Secrets

Boys Over Media

*Miho's POV*

"It was your fault?" His eyes widened in surprised. I sighed and turned away from him. I couldn't believe what I had just said. I basically just released my darkest secret to some guy that I had only known for a couple days.

He's not just some guy

I looked out at the city for a moment. The roof actually had a nice view. I knew he was waiting for an answer. I bit my lip and held back the tears that were threatening to fall. A shaky breath escaped my lips as I found the words to say.

"I haven't been a YG trainee since I was teenager like you. I..." I paused as I looked for the right words. I felt his hand touch my forearm. I couldn't look at him, so I just looked down in shame. "I was sixteen. It was a rainy night and I was picking up my little brother from a birthday party with his friends. I was texting while I was driving and a Taxi driver hit my parents' car," I sighed and continued "he was tossed out of the car. I was the one that called the ambulance. I was the one that kneeled next to him on the street, promising him that I would never ever let anyone I love get hurt ever again. I promised him that he would be okay. He died in my arms that night. He was only six years old. It was my entire fault that happened. If I hadn't been texting then he would be here."

"After the accident, my parent's kicked me out of the house and disowned me. They hated me and wished I would die. Honestly, I didn't blame them. I wanted to die. I hated myself for what had happened. So I lived on the streets. I was starving myself, hoping I would die soon. Then Kong Ho Yup found me. He took me in even though I didn't want his help. He found out I could dance and sing, so he sent me to YG. And now I'm here. That's why I'm always so protective of my friends. That's why I feel so bad about Jinju. I could have helped her. I should have. " Tears were streaming down my face the whole time I was talking and Jiyong pulled me into a tight hug. I flinched. I didn't expect him to hug me. I expected him to hate me like my parent's did. The only person who didn't hate me for it was Kong Ho Yup. I didn't even tell HeartBeat about it.

They would hate me if they knew...

"You can't tell anyone...you can't. They'll hate me forever." I looked up at him, wiping my eyes. I was pretty sure that my make-up was everywhere on my face.

"No they won't Miho ya. It wasn't your fault. You can't blame yourself for that."

"Yes I can...just don't tell anyone. Not even HeartBeat or BigBang. No one can know."

He looked at me for a long moment then sighed. "Okay Miho. I promise." He said.

"Thank you." I said. I couldn't believe that I had actually told him about the accident. It felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. My eyes met his again and a warm feeling was building in my stomach.

I thought you weren't going to let yourself feel this way Miho? You know what could happen. He's already too close. He knows too much. He's amazing and wonderful. He's everything a girl could want. This has already gone to far. Wait. What is he doing?

When I finally got out of my thoughts, it was too late. His hand gently cupped my cheek and he was leaning in. 

Stop him Miho...Stop him! God dammit! STOP HIM!

His face was an inch from mine...

 

 

.....and I turned away from him.

"Miho?"

"I'm sorry." And with that I ran away from him. I was crying the whole time I ran down the stairs to my floor. I entered the living room with mascara running down my cheeks from the tears I had cried. All of Heartbeat was there. Even Jinju. I sniffled and I could feel my face flush. I was embarrassed to look so weak and un-leader like. 

"Jinju can stay. YG will talk with us in the morning." They told me simply. Relief shot through my body like an electric bolt. I nodded quietly and gave Jinju a hug before retreating to the comfort of my room. I knew I was acting different. I was never this quiet, but I hoped they would just think it was because of the events that happened with Jinju. 

I sighed and got into bed. I covered myself with the sheets and sobbed my heart out. The events of reliving the story of my brother's death and running away from Jiyong were taking a toll on me. I was crying so hard that I didn't even hear Kiyomi enter the room.

"Unnie ya?" She sat at the edge of my bed and I sniffled.

"Why are you still crying? Jinju is still in Heartbeat." She said my hair comfortingly. 

"I...I feel really sick. I have really bad cramps. They hurt so much unnie." I lied. I couldn't tell her the real reason. 

"Oh...I'm sorry. Do you need anything? It's not normal for cramps to hurt so much. I could go to the store and get some pills." She said worriedly.

"No, no unnie. It's fine. I can deal with it. Thank you though. You should get some sleep." I said.

"Hmm...okay then. You should get some sleep too. If you can. Just say the word and I'll get you something."

"Thanks unnie." I sniffled and she got into bed. I waited until I knew she was in a deep sleep and started crying softly again. 

 

*Jiyong's POV*

I watched as she ran away from me and felt a piece of me break. I didn't know why I was feeling the way I was. I didn't even know why I tried to kiss her. When she told me about her brother, she looked so broken and hurt. I wanted to fix that, but I just made things worse.

"Crap..." I said raking a hand through my hair. I sat on the roof for a little while, debating what I should do. I knew she probably needed space, so I decided to go back to BigBang's apartment. They were all waiting for me in the living room and I could tell they noticed my tense expression. 

"Jiyong ya. How's Miho?"

"She's...um..." I raked another hand through my hair and looked at them. "What's wrong?" Taeyang asked. He was always the one to notice if their was something up with me. 

"I...uh...look she's fine. At least, she'll be fine. I think." I said. They all arched their eyebrows at me. I knew my answer wasn't good enough, but what else was I suppose to say? I felt completely brain dead. I couldn't lie to them either. These were my brothers. 

"Uh....."