Chapter 31

Do you remember me, Daddy?

You flickered a smile after the song was over. You can hear a pandemonium of applause. You bowed and so did Daehyun.

Both of you ran of the stage as the next contestant went on. Minki and his other crews gave you an endless applaud.

"Damn, you guys really look like a couple up there!" Minki winked.

You pinched his elbow, but it didn't help. They all started teasing you guys.

"What couple?" a familiar feminine voice remarked.

"Huh? Oh.. nothing!" Minki muted himself after Yuna appeared.

Oh my.. Yuna? Did Daehyun actually really remembered everything?

"Oh hey Yuna" the crews was all uncomfortable now.

"What's up everyone? Your moods are suddenly down after I came. This makes me feel like I intruded this place" she pouted.

"Oh! Of course not!" Minki lead her to an empty seat next to Daehyun.

You also felt a bit uncomfortable since they're both having a wedding tomorrow and you being called a couple with Daehyun felt like someone who's disturbing their relationship.

You grabbed a drink without noticing what beverages is inside and just gulped it all down.

"Yah Yunji, that's .. alcohol.." Minki pointed at the cup. You glanced at the cup and shrugged, "It's a club so I guess I'll just drink a few.."

"Oh really? Shall I pour you some more?" Minki held a huge glass of wine.

You held your cup out and let MInki filled the cup to the top. You gulped it all at once as everyone was just looking at you. Amazed.

"Wae? You guys should drink, too!" you smiled, you poured more wine into your cup.

"Wow, Yunji, you're amazing!" Minki winked. You nodded, "Aren't I?"

Minki and the crews drank with you cheering with each other. Yuna was just laughing at how drunk we were. Daehyun was just staring at you, intensely.

A while after, everyone already passed out from drinking. Some of them left and it was just left with Minki, Daehyun, Yuna and you

"Yah, Yunji, are you able to go home?" Minki asked.

You nodded, "I'm fine" you tried to get up but end up dropping back to the couch.

Daehyun reached for your wrist just in time, you looked at him but your sight was a bit blurry.

Yuna gaped with her jealousy. Minki grabbed Yuna, "You can go home yourself. I'll get you a taxi"

"W-w-what?!" Minki dragged Yuna out of the club before us.

"Why did you drink so much.." Daehyun sighed and carried you to his back (piggyback ride! :D)

We kept silence during the whole walk. It was so dark already but a few street lights so it's not that dangerous yet.

"Sorry.." you suddenly apologized out of no where.

"Sorry?" he tilted his head. You nodded, "For not telling you everything"

Daehyun smiled, "I'm grateful you didn't even tell.. I must have been living in a horrible place"

"So.. you remembered everything..?" you smacked his shoulder for not telling you.

"W-well.. not everything" he shuttered.

"Oh.." the conversation got more awkward.

Daehyun paused, you raised your head up to see what happened. A man in a black suit.

"Daehyun..?" his eyes look pitiful. Daehyun looked back (to you) and passed by the man.

"Wait a minute!" the man called out. Daehyun paused again, he didn't bother looking back though.

He was about to take a step but you told him off, "Go answer him"

There was a long pause. "Go to him before you regret it.."

"I don't want to talk to that... bastard" his cold words crashed you.

"Mianhae.. Daehyun" the man dropped down his knee.

Daehyun turned around and bit his lip, "Don't do this. Get up now!" 

Daehyun rapidly rushed away with you on his back. Sooner or later, the view of the man disappeared. You turned back around, "Why did you do that?"

He didn't answer you. So you kept quiet, but all of a sudden, you couldn't take it anymore.

You dropped off his back but lost a bit of your balance.

"Where are you going?" he tried to pull you back by your wrist but missed.

"To find that bastard of yours" you dashed back to where the man was. He was still on the ground, isolated.

You pressed your lips together and walked towards him, "Sir"

He slowly raised his head up and slowly got up, "Are you the one he was carrying?"

You nodded, "I'm sorry if I broke your son's back" you rubbed your neck.

He weakly smiled, "You're probably wondering why he hates me so much"

You shooked your head, "What do you mean hate?"

He looked at you, "Well.. when he was young..I left him and his mother alone and went to live with someone else. I must have been stupid that time.. but I couldn't do anything. I made that woman pregnant..but I was so drunk that time and.. everyone must hate me.."

Pregnant.. repeated through your head a thousand times. You patted his shoulder, "I don't think he hates you at all!"

"What do you mean? Didn't you see how he just walked away?"

You nodded, "Everyone is like that. He's just not ready to meet eye-to-eye with you yet. He'll understands why you left them for a reason. Since he---" you paused before continuing.

"because?" he raised one of his eyebrow.

I shooked my head, "Nevermind about that" you slighted a laugh.

He smiled, "Thanks.. can you pass this message to him? That .. I'm really sorry..?"

You shooked your head, "Ani.."

His eyes widen, "Why not?"

You smiled, "Do you think that way, he'll forgive you? Follow me"

As you walked, your view got a little blurry again. Ugh, why did I drink so much..

But Daehyun's father held your arms, "I'll help you"

You smiled, "Thanks.."

Both of you reached in front of your house where Daehyun is standing in front of the gate. He turned your direction and gaped.

He avoided his father's gaze but still end up approaching us. He took his father's hands off my arms, "Don't touch her.."

"Yah, he was just trying to help me"

Daehyun rolled his eyes, "If you're here to apologize, don't even bother" he walked off.

"Daehyun-ah.." the father recited his name.

"Yah, Jung Daehyun. Are you even a human? You're father is here begging you for forgiveness and you're just walking off like that?"

Daehyun paused so he can listen to what you've to say.

"It must have been years since you've both met and you'd probably missed him" you continued.

"You don't know anything---" he said. 

"Of course I know! Are you really going to ignore your dad's apology even now? Which is possibly a once in a lifetime chance for both of you to meet again. You should be lucky you still have one more chance to receive love from someone who still cares about you. Despite how my father is gone after making my mother and I go through hardships in order to live, he never begged for forgiveness or apologize and just left us. And you, don't you have any feelings? Does it make you feel better by walking off like that?!" you took a deep breath after releasing all your anger.

Daehyun's father gave you a pat on the back to calm you down.

Daehyun turned around, his expression was just shocked.

"Is that what you want? To let me listen to his apologies that I don't ever want to hear from my life. Looking at his face is just enough for me to kick a rock towards a window and now listening to his apologies? I would rather cut my throat open"

"Daehyun-ah.. I know you hate me so much.. I'm really, really sorry. For leaving you.. your mother alone to live.. I hope one day you'll forgive me and I heard you're getting married tomorrow, congratulation. I'm sorry you've been forced but I hope you live a happy life.."

"H-happy..?" Daehyun laughed, "Do you think I'll ever have a happy life? Being forced by my own grandfather, my dad who left me since I was young and now begging me to forgive him, mother passed away and even someone who I loved is now going to hate me for life, too!" Daehyun kicked a rock from the ground and eyed at you. Tears almost forming around his eyes. "I-I'm sorry.." he walked off without looking back.

 

bump..bump..bump..bump.. those words repeated over and over through your head. Who's that someone whom he loved is now going to hate him?

 

 

 


KILL ME READERS. I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I'm such a terrible author-nim. Here you go. I want to make it nice and long for you guys to enjoy. I actually wish this was a drama so I can have a better view for this plot instead of witing/reading. ): ENJOY THO~