Chapter 16

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 16; Lee Freaking Sooman

When Leila woke up, Lay seemed happier with the Exo members. She came out of their room and smiled at the boys who were sitting together watching TV. "They know." Lay whispered.

She laughed and nodded as she held up the post its she took off the door. Lay reached out for her. "Come here." Leila walked over and sat on his lap. He held her tightly as they watched TV together. Exo's schedules didn't start until four in the afternoon so they had a bit of free time.

 

Soon enough, their manager came in with a frown. "Listen Lay, I'm really happy for you and Leila but Mr.Lee Sooman isn't. He wants to see you." He paused then continued. "Both of you.."

Leila bit her lip and nodded as Lay hugged her. "It'll be fine..." He whispered.

Kris looked over at Leila and nodded. "Don't be scared...he won't make you break up. Just go out in public together. Go to the SM building together, hold hands okay?"

Lay looked at him all weird. Wasn't it too early to let the public know about them? 

Kris just winked. "Trust me. I know how that old fart works." 

 

Leila managed a smile before going in her room and getting ready in record time. She came out and grabbed her bag as she watched Lay pull on his converse. "Why does he want to see us?" She questioned.

He shrugged. "Someone probably saw us last night." 

 

Xiumin watched the two get ready and remained a poker face when Lay said "Someone probably say us last night." He felt bad, was it his fault? He hadn't told anyone except Exo. 

 

Lay opened the door. "Lets go." Manager was already outside waiting for them. Tao hollered. "HANDS GUISE, HANDS." 

"Right." Leila chuckled as Lay grabbed her hand. 

 

The manager dropped them off two blocks away from the SM building as he remembered what Kris said. Kris had strategy, he always knew what to do. Maybe the publicity would help the couple he thought as he dropped them off. "Walk guys, do what Kris did. Lay look at her like she's the love or your life or something. Leila, smile and laugh with him. Always hold hands. I don't know what Sooman will do but hey, I like you guys together." 

Lay nodded. "Thanks man." 

 

The couple felt the cameras on them."Cameras..." Leila mumbled.

"You look beautiful." Lay smiled.

 

At the SM building, Sooman paced around. "Aish! I knew something would happen. I need to terminate Yixing's contract, he's dating someone. He knows it's banned! Aish. How dare he-" He stopped when he noticed his Macbook flash. He sat down and noticed the biggest topic amongst SM - ENTERTAINMENT right now was indeed the 'Layla' couple.

He smirked and sat down as he watched the views on Exo's MAMA and HISTORY music video sky rocket. The public knows about them and this helps with their popularity. He thought.

Sooman nodded at the pictures of them on the streets. Yes...Yes..EXO M is getting more and more notice by the second. He nodded to himself knowing that he was making more and more money at this point due to EXO M's explosion of popularity. 

 

Lay stopped and pulled out his phone that was furiously vibrating in his pocket. Yixing, I need you to kiss Leila. He read the text. He stared at it suspiciously, the number was unknown. It literally looked like: 

NEW TEXT - FROM : UNKNOWN(BLOCKED NUMBER)

Yixing, I need you to kiss Leila.

 

He stared at it before looking over to Leila. "What...?" She questioned.

He smirked and shook his head. "Nothing." 

Leila pouted. "Tell me." 

The cameras were all on them. Sooman is doing this. The voice in the back of his head said. Just do it. Kiss her. It continued. 

He leaned over and gave her a kiss. "Nothing. It was nothing." Lay grinned before walking into the SM building with her. 

 

Sooman was sitting at his desk. He was impressed to see EXO M's worth on the market explode suddenly. The numbers increased so much due to Lay and Leila. This couple boosted their popularity and he definitely liked seeing what he was seeing. Their music videos hit 6.5 million views within hours and their albums were being sold. 

There were tons of pictures of Layla. "Hm...This might helpful in boosting EXO M's popularity. It'll make the company richer too." He grinned with satisfactory. 

 

"Lee Sooman..." Lay stuttered as he walked in with Leila. She smiled shyly and nodded. Sooman motioned for them to sit and so they did. "I want you guys to go on a date tomorrow." He said as he rested his head on his hands which were propped up on his elbows. 

"Huh?" 

"You guys are a great couple. I'd like you to go on a date. Yixing, postpone your schedules and Leila, you're off for the next few days. I want you guys out in the public." 

Lay raised his eyebrow and nodded. "That's...it?"

He nodded. "Yep. That's it. Have a nice day." 

 

Sooman grinned as he watched them leave. 

Great. Just give them a few days and let them date. This will help with popularity and besides, who wouldn't want to see Lay and his girlfriend together? 

Although this will be helpful, the biggest event that'll  expose Lay and EXO M to the music world is the big breakup of Layla....


Erhmygawd. He's onto something. Comment! 

Also, be sure to check out my latest fanfic; I hate you, Kris Wu