Chapter 07

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 07; Dumplings

Leila

“Do you like anyone?” Lay asked me as I put makeup on him.

Crap, I needed to stall. “W-Why the sudden question?”

Lay chuckled “I’m curious.”

“What do you think?”

“…So who’s the lucky guy that you like?”

AGH, I thought he would say no or something! “Why do you want to know?”

He chuckled lightly “I’m a cupid.”

“I thought you were a unicorn.”

Lay nodded, “That too. So, who’s the lucky guy?”

“Who do you think?”

“Chen?” He raised his eyebrow.

I giggled “And why is that?”

“You have so much fun with him…you’re always giggling and smiling around him. You mess around with him every morning in the kitchen. Do you like him?”

“Lay it’s not Chen.” I confessed.

“Then who is it?”

I put my foundation brush down and gave him the look. The “do you think I want to tell you?” look.

He sighed, “Then describe him.”

“He’s adorable…but has a y side. He gets jealous easily. He plays instruments and sings very well. His dancing is so smooth and perfect. He has dimples. He laughs a lot. People say he’s funny. He’s forgetful. His favorite color is purple…”

“Is he from a boy band?”

I nodded.

“…Oh my God, you like Hoya from Infinite?”

I mentally face palmed myself then continued to apply mascara on his eyes. I patted his shoulder, “Oh Lay Lay, you’ll catch up someday.”

“So it’s not him?”

I rolled my eyes and smeared some lip balm on his lips with my ring finger. “Gosh, you are so slow!”

 

I taped his mic on then told him to get up. “Lay, you’re done. Show’s starting in 5, go through that door and meet up with the rest of Exo.”

“Leila can you come with me?”

“I need to clean up the mess Kris made!” I pointed to the dragon drawn on the mirror with eyeliner.

Lay pouted and held out his hand. “Please?”

I sighed and he took my head, I lead him to where Exo was. I opened the door and peeked in to see the audience, Lay peeked through with me. The audience started squealing. I pulled him back in. “Okay…where is Exo?”

“Behind you.” I heard a deep voice.

Chen looked at us with disapproval, “Why are you guys holding hands?”

I yanked my hand away. “O-Oh! I was just bringing him back here.”

Lay nodded “I asked her too.” He said with the most innocent face.

Kris nodded as their manager came in. “Oh hello Leila, are the boys ready?”

I nodded.

“Thanks! Come this way! Oh and can you clean up the back? There’s a damn dragon on the mirror.”

I chuckled and walked back to the makeup room. “I got it.”

 

After the show, Exo packed things up and thanked all the staff at the company. We got into their huge van and drove home. Xiu Min was craving dumplings, wow, for once he’s not whining to me about his craving for steam buns. I still think its cannibalism when he eats those baozi things okay?!

“Xiu Min wants dumplings, we’re out of eggs and I want ice cream. Anyone wanna go to the store with me?”

Tao’s hand shot up then hit the ceiling of the van. “MEEE- OW. MEEE.”

I laughed, “Let’s go.” I said as I stepped out of the van. I waved by to Exo and the driver, “See ya at home!” Xiu Min waved “OH. And don’t forget. DUMPLINGS.”

Tao nodded “Yeah yeah, we know!”

 

At the super market, Tao pushed the cart around as I walked with him trying to remember all the ingredients to make dumplings. “Oh how I wished I could fit in these again!” He pouted.

I looked at the little seat in front. “Aww, you’re too big panda!”

He pouted then pointed to a bag of lollipops. “Can I get those? Please?!!”

I smiled. “Go ahead.”

I swear, Tao is like the brother I’ve always wanted. I looked down at my phone and noticed I had a text from Lay. “It’s been 30 minutes. Where are you?”

I giggled, Lay cared. “Still at the super market with Tao. Talk later okay? We’re getting candy!! >3<”

 

Just then, I tapped around awkwardly and founded a music file. I looked at it awkwardly, what the hell was this? I pressed play and listened to the song. I realized it was me who was singing. This was back in my second year of high school.

Tao’s mouth dropped open. “Leila…is that you singing? The voice sounds real familiar.”

I nodded uncomfortably. “Y-Yeah...it was a few years ago. Um, let’s go there!” I pointed to the aisle a few feet away. I really didn’t want to bring up this song. Don’t you hate it when a song is ruined by bad memories?

 

Back at home, I was sitting there in the kitchen with Xiu Min. I taught him how to make dumplings!

“Oh my….Oh my…Leila…Oh my God. Look! I MADE A DUMPLING.” Xiu Min gasped as he held up the little white piece of dough in his hand.

I laughed, nodded and gave him a thumbs up. “Good job!” 

"So Tao told me you could sing and play guitar really well....really?"

I nodded. "Yep." 

"It's like a hidden talent...why don't you audition for SM?"

"Erh...I don't think being an idol full time would be my thing ..I mean, I see you guys train and dance all the time. It seems exhausting, ya know?"

"But if an SM idol dates another SM idol...it's easier to cover up." The steam bun grinned.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "Xiumin...? What's going on?"

He grinned then leaned over and whispered into my ear. "Lay likes you...you know that right?"


Comment!!