Worsened.

Across The Canvas.

 

Rae Young has been acting weirdly ever since the day I asked about her red eyes. Was something going on that I didn’t know of?

After that day, I became super busy and hardly had time for her. I felt so bad for neglecting her. I would come back home really late into the night or I come home at dawn. Preparing for the new album is so hectic. I had to do recordings and music video filming and I had to do photo shoots and rush from venue to venue. It was crazy.

On days where I come home early, we would have dinner together and watch television in the living room, I know she is an understanding woman who admires my work a lot so I’m thankful she didn’t get angry with me for being busy.

On the weekends, as usual we will still go to the beach together. She would paint while I did my morning exercise. However, recently, she didn’t do much painting. Previously, she could hand in three to five paintings to the art gallery. This recent month, she only gave two to the art gallery.

Painting is everything to Rae Young, other than me of course. She loves to paint more than anything in the world. Why would she give only two paintings?

“Kyuhyun, don’t you need to go visit your good friend today?” My manager came into the recording room.

“Oh? Ji Ra? Yeah, I’ll be going down to her clinic in a while.” I said as I started to pack my things.

Ji Ra and I have a very interesting friendship. We were best friends in university; she was a medical student while I was in the music department. We even tried dating but it didn’t work out, obviously. It was too awkward for the both of us so we decided to just remain as good friends. She is my family doctor for a few years now ever since she got her doctor’s license. Sometimes, when I too stressed with everything, she would prescribed some pills for me to calm my nerves and that is what I exactly need now.

 

“Ji Ra!” I called as I entered her office.

“Whoa! Whoa! Just because you are superstar, that doesn’t mean you can just crashed into someone else’s office, you know? Mr Cho Kyuhyun!” She screamed as she quickly gathered the files on her table and placing them neatly on the side tray.

I slumped onto the chair in front of her. “And you call yourself my good friend. You should welcome me anytime!” I debated as I sighed into the seat.

“What can I do for you this time, Mr Cho?” She asked, as she quickly brushed her short pixie hair.

“A new album is coming out soon.” I said as I shut my eyes.

“Oh, anti stress pills time? I get it. Will issue you a week’s dosage as usual.” She said as she started scribbling on a post-it.

“You know me well.” I said, opening my eyes.

“Because I am your good friend. “ Ji Ra said as she gave me the post-it. “Pass this to the receptionist later on.”

I took it and was about to leave when I spotted something.

I pointed to the top file in her side tray. “L-Lee Rae Young? Rae came?”

Ji Ra quickly looked to where I was pointing to as she took the file before I could reach for it.

“It’s not your Lee Rae Young. She’s another patient with the same name.” She said.

“Oh? Alright then. Anyway, Rae doesn’t have any reason to come here either. Thanks Ji Ra! I’ll send my new album a week before it’s out to you!” I said as I left her office.

 

Park Ji Ra’s POV

 

That was so close. Kyuhyun might have seen Rae Young’s file if I didn’t take it fast enough. Oh my goodness.

Judging from whatever he just said, it seems like Rae Young really didn’t tell him what has happened. What am I going to do about this two? This will surely affect their relationship and I can’t afford for that to happen.

I’m her doctor but I’m their friend as well. What should I do? If I tell him, I’ll be going against the ethics and law of my duty as a doctor and I will lose the trust of Rae Young. But if I don’t tell Kyuhyun, he’ll get angry and I’ll lose his trust.

Why did I agree to be his family doctor in the first place? Oh right, because we are good friends.

This is going to be so complicated. I hope Rae Young tells him soon.

Since the day we found out about her eye cancer, I have been giving her anti cancer pills because she refuses to come down for other treatment.

Her willpower seemed to have dropped, like she doesn’t see a point in accepting treatment. I’ve been trying my best to encourage and force her to come for chemotherapy but she doesn’t want to budge. She is afraid that Kyuhyun might notice if she comes for chemotherapy.

Maybe I should just have let Kyuhyun see the file by accident. Maybe that could have solved the problem easily.

What am I going to do now?

 

Lee Rae Young’s POV

 

Kyuhyun is getting ready for his new album which is a good distraction since he isn’t home most of the time. He is so tired when he gets home so he doesn’t notice anything that is weird. I really hope he does well in this album as usual; he’s been so stressed lately.

Ji Ra says my condition has stabilized for the moment but she doesn’t know when the cancer cells will become active again. I had to hide my pills and change them into a different bottle just so Kyuhyun won’t get suspicious over anything.

I see no sign of improvement to my condition; it’s just a dead end. It’s cancer. What other choices do I have?

Kim Mi sat down in shock next to me after I told her my condition before bursting into buckets of tears. “What? No! This can’t be happening! You can’t have that! No!” She cried.

“Kim Mi. I have already accepted it.” I sighed as I drank my cup of peppermint tea.

“Well, I havent’!” She shouted back before hugging me tightly. “Why? Why is God so unfair? You and Kyuhyun just got married this year!” She sobbed even badly.

When I think about my condition, I didn’t think of it that bad until my mind struck the thought of Kyuhyun. I wasn’t a single person anymore. I had a husband. A lovely , wonderful and loving husband that take cares of me greatly, who loves me for who I am and gives me the best things in life. I shouldn’t be selfish. I should tell him. But then my heart won’t budge. If I love him, I should let him go, isn’t it all like that in the movies?

If I were to hold onto him with my condition, I would become selfish and loving someone shouldn’t be a selfish thing isn’t it?

Even though my condition is stable right now, I shouldn’t take for granted that it will stay stable forever. I should do something about Kyuhyun and I, and I know the perfect excuse for it.

“Lee Rae Young! I’m telling you, don’t think about anything right now. Don’t you dare think of leaving Kyuhyun. You must tell him the truth.” Kim Mi snapped.

“H-How did you…?” I stared back at her in disbelief.

“I’m your best friend. How can I not know what you are thinking? You are going to tell him.” She was furious.

I shook my head. “No. I’m not going to do that.” I said as I took my bag.

“Where are you going?!” She screamed.

I turned back, “Sorry Kim Mi, I’m going to find someone.” I said as I quickly left the apartment.

 

“Ji Ra, I..”

“Your condition has worsened. Look at yourself! Look at Kyuhyun! What do you think you are doing to your marriage?!” She yelled.

My eyes widened. Worsened? My condition has worsened? This is a sign, a sign for me to leave Kyuhyun. I have to do it.

“Please don’t tell anything to Kyuhyun and if he comes looking for you, shrug him off or something.” I said as I got up from the chair.

“What are you going to do, Rae Young? Kyuhyun is my good friend, I won’t let him be hurt.” She insisted.

“I’m going to leave him.” I said.

Ji Ra stood up immediately. “Is this the best you can think of? Kyuhyun can’t live a day without you. He loves you so much. You can’t do that to him.”

“He can. He got you. You can help him. Help him to forget about me.” I forced my tears in, I can’t cry at a time like this.

“No. I’m just his friend. You are everything to him. Lee Rae Young, don’t do it. Don’t leave him. He’ll be broken without you. I swear.” Ji Ra stated.

“Ji Ra, it’s not that I want to leave him-…”

“Then don’t!”

“I’ve got no choice!”

“You have a choice just that you are not thinking straight!”

“Ji Ra, I don’t want to argue with you. It’s not your fault. I don’t want to raise my voice at you. Just help me keep this a secret. Please. I beg you.” I said as I quickly took my bag and left the clinic. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Not bad, most of you know what is going to happen next. Heh. Here's another update!

Anyway, Super Show 5 World Tour have already started and you guys should know which gif I'm gonna put for this chapter, right? Ain't that y?! Kyuhyun had such an intimate dance scene with the back-up dancer! Whoot whoot! *Jealous*

  

Xoxo.