it will be easier for you to reach for it. Alright?" Kyuhyun said as he brushed my hair back. I nodded.

"Okay, let me go clear up the mess first, then we shall go out, does that sounds good?"
"Yes, it does!" I said.

"Where are you bringing me to?" I asked Kyuhyun as he helped me buckled my seatbelt.

"It's a surprise. If I tell you, it won't be a surprise anymore." Kyuhyun said as he started the engine. I pouted.

"Awww, don't give me the pouty face. I won't be taken in by that." He said, teasing me.

"You're so annoying." I said as I stuck out my tongue at him.

"Rae?"

"Hmmm?"

"I love you." Kyuhyun breathed.

I blushed. I know that we were married already but whenever Kyuhyun says those three precious words to me, it feels like the very first time. It always feels special and I can totally feel the sensation.

"I love you too." I replied.

The breeze was really strong, the smell in the air was familiar. The smell of salt, sea salt. I felt as my shoes brushed across the grass, this place felt so familiar. Were we at my favourite spot at the beach? At the grass patch that I painted every Saturday which I have stopped now? It really feels like it. With the strong sea breeze and the strong sea salt smell in the air, I can't go wrong with this answer.

I tugged on Kyuhyun's hand.

"Yes?"

"Are we at the beach?" I asked, feeling confident.

"How did you know that?" Kyuhyun gasped.

"You do know that I come here every Saturday, do you?" I said, lifting an eyebrow. All I heard was Kyuhyun's laughter.

"So I'm correct! Yay!" I said as Kyuhyun guided me to a certain place.

"Okay, now you may sit down, be careful."

I slowly sat down on a stool, I supposed? One hand holding on to the walking cane while my other hand on Kyuhyun’s arm.

“Okay, now, I’m going to guide your fingers onto something. Don’t scream alright?” He said.

I hesitated. “What is that? Kyuuuu. Don’t scare me!” I whined, afraid of what Kyuhyun is going to do.

“Relax, you are very familiar with this. Don’t worry.” He cooed.

He guided my finger onto something wet, soft, and squashy feeling. Was it p-paint? I brought my finger to my nose and gave it a sniff, it was paint!

“Paint? We are going to paint?” I asked astonished.

“Your other senses are very strong now.” Kyuhyun praised me.

“Really? Paint?” I asked again. It’s been a long time since I painted. I missed it so much. It’s like second nature to me. It was my life!

“I know you missed painting. That’s why I brought you here today. So what if you can’t see? Finger painting shall do the trick. Just dip your fingers into the paint, regardless of the colour and spread it on to the canvas that is in front of you. It doesn’t matter, does it? Art is the freedom of expression, isn’t it?” Kyuhyun said.

I listened in awe as I started tearing. “Rae, sweetheart, I did this to make you happy, not to make you sad. Don’t cry!” He comforted me.

I shook my head. “I’m too happy. T-Thank you!” I said as Kyuhyun hugged me.

Pulling away, he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back; bring my wet fingers to his cheek, thinking back about the past.

 

Taking a bit of paint on my fingers, I leaned for a fast peck on his lips while spreading the paint on his cheek.

His eyes flew open immediately to the contact of the cold paint. “Yah! Lee Rae Young!” He shouted as I got up from my chair and ran off around the grass patch.

 

I did the same. I spread the paint all over his cheek.

Kyuhyun didn’t pull away this time round. I was curious but not for long as I felt something cold on my nose. Kyuhyun had spread paint onto my nose and forehead.

“Yah!” I shouted at him.

“You can’t fool me, my love!” 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

It's been a while right? I'm sorry guys. I'm working part-time and the shift ends quite late so this few days I had a hard time updating. SO here is a chapter for you! 

Hope you guys enjoy this! 

Remember to commmmmmmmmmmment! Hehehe. 

  

 

Xoxo.