Moving

Do you remember me, Daddy?

Daehyun's father just left without a trace. You ruffled your hair and went into the house. You startled yourself when you saw your mother and Dayoung on the coach. Your mother turned around and gave you a signal with her finger towards her lips to tell you to keep quiet.

You nodded and tiptoed towards her.

"What's wrong?" you whispered to her.

"I gave you so many calls but it seems like your phone is off. Dayoung has a really high fever right now! She's resting right now"

You gaped and caress Dayoung's hair, "Aw.. omma is so sorry" you pouted as you wiped the warm towel on Dayoung's forehead. 

You set Dayoung to bed while you sat next to her. You glanced at her desk and caught a drawing. You picked it up and examined the whole picture.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/facepalmz1/d_zps62998151.png

You suddenly remembered when you went to visit their school for a parent-teacher meeting and overheard Dayoung talking with the teacher.

[Flashback]

"Wow~ That's nice, but why doesn't the dad in the blue have a face?" the art teacher asked.

"Well.." Dayoung didn't have a great expression on.

"Well?" the teacher glanced at Dayoung.

"Well.. I've never seen my father's face ever since I was born" Dayoung weakly smiled.

"Oh.." the teacher felt uncomfortable now. She smiled and pat Dayoung, "It's alright, maybe one day there'll be miracle and you'll meet him one day"

Dayoung nodded, "I really hope so too, teacher"

[end of flashback]

You walked back to the livingroom where your mom was still on the couch. She saw you with an anxious face. You paced towards her and she held your hands, "Yunji-ah.."

"Yes?" you tilted your head.

"Should we move?"

"...why?" your heart pounded.

"I got tickets for America tomorrow.. I didn't want to tell you this but the doctor told me you still need treatments in a better hospital and maybe.." she paused hesitating. "Maybe, we should just move to America. After your treatments, we could just live there with a fresh new start"

You gulped and pulled your hands away from your mother, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

"I-I..."

You interrupted her, "Tomorrow you said?"

She nodded slowly, "Yes.."

You ruffled your hair, "ughh"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, perfect timing then. We should pack up then" you ran to your bedroom.

You went to pack up your things since your mom already packed Dayoung and Yoogeun's. You plopped yourself into bed and look up the ceiling.

"I was born to have no luck" you sighed and shutted your eyes and fell asleep.

Your eyes shoot open and it was only 2:45 a.m.

"Ugh, why am I so early..?" you groaned and closed your eyes. You couldn't fall asleep for some reason so you went to put on a jogging outfit and get some fresh air outside.

You received a text message from Minki to meet him somewhere around the park near your neighborhood.

"During this hour too" you sighed and jogged down the park and saw a familiar back view, Minki.

You tiptoed to him and pushed him off the bench. He fell of the bench bumping down the ground.

"Ugh, what the f-" he paused from cussing after noticing that it was me.

You gave him a grin and he gave you a grin back, specifically means, "You'll pay for this"

"So, why do you want to meet me at this hour?" you asked sitting next to him.

He played around with his fingers, "So tomorrow is Daehyun's wedding huh?"

You nodded, "Yep.."

He smiled, "Have you ever wondered why I asked you to date me for a while?"

You shrugged, "Hm, I don't know. Probably trying to make someone jealous" you snickered.

He nodded, "Well.. not exactly turning someone jealous.." 

"Then what is it?" you asked filled with curiosity already.

"Yuna. It's Yuna that I liked.." he finally speaked up.

You gaped in surprise, "Oh my god that bi--" you paused remembering you shouldn't be saying that to someone's crush.

"Oh my god, Yuna?" you choked. "B-but, you didn't even seem to like her"

He shooked his head, "That's because she's only around Daehyun.. so I guess making you do this with me, we could you know.. change that feelings"

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Don't you like Daehyun, at all?" he asked.

You shooked your head, "No.. I mean as a friend yes, but if you put it that way then.."

"Be honest" he's still looking for an answer.

"I'm serious!" you avoid his gaze.

:" I don't trust you"

"Nope" you still deny.

"I know you do" he flashed a sly smirk as you shivered.

"Hey.." you changed the topic. "I have something to tell you.."

"What is it?" Minki patiently waited.

"I think this will be the last time we'll meet" you rubbed your neck.

His expression gloomed, "W-what do you mean?"

"I'm going to America.. tomorrow"

"Huh? America? You're joking are you" he nudged your arms.

"I wish I was.." your tone lowered.

Minki bit his lips, "So you can't go to Daehyun's wedding tomorrow?" he mentioned.

You shooked your head, "Probably not. I'll probably stop by without them knowing. Maybe we could say our goodbye once last time there.."

He frowned and flickered your forehead, "You better come and visit us again"

You chuckled, "I will.. I will"

Minki and you had a chat for a little bit more and you walked back home since it's already.

You found a dead-founded guy sitting on the road and he did seem familiar.

You got closer and closer to him.

"Daehyun-ah..?" you tilted your head.

He looked up and backed up a bit, "Oh.. Yunji, it's you" he stood up.

You bit your lips, "What are you doing here?"

He smiled, "Nothing, you know, getting some fresh air"

You nodded knowing he's lying because he's probably thinking about his father all day.

It was such an awkward atmosphere at the moment so you leaned against the wall with him. He eyed you and went you looked back, he would avoid your gaze.

You smiled, "Congratulation by the way"

"For what?" he's pretending to be clueless.

"Your marriage!"

"Ah.. thanks.." he rubbed his neck.

"I should get going now should I?" you started pacing on the roads until you felt a grip on your wrist. You turned around glancing at Daehyun's desolated expression.

"Can't you just stay here with me.. for just an hour?"

Little by little, your heart skipped a beat.