Glass Bottle.

Across The Canvas.

 

“I want you to sign the papers now.” I said with a frown.

“No, how many times must I tell you? I won’t sign any papers! Lee Rae Young, you are mine forever remember?” Kyuhyun said.

Kyuhyun, please stop treating me so nice. Please stop saying such things that will make me weak. That will make me succumb to your words and to you.

With that, he took the divorce paper and tore them into two. Again.

“You can’t just keep on doing that! It’s the fifth time!” I shouted back at him.

“I’ll keep on doing that until you tell me the real reason for this.” He said.

“I-I told you the reason already! Our l-love has changed! I no longer love you! I don’t want to see you again!” The moments the words rang out in the living room, I gasped, bringing my hand to my mouth.

What did I just say? I quickly took my bag and left the house as fast as possible, flagging a taxi the moment I reached the main road.

I was on my way to Ji Ra’s clinic. I needed to see her.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

 

I stood in the living room, stunned by what Rae Young just screamed at me.

She didn’t love me anymore? That is impossible. I huffed as I saw the torn divorce papers on the floor. It’s already the fifth time she gave me the set of divorce papers.

Just then my phone rang, it was from my manager. “Hello?” I said.

“Kyuhyun? Remember you had this label mate who was super competitive? The one that you defeated to become our company’s top selling star?”

“Yeah? Why are you talking about him all of a sudden?”

“He has gone crazy! He is looking for you everywhere! Be careful!”

I wasn’t thinking straight as my manager was talking to me, I had other things in my mind. “Got it.” And I hung up.

I need to see Ji Ra. She is my only hope left.

 

I parked the car in the fastest speed before running into Ji Ra’s clinic. She was talking to a patient in one of the rooms; the door seemed to be open.

 

“Rae Young, you can’t possibly hide this from Kyuhyun forever! He has to know!”

Rae Young? Kyuhyun? I looked towards the patient, it was Rae Young indeed! What was she doing here? I knew if I came to Ji Ra, I would find out something, what is she hiding from me?

“Ji Ra, please I beg you, don’t tell him.” Rae Young pleaded.

“Rae Young, eye cancer isn’t something small. It will affect your vision in future!”

E-Eye c-cancer? Rae Young has eye cancer? Was this the reason why she wanted to leave me? To divorce me? Because of some illness she has?

Furious, I pushed the door with a bang.

“Kyuhyun?!”

“K-Kyu?”

Both ladies were shocked. I nodded to Ji Ra before taking Rae Young’s hand and dragging her out of the clinic.

“Kyu! Let go of me! I said let go!” Rae Young screeched.

“No.” I commanded, dragging her out to the alley by the corner. Pushing Rae Young against the wall, I placed both hands on either side of the wall around her face.

“Eye cancer? This was the real reason you wanted to divorce me? Lee Rae Young!” I shouted at her.

She swallowed a gulp. “K-Kyu, I-I..Didn’t mean to hide it from y-you. I-I just-…”

“You lied to me. Does Kim Mi know about this too? Everybody else knew about this? Except me? Except your husband?!”

I was filled with so much anger; Rae Young didn’t trust me enough to tell the truth to me!

“K-Kyu, I had my reasons for not telling it to you.” She said as she lowered her head.

“I can’t believe you. Everybody else knew about your condition while I was kept in the dark?! I should be the first one to know! I am your husband, Lee Rae Young! How can you not tell me about your problems? How can you do that? Keeping such things to yourself?! Do you even know what you are doing? Divorce? You want to divorce me over this?” I yelled at her, unable to control my frustrations.

“I am only going to be a burden to you! I don’t want to be that kind of person. You’ll be happier without such a burden.” Rae Young confessed.

“Burden? We are a married couple! Not some young teenage love, we are supposed to support each other! Remember what you said in the church? In sickness and in health? This is the time for you to be a burden to me! Can’t you trust me?” I started to sob.

Rae Young didn’t say anything, she just burst into tears.

“You send me five sets of divorce papers. I tore each and every single one of them. But you said you are going to continue to send me those papers, right?” I asked harshly.

She nodded her hesitantly.

“Fine, I’ll grant you your wish. I’ll sign the papers. Now I want the divorce. Because my wife is unable to trust me in difficult moments. I will sign the papers. See you at my lawyer’s office tomorrow morning.” I said bitterly.

Rae Young immediately looked up with her red, swollen, teary eyes. “Y-You will s-sign it?” She repeated my statement.

“Yes I will sign it. This time, I won’t tear the papers into two. I will sign  it since this is what you want. I will give you what you want!”

Tears were streaming down Rae Young’s face, suddenly her eyes grew wide.

“KYU! BE CAREFUL!” She cried as she held onto my arms and switched our positions, backing me up against the wall instead as the sound of glass breaking was heard, a loud yelp was echoed into the atmosphere, it took me a second to realize that scream was Rae Young’s and her hand was gripping onto mine very tightly.

“CHO KYUHYUN! YOU MADE ME INTO SUCH A PERSON!” My eyes widened, it was the label mate that my manager talked about just now. I looked to his hand as he flung a broken glass bottle on the floor before running off.

Rae Young’s body fell limped onto me as she collapsed.

“R-Rae?” I called out, hugging her body close to me. The crazy label mate had smashed a broken glass bottle onto Rae Young’s head and she is bleeding profusely, the blood oozing out.

“Rae! Lee Rae Young!” I called.

“K-Kyu!” She said weakly. Her hands shaking as she caressed my cheek.

“Somebody call the ambulance!” I shouted to a few passer-by who came running to the scene, whipping out their mobile phones to call for help.

“Rae, you’ll be fine, okay. You’ll be fine.” I soothed.

“Kyu, I-I’m s-sorry.” Her face turning pale.

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault. I understand, Rae.” I sobbed.

Rae Young shield me from an attack. She sacrificed herself to be hit by a sharp broken glass bottle on the head for me. What am I doing?

She rubbed my face, “I-I need to remember t-this face, this b-beautiful f-face.”

“Rae! You’ll be fine. Trust me! QUICK! CALL THE AMBULANCE!”

 

Kim Mi’s POV

 

I rushed directly to hospital. Rae Young, you have to alright.

The moment I reached the emergency ward, I saw Kyuhyun sitting there, his face in his hands. He was crying.

“What happened?” I demanded.

He looked up, eyes red from the crying. “S-She protected me from an attack; she got hit by a broken glass bottle on the head. She’s losing a lot of blood.”

I slumped against the wall. “On the head?”

“Yeah, she was bleeding rather badly.” Kyuhyun said as he tighten his knuckles until they were white.

Ji Ra came running down the hallway. “Is Rae Young alright?!”

“She got hit by a glass bottle on the head to protect Kyuhyun.” I said, hating the fact that I had to repeat that cruel and terrible news.

“On the head?!?!” Ji Ra yelled.

Kyuhyun and I looked at her.

“Cho Kyuhyun, if things don’t turn out well, Rae Young might lose her vision.” JI Ra said, looking back and forth between Kyuhyun and myself.

He stood up immediately, “How is that possible? Losing her vision?”

“Her eye condition was worsening remember? And now a hit on the head, if a blood clot forms, Rae Young will lose her vision!”

“One of you, punch me. Hit me, slap me, and scold me. I don’t deserve her. I didn’t even notice she was ill. I was so stupid.” Kyuhyun said as he slumped back onto the chair as he began to cry again. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

The part that I've been waiting to write! Ain't it exciting? In Super Show 5, the VCR that had Kyu in it, he sacrificed himself for his love. Awwwwww. 

Heheheheh. Commmmmmmmment!

   

 

 

 

 

 

Xoxo.