Chapter 09

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 09; Morning Routines

Leila 

Today was gonna be a big day. It's been 10 months since Exo debuted, I've been with them for such a long time. 8..no, 9 months? I'm not even sure. 

Lee Sooman called me this morning, Exo's finally having a comeback! Oh you wanna know the date? I'm sorry, that's a secret. Hehe. He told me about their new concept. I have all day today to change Exo's hair styles. It's..gonna be a long day.

 

I remember waking up to my phone's ringtone. 

"Ugh...It's 7 in the morning...Who's calling?" I mumbled as I sat up. I looked over to my phone and saw the familiar number. Lee Sooman. I sat straight up and cleared my throat. Ahem. "Good morning."

"Ah you're awake Leila. You're a morning person aren't you?"

"I guess you can say that..." Morning person? Pft. 

"As you realized, it's been a while since Exo's debuted. They will be having their comeback in a month or so. Do you mind doing their hair today? We need to begin shooting the teasers and the music videos. Oh, the photo shoots too.  We can begin doing all of that right after their new hair has been done. So here's the concept..."

I reached over for a piece of paper and a pen and started scribbling down whatever he told me.  After a 20 minute conversation, I was almost able to picture Exo's comeback.

"Also, I think the fans would like to see a change in the hair styles. Try your best to find a new concept for everyone, how about that? By the way, can you tell the boys to come over at 5 today? Jordan Kyles, their producer will be here. They'll be recording their singles!" Lee Sooman grinned excitedly over the phone. 

I chuckled. "Alright. Have a nice day!"

"Wait, Leila?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. Every since we've hired you, you've been very helpful."

"No problem!" I hung up and got out of bed. I eyeballed Lay who was still sleeping peacefully. I know Exo for a long time now but I was closest to Lay. Hell ,we're roommates; I see him almost all the time! 

I walked into the bathroom and fixed my short shorts and adjusted my tank top. I washed up and put my hair into a braid. Now, I have to wake up the boys. 

I peeked out of the bathroom, yep, Lay was still sleeping. I tip toed over and pulled the covers off him. "Lay!" 

He whined and turned over. Okay, you wanna play this game Yixing? Okay. I chuckled and walked over to the window and pulled opened the curtains. The sun was his biggest enemy in the morning. I watched as the sun's rays landed on his face. He squinted and opened his eyes. "The hell?" 

I laughed, "Raise and shine!" I walked over to him and pulled him up. I watched as a tired Lay got up and rubbed his eyes. Did I ever tell you how incredibly cute he looked in his sweats and tank top? I never thought a guy would look so attractive with such messy hair in the morning. 

His tried morning voice was so damn attractive too. "Alright...I'm up...Why are we getting ready? It's 7:30..."

I pushed him into the bathroom and patted his lower back. "Just get ready."

 

Lay....done. Now, Luhan. That'll be easy. I walked in ready to suffer the consequences of sitting on his bed, at least it'll wake him up. Right? 

I jumped on the corner of his bed and sat down. Luhan sat up and kicked me right off. "Gah!!" 

I got up and pouted at him. "Luhannie!" I whined.

You should've seen his face. "Ah...Ah...Leila! Oh my God! I'm sorry!" He flew up and ran to me. Luhan held my shoulders and looked at me from head to toe. "Are you okay?"

I busted out laughing. "Did you...Did you see your face? Oh my...Hahaha!" 

"Hm?"

I was laughing too hard to explain, I pushed him into the bathroom. "Nothing, get ready." 

"Where are we going?" 

"I'll tell you later." 

 

Xiumin....hm...You know what? I don't even need to wake him up. I'll just leave the door open when I cook breakfast. 

 

Kris. Okay, I have a plan, a very funny one too.

"Kris...Wake up." I said as I nudged him.

Kris hid his head beneath the covers and mumbled something I couldn't hear.

"...KRIS WAKE UP. CHEN SHAVED HALF YOUR HEAD LAST NIGHT AND YOU HAVE 4 ZITS ON YOUR FACE."

He flew up. "AGH MY GLORIOUS BLONDE HAIR NOOO." 

Then he ran straight into the bathroom. Perfect.

"Just kidding! But now that you're in the bathroom, get ready!" I giggled  before leaving his room. 

 

Let's see...Kris, Lay, Luhan and Xiumin are taken care of...Chen. I'll wake Chen up next. 

Did you ever know that he sings in his sleep? And when his voice cracks, he shudders and wakes up all confused. I grabbed his phone, unlocked it then "What is Love" then skipped to his part. Then I sat there and watched in amusement. Lemme tell ya something: 

Chen's voice+his tried morning voice = Not a good combination. 

"I....lost my mind...Dang ni zou jin hdfghdf. Oh what the hell?" I watched as Chen sat up as touched his neck. 

"Morning Chen Chen." I grinned as I turned off the music. "Get ready." 

 

Tao. Hm...I can't go near him because he might punch me. What do I do now? I stood at his door and watched the panda sleep oh so peacefully. Gucci. Tao likes Gucci. 

"TAO. KRIS BROUGHT YOU A NEW GUCCI BAG FROM THE 2013 SPRING COLLECTION." 

Tao sat up. "Hm?" 

"Oh...hey Tao." I smiled. "Morning?"

"I heard Gucci." 

"Um, no...no you didn't. Uh, get your hearing check?"

He tilted his head in confusion. "I could've sworn Kris gege said he would get me a new bag or something." 

I pointed to the bathroom. "Get ready..."

Tao shrugged it off and got up. 

 

I ran to the kitchen and turned the stove on. I started making scrambled eggs, fried bacon then toast. Chen walked in. "Smells nice..."

"Baozi!" I looked up. "Chen, can you opened Xiu Min's door for me?"

Confused, he walked into the hall way and opened Xiumin's door. 

Minutes later, I saw him peek out. "Morning Xiumin." 

"Ooohhh. Breakfast!" He grinned his cute smile and left to get ready. 

 

Breakfast as ready in 20 minutes. I just stood there trying to take of ways to tell Kris that I'll have to get rid of his "glorious blonde hair".

 

I sat in between Tao and Lay during breakfast. I finished first because, well, I don't go all out on beast mode every day and eat 4 plates of bacon and eggs. Cough. Cough. Xiumin. "So...have you heard? You guys are having a comeback soon!" 

Lay nodded. "I know...I heard you talking this morning." He grinned. 

I poked his cheek. "You better not tell anyone your new concept."

Tao looked up. "Concept?"

"Lay's new hair style is the...one with the least change."

Kris looked up. "What's my new hair style?"

"I don't think you wanna kn-"

Lay nudged me. "Just tell him."

Kris nodded. "Just tell me. I can handle anything."

"Well...short jet black hair with light brown highlights on the top."

He almost choked on his orange juice. "SHORT.BLACK.HAIR? WHAT ABOUT MY...MY..."

I chuckled as Lay and I said "Glorious blonde hair?" at the same time.

Kris looked at me with big eyes and nodded. "Um, yeah about that. That's getting chopped off honey, we're starting make overs at 11. You have like 2 hours with your blonde hair." I said as I looked him in the eye. Oh I wasn't kidding.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."


Hehe. Comment! Maybe I'll do a double update today ;)