Vision.

Across The Canvas.

 

I shifted in Kyuhyun’s bed and felt that I wasn’t alone on it. My eyes flew wide opened immediately.

I rolled back over, trying to see in the darkness.

“Sorry.” A voice murmured so softly like he was part of the darkness. “I didn’t mean to wake you up.”

The stillness was peaceful and I didn’t care how lonely I felt before, I reached out for him as I found his hands in the darkness and pulled myself closer to him.

Kyuhyun’s arms encircled me, cradling me to his chest.

“I thought you were supposed to come back two days later, what you are doing home?” I chuckled as I kissed his jaw.

Kyuhyun turned his face and kissed me softly for a moment, “What are you doing in my bed?”

“I missed you.” I stated obviously. He left his hand on my cheek as he rubbed it, “I missed you too.”

“You haven’t answered my question, why are you home?”

“Surprise.” He whispered.

“I like this surprise. I like that you’re back. Back to me.” I said as I leaned my head against his chest and paused there.

“I thought so too. That’s why I’m back.” He said in the darkness.

“Do you want me to switch on the side lamp?” I said, turning my body to the switch.

Kyuhyun pulled my body back, hitching his leg around my hip. “Sleep. We can talk in the morning. I know you’re tired.” He said gently.

“Mmmmm.” I hummed; the drowsy feeling was back as Kyuhyun sang an unknown tune of a lullaby to me as my eyes fluttered close.

 

I woke up with a shock. I dreamt that Kyuhyun was back. I was about to bounce out of bed when a hand stopped me. I looked down and saw another hand around my waist. I followed the hand and saw a sleeping Kyuhyun next to me.

I gasped. I wasn’t dreaming. Kyuhyun really was back.

“Why are you making so much movement in the morning?” He mumbled, eyes still closed.

I blinked. “You’re back?!” It came off stupidly.

Kyuhyun’s eyes flew open as he pulled me into his arms. “Yes, I’m back. Why? You thought you were dreaming again?” He said.

I placed my hand on his face as I traced his skin. “Yeah. I thought I was dreaming. You came home early.” I smiled.

“Because I missed you.” He said, brushing his nose against mine.

“Me too.” I said softly. “I told your parents that you were coming home two days later.”

“We can give them a surprise too. You met them recently?” He asked as I sighed in his arms.

“Mhmmm, just yesterday. I went over to your parent’s place for dinner. Your mother’s braised beef is wonderful. I had two bowls of rice because of that dish.” I said, cupping my own cheek. “I think I’ll gain weight overtime.”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Her braised beef is really good. You can come and exercise with me during the weekends.” Kyuhyun giving a suggestion.

“After I paint. That sounds like a good idea.” I said, nodding into the hug.

We stayed in the hug in silence as we enjoyed the quietness that came between us. It was comfortable.

“What are you doing today?” I asked, breaking the silence after a while.

“I’m off till next week where I’ll fly off again to Thailand.” Kyuhyun said sadly. “I’m sorry. I want to spend more time with you and my parents but it’s a little difficult.”

“Don’t be sorry. I’m not mad. I understand your job. I’m thankful that you call every single night. You don’t have to if you’re tired, you know. I’m not that petty as other woman.” I spoke.

“I’m so glad to have such an understanding girlfriend. Others should be jealous. But I want to call you. I want to hear your voice before I sleep.” Kyuhyun pouted.

“I appreciate it. A lot. Thank you.” I looked up and pecked his lips.

Kyuhyun’s grip became tighter as our kiss became more intense and I slithered my hand around his neck.

We pulled away, trying to catch our breath. “I think my morning exercise is done for today.” He joked.

I blushed as I tried to calm my heart down.

He rested his forehead on mine, “You’re so beautiful.”

“You too. You’re perfect.” I said.

“I agree with you.” Kyuhyun said as he closed his eyes.

“What?!” I smacked his chest.

He laughed loudly, “I’m perfect because I have you.” Kyuhyun stared at my eyes as he spoke, his gaze was intense.

I blushed even more.

“Really?” I said in a whisper.

Kyuhyun brushed my fringe as he placed some strands behind my ear. “Really.” He smiled shyly.

 

“So our date is at the beach?” Kyuhyun said as he swung our hands as we walked to my usual spot on the grass patch where I paint.

“I know this spot is kind of getting boring but it’s our spot. And I thought coming here will be good because it relates to whatever I will be giving you later.” I said as I set up a picnic mat and sat down with Kyuhyun.

“You’re giving me something? Why didn’t you tell me? I didn’t prepare anything.” Kyuhyun asked astonished.

“You are enough for me.” I said as I took his hand in mine and placed the small canvas keychain I did for him.

“Surprise.” I echoed the way he did to me.

“What is this?” He said as he flipped it over.

“You painted this?” Kyuhyun asked as he brought it closer to his eyes to look at it.

“Y-Yeah. I thought it will remind you of me whenever you fly.” I said.

“Rae. This means so much to me. It’s so intricate. It’s gorgeous. I love it!” Kyuhyun said as he waved the keychain in the air. “I think this is the best sunset you have drawn. The details are extremely precious.” He said as he traced the lines in the keychain.

I beamed. “So you like it?”

Kyuhyun turned to me, “Like it? I love it! But how? It’s so tiny. How did you manage to paint this?” He said as gathered me in his arms, letting me lean my head against his chest, legs forming a cage around me.

“I took the thinnest paintbrush I had and with a magnifying glass.” I said proudly.

“It’s really incredible. Thank you for giving me this. Now I understand why the owner of the art gallery is so interested in your paintings.” He said as he pecked my cheek.

“Look! The sunset.” I said as I pointed to the horizon.

“Hey, do you see that? The colours beneath the clouds.” Kyuhyun said as I looked up into the sky.

Shadows were casted as I shook my head and took a second look at the sky. I blinked, trying to get my vision cleared but somehow or rather, the shadows remained. “T-The ones beneath the clouds?” I repeated.

“Yeah, the fading gradient. The one in your painting is nicer.” Kyuhyun laughed.

My brows furrowed as I looked to the sky once again, the fading gradient was there but as I blinked my eyes, my vision flickered. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

It's been too quiet lately, isn't it? I know this time round, my writing style is a little different from my previous writings; I'm trying out a different way of getting the story together so please bear with me. 

The drama is just beginning. *smirks*

I appreciate every single comment so please don't be shy! Just give me your feedback! :) 

   

  

Xoxo.