A Bottle Of Wine.

Across The Canvas.

 

“Thank you for sending me home.”

“No problem! Anyway, your manager needs to rest too!” I said as I stared at Kyuhyun who was standing in front of his apartment.

“Do you live with your family?” I asked, looking out of the window, checking the apartment building.

“No. I live by myself because the area here is nearer to all the recording and filming places.” He said with a shy smile.

“Ohhh.” I said.

Kyuhyun rubbed his neck, “Do you- Would you like to come up and have some coffee?” He invited.

I laughed. “I don’t mind having a look at your apartment but coffee at this hour? How about some wine?” I suggested.

Kyuhyun’s face lid up immediately. “Did you say wine? Sure!” He smiled as I came out of the car and locked it.

I walked over to his side and he took my hand very casually and pulled me towards the lift lobby.

“Someone is very excited suddenly.” I commented.

“Whenever wine is concerned.” He replied automatically.

I scoffed.

Kyuhyun pressed the lift button and stood back at my side as we waited for the lift. “Rae?”

“Hmmm?”

“Thank you for bringing me to see the sunset together with you. I had a really good time.” He said as he my cheek.

“You mean, you had a really good time smearing the paint all over my face?” I teased.

Kyuhyun chuckled loudly, “And that too. I almost forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me about it.” He joked as he squeezed my hand.

“Yah!”I smacked his chest as we went into the lift.

Kyuhyun quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me over to him, hugging me close to him.

“I’m really happy to meet you again after so many years. You have no idea how much I like you now.” He breathed.

I sighed happily in his arms as my hands rose and encircled his waist. “Me too.” I said as I placed my chin on his shoulders as I tilted my head to kiss his jaw.

 

“I’ll pop the bottle, you can get the glasses.” I said as I sat on a high stool in the kitchen of Kyuhyun’s apartment. It was nothing like I expected it to be.

He was an idol, a famous person but his apartment didn’t reflect anything like that. Except his wine chiller. It was a simple home, one that was decorated with love and comfort, one that does not express wealth.

“I hope my place is alright. I don’t like fanciful stuff.” Kyuhyun said as he took the glasses off the rack and placed them in front of me on the bar top counter.

“It’s just nice. I was expecting some high class décor.” I smirked as I took the glass.

“Nahh, I’m still not used to that kind of life.” Kyuhyun said. “Let me pour.” While taking the bottle from me.

We clink our glasses, “To us!” He said with a big grin.

“To us.” I echoed.

And we sipped our wine. “Oooooh. This is smooth. This tastes familiar.” I said as I felt the alcohol slipped down my throat.

“It’s my favourite bottle of wine.”

“Wait, let me see the bottle.” I said as I turned the bottle around. “Hey! It’s my favourite bottle too!”

“Looks who’s talking right now.” Kyuhyun said as we sat together on the sofa in his living room.

“I didn’t say anything about not liking wine. I was just commenting about how you became so excited out of the blue when I spoke about wine.” I giggled.

Placing an arm around my shoulders casually, Kyuhyun pulled me close to him as he smelled my hair. I rested my head on his chest as I snuggled close to him as well.

“What do you think our parents will say when they know about us?” I asked.

“My mother adores you already.” Kyuhyun blurted out. “She likes artistic people.”

“Oh? Is it?” I looked up at Kyuhyun as he looked back down to me. “I like your mother too.” I smiled as I pecked his wine-ridden lips.

“Mmmm. You taste like wine.” I .

“Do I?” He teased back as he pecked my lips. “You taste like wine too.” He grinned widely.

After a few glasses of wine, we just laid in each arms as we soaked up the atmosphere of being together.

“You can stay the night since you can’t drive back in this state.” Kyuhyun said as he rubbed my shoulders.

“I can get a cab home though” I suggested.

“But I want you to stay the night.” He whined and pouted as he wrapped me in his arms.

“You do know the facial expression of the whine does not help.” I said as kissed his cheek.

“It worked! You kissed me!” He exclaimed.

“Gosh, Kyuhyun! Fine, I’ll stay the night. No funny actions.” I eyed him.

“What do you take me for?” He laughed.

“Just protecting myself. That’s all.” I said as I got up from the sofa to clear the glasses and the empty bottle of wine.

 

“Here, you can wear my t-shirt.” Kyuhyun said as he passed me his clothing.

“Thank you.” I said shyly as I went to the bathroom to change.

When I came out, Kyuhyun had a mattress unfolded on the floor while he took extra blankets and pillows from his wardrobe.

“You can have the bed.” He said as he sat on the mattress on the floor. I shook my head.

“I’m the guest. I can sleep on the floor. You can take the bed.” I insisted.

“You are the guest. Therefore you take the bed. I won’t allow my guest to sleep on the floor.” Kyuhyun was stubborn as well.

But I was more stubborn. I quickly took the blanket and pillow and sat on the mattress as well, making myself comfortable.

“You can’t do that.” He pouted.

“Oh yes, I can!” I said as I kicked my feet under the blanket and snuggle onto the pillow.

“I’ll carry you onto the bed.” Kyuhyun commanded as he scooped me up in his arms. “Hey! Let me down!” I squirmed.

As he plopped me onto the bed, “There.”

Without thinking, I pulled Kyuhyun down next to me. “Then you shall sleep next to me.” I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

“Such an eager girlfriend.” He muttered under his breath.

“Whaaaat?” I said innocently.

Kyuhyun smiled as he too hugged me in his arms. “I’m so glad we cleared up that understanding. And I’m so happy to meet you after so many years again.” He said as he my hair.

I nodded in the crook of his neck. “You said that so many times already.”

“I just can’t believe it. I mean, who would have known? We lost contact with each other for about twenty years and we met out of the blue at a corner of a street.” Kyuhyun said as he cupped my cheek in his palm, kissing my nose.

“I’m sorry for making you hate art lessons all these years.” I said as I placed my hand on his chest, above his heart.

“It’s alright. I don’t have your standard of talent, nothing was wasted.” He said, shaking his head.

“No. Your pencil shading is really goooooood! Speaking of which, I want to see the sketch you did previously!” I said as I sat up, wanting to go round his room to find the piece of sketch.

Kyuhyun immediately pulled me down, back into his arms. “I-I gave t-the sketch to s-someone a-already!” He stuttered.

He wasn’t sketching me? Hmmmm. Oh well, I must admit I was a little disappointed but Kyuhyun didn’t say anything about sketching me from the beginning so I shouldn’t expect anything from him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Missed me? Hahah, I'm back from Thailand! Gosh, I bought so many items, my luggage almost exploded! Hahah. Here's an update!

Enjoy & commmmmmmment!

(Gosh, he looks so good with the glasses.)

Xoxo