Rising to the Top

Boys Over Media

*Top's POV*

I looked around at everyone's faces as YG let go of Jinju. The faces of the Heartbeat girls were grave and sad. Especially, Miho. She looked like something had just stabbed her in the heart. I felt bad for all of them, it was obvious they were all as close as sisters. My bandmates looked more confused than hurt and their faces flashed over to the girls that they had become close to. I sighed and leaned back against the wall of the office. Each person in here was risking their career. It was obvious that Miho and Jiyong had become close. Taeyang and Kiyomi were connected. Seungri and Evelyn were getting closer. Daesung and Sohee were obviously getting close too. In a way, they were all risking everything and I could see in Miho's eyes that she knew that, being the leader, she should know when it's time to back away. Jiyong should know that too.

My eyes fell on the young girl Jinju. I was surprised that she didn't even try to convince YG into keeping her there. Poor thing, I thought. YG continued with saying that Jinju should get help and such. She glared at him one last time before she ran out of the room. We all watched as she left the room. "Jinju ya!" Miho was the one that called after her, looking like she was about to break down. When Jinju didn't come back, Miho just stood there staring at office door. I yawned. I wasn't use to being woken up for drama like this. Sure, I felt bad for Jinju and the rest of the group, I knew what it was like to lose a band member, but my sleep is what kept me in a good mood. 

Miho ran out of the office and I could see the faces of the Heartbeat girls fall. Sohee and Evelyn called out for her, but she didn't come back. I could tell Jiyong was trying his hardest not to run after her. We all looked back at an exhausted YG president. He fixed his LA hat and the rest of my band members, including the Heartbeat girls ran up to his desk asking him to reconsider. I took the backseat in this little soap opera and listened to their pleas. "Please. We need Jinju in Heartbeat." Kiyomi begged.

"I'm sorry girls, but we can't have Jinju in that condition. Especially, at her age. It's...not good for her...even us." He murmured the last words. I huffed quietly. YG was all about publicity wasn't he? I saw Jiyong's face change as he looked at YG in amazement. We all turned our attention on him as he yelled at YG in shame and anger. No one, not even I, have ever seen our leader that upset. I could tell the girls were surprised as well. I listened as they all argued and begged. Another yawn escaped my mouth, this really needed to end soon. So, I decided to in. 

"C'mon YG. They haven't even had their debut yet, it's only five weeks. Let them fix their mistakes; Jinju can go to the doctor for regular check ups and her health can be up in no time. It's not like they're auditioning to be in a band. They ARE in the band. You can't lose another singer to another company, remember." I could feel everyone's eyes on me. What was their problem? Maybe it was because I hadn't talked much during the whole argument. YG gave me a gentle look. After a while, he finally let Jinju back in. I was officially awesome. 

We separated into groups to look for Miho. This girl was really good at hiding. Jiyong ran off to go look on the roof and I tip-toed away from Taeyang to go back to the apartment and sleep. As I was walking down the hall to go to the elevator, I passed Heartbeat's apartment and heard someone crying quite loudly from the inside. It was probably Jinju. 

I knocked on the door and quietly walked into the apartment. Jinju was sitting on the living room couch crying. She looked up at me with glassy eyes and tears streaming down her face. I stood there looking at her; I wasn't really sure what to do. I was never really good with comforting people.

"Ah...Jinju ya. It's okay." I sat down next to her and pulled her into a hug. She cried into my chest for the longest time and I rubbed her back. "Jinju...you're back in Heartbeat." I said after she stopped crying. "I-I am?" She stuttered out and sniffled. "Yeah. We got you back in." I said with a small smile.

"T-Thanks." She said.

"Yeah, no problem. Um...I don't think you should tell anyone about me telling you. I wasn't suppose to be here. I was actually suppose to be finding Miho. She disappeared."

"Miho? She's gone?"

"Yeah but don't worry about it. I think Jiyong will find her." She smiled a little at that.

"Miho likes Jiyong. I can tell. Friends can tell those things easily. It's not hard to miss if you look into her eyes. She's like a big sister I never had. Actually they all are. I love all of them so much. I never meant to hurt them. Kiyomi, Evi, Sohee, Miho. They all tried to take good care of me. Sohee was so motherly too. I loved that about her. I always felt stronger around all of them. I hope they won't hate me, even though I am back in the group." A sigh escaped her lips.

"Jinju...they won't hate you for this. I know they all love you so much. You don't need to starve yourself to look good. You're already skinny and very pretty. Don't take that the wrong way okay? It's just that you don't need to change yourself for other people. They'll love you for you and if they don't, well then, that's their loss." I said and comfort seemed to wash over her.

"Thanks Top. sunbae." She smiled a little and I smiled back. 

"No problem. Just remember, don't tell anyone that I was here. I need to go back and find Taeyang."

*Later* 

"We found her. She was on the roof." Daesung said proudly. I smirked and clapped sarcastically. "Okay you know technically GD found her, but whatever makes you happy... So can I please go back to bed. I swear I'm gonna collapse from exhaustion." Taeyang nodded at me, an amused look in his eyes. "Yeah sure just try not to make flowers wilt on your way there." I gave Taeyang my best death glare before I walked away.

I couldn't stop thinking about Jinju when I was walking back to our apartment. Her smile, the way she felt when I hugged her. What was happening to me? I really needed some sleep.

A/N: Yup there is Top's own personal chapter. We thought he needed one. Anyway please review and subscribe!