An Envelope Of Hatred.

Across The Canvas.

 

What on earth is Rae Young up to? I went back up to the bedroom, all her items were still intact, she didn’t remove anything and her passport was still at home.

I dialed her phone number, it kept ringing but no one was picking up the phone. I sighed as I threw my phone on the sofa after calling her for more than twenty times.

I remembered about Ji Ra and so I dialed her number.

“Kyuhyun?” She picked up the call immediately after the first ring.

“Ji Ra, what happen to Rae Young? You asked me yesterday if she talked to me yet. What is going on?!” I shouted into the phone.

“What happened?” She asked in a calm voice.

“She left an envelope on the dining table in the morning; it’s a set of divorce papers. Yesterday, she was behaving weirdly.”

“She what?!” Ji Ra sounded shocked.

“She gave me a set of signed divorce papers this morning.” I summarized the entire situation to her in one sentence.

“Oh my goodness. She did t-that?”

“You know something right? Tell me!” I yelled.

“I don’t know anything, Kyuhyun.” Ji Ra said.

“You’re lying! Ji Ra, please! Rae wants to divorce me! I can’t be without her! You have to help me!” I practically screamed into the phone.

Just then the front door unlocked and Rae Young walked in.

“She’s back! I’ll call you later!” I said and quickly hung up.

Rae Young walked straight to the living room as she placed her bag down. “Have you signed it?” She said in a cold tone.

I went straight up to her, she turned her head away. “Are you out of your mind? Divorce papers? I’m not going to sign them.”

She turned her head immediately. “I want you to sign it.”

I shook my head, “I’m never going to sign it. I tore the document into two.” I said in her face.

Her eyes widened, “Y-You tore the paper into t-two?” She repeated my statement.

“Yes, I did. Rae, please tell me what is going on? Please, I beg you! Tell me!” I said as tears filled my eyes. “I can’t live without you; I can’t bear to be away from you. You are everything to me!” I sobbed.

Rae Young stared at me for a moment before looking away. “I’ll get a new set of papers done.”

“Didn’t you hear me? I’m not going to sign it!” I said, placing my hand round her waist, bringing her close to me.

“What are you doing? Get your hands off me!” Rae Young shouted.

“Look at me.” I demanded.

“Let me go! Get off! Let me go!”

“I said, look at me!” I demanded a second time.

Rae Young stopped struggling and with a swing of her hand, she slapped her hand across my face. “Don’t do that.” She said, panting, “I’m going to bed. You’ll get a similar piece of document tomorrow morning.” She said in a soft voice before going up the stairs to the bedroom.

I stood in the living room, dumb-founded about everything that had happened. Rae Young wants divorce for some uncertain reason I know not, she kicked me out of the bedroom and now she just slapped me.

What happened to her? I am going to get to the bottom of this situation, she must be having some kind of problem which is affecting her decisions, she can’t possibly have a change of heart that fast, and she can’t possibly love someone else. What is making her do all this changes?

I refused to believe that Rae Young would want a divorce so suddenly, there must be something going on that I am unaware of.

I decided to call Kim Mi, she is Rae Young’s best friend, she would know everything, wouldn’t she?

“Hello?” She answered. “Kyuhyun? Why are you calling me?” She sounded rather annoyed.

“Something is wrong with Rae Young, she has been behaving weirdly this few days. Do you know why?” I asked.

“Apart from you neglecting her, I don’t see any difference in her.” Kim Mi snorted through the phone. “She was feeling so miserable and lonely. I thought I could trust you in giving her happiness!” Kim Mi said before hanging up abruptly.

“Hello hello? Kim Mi? Hello? Aissssssh.” I threw my phone on the sofa again.

I waited till it was quite late into the night before tiptoeing up the stairs to the bedroom.

I saw Rae Young sleeping soundly; well she looked like she was sleeping soundly at the corner of the bed. I climbed into the bed slowly and quietly, hopefully not waking her up in the process. I snuggled her against my body again like the night before. Her hair was in her face, making me unable to see her face properly.

I wanted to brush her hair but I was afraid I would wake her up so I just kept her by my side as I kissed her hair.

I stared at the clock; 23:37PM

01:18AM

02:58AM

04:19AM

06:49AM

I slowly removed myself away from Rae Young as I made my way down to the sofa. Before falling asleep, I wrote on a piece of post-it and stuck it on the fridge.

 

Rae, I will never sign any divorce papers. Never.

 

Kim Mi’s POV

 

I stared at my watch, taking a sip of the latte that was in front of me, a figure walked by and sat right in front of me.

“You must be Kim Mi right? I remembered we met during the wedding.” The lady with short pixie hair said as she placed her hand forward. “My name is Ji Ra. I think we need to help the couple.”

I shook her hand, “Kim Mi. Yes, I think we should.”

“You know what happen to Rae Young right? Rae Young told me she told her family and her best friend already.”

I nodded my head. “You are her doctor right? Isn’t that a cure for it?” I said as I started to sob again.

“Unfortunately, there is no cure for cancer but we can improve the situation and lower the activeness of the cancer cells. Everybody has cancer cells in their body, it’s just that her cancer cells became active.” Ji Ra explained.

“I think she should tell Kyuhyun the truth, that will be the only way to help the couple but being Rae Young, she isn’t going to tell. She even told me a list of excuses to say to him if he contacts me.”

“I agree with you. She told me right from the beginning not to mention anything to Kyuhyun. However, being Kyuhyun’s good friend, I know how much he loves her, he won’t be able to go through this break up.”

“Break up?” I repeated.

“She gave her a set of signed divorce papers the other morning.” Ji Ra said.

My eyes widened. “She really went to do all that? Oh my goodness, that stupid silly girl! Doesn’t she know, by telling the truth, everything will be alright?”

“Kyuhyun tore the document into pieces.” Ji Ra stated.

“He what? Good job. I know I can trust him.” I said, thinking about the conversation I had with him.

 

“Hello?” I answered. “Kyuhyun? Why are you calling me?” I asked.

“Something is wrong with Rae Young, she has been behaving weirdly this few days. Do you know why?” Kyuhyun said through the phone.

“Apart from you neglecting her, I don’t see any difference in her.” I lied through the phone. “She was feeling so miserable and lonely. I thought I could trust you in giving her happiness!” Before hanging him up for dramatic effect.  

 

Kyuhyun, I’m so sorry for lying to you. Your wife, Lee Rae Young forbids anyone to tell you the truth or else she will disappear. Please stay by Rae Young, she really needs your support and love right now. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Writing spreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ 

DRAMA! Remember to comment! ^^

 

Xoxo.