Chapter 01

He said his name was Lay

Chapter One; Getting to know each other

Leila 

I sat down and watched them practice, they were very in sync. They seemed like a normal boy band until they stopped practicing. What do I mean you ask? Let's just say...Exo M is a special group of boys.

Tao, the youngest out of all of them came up to me first, "Hello Leila noona!" 

I smiled, "I think we're the same age. Are you trying to say I look old?" I playfully punched his biceps weakly.

"Eh? You're 18 too? But all of our other previous stylists were noonas." 

Xiu Min, he looked like the steam bun Luhan was eating. "Whoa, she's actually younger then me for once." 

Luhan nodded. "Manager hyung just told me that she got a scholarship from a university for Makeup and Styling so she graduated extra early. She's real good at make up." He said as he looked up from his phone.

Kris, he was the leader. He looked at me. "I guess we'll be with each other a lot Leila."

I nodded. "Pretty much."

Chen, he was like the jokester of the 6 boys. "Can I tell you a joke?"

"Sure?" I raised my eyebrow, this better be funny.

"You're beautiful." He started. 

Luhan face palmed then Chen continued. "But seriously, you are okay."

I chuckled and . "Best joke ever." When Exo walked out for a few minutes to get drinks, I was left alone with the last member of Exo.

All he said was. "Hey, I'm Lay." Then he smiled. Lay had a very adorable dimple on his cheek. He seemed a bit shy too.

Tao came running into the room. "Leila! Wanna go somewhere?" Chen laughed, "Let me guess, the beach?"

"The beach?" I asked. Kris leaned over and whispered into my ear, "He has a hobby of strolling on the beach side by himself. He thinks it's romantic but I just think that he's a forever alone type of guy."

"Hey! I heard that!" Tao pouted. I giggled, Kris shoot back at him, "It's kinda true!" 

Chen got up and started putting on his hoodie. "Leila, wanna go to the park?" The boys got up and started putting their jackets on too. I checked my phone, my friends were all busy. "Sure why not." I had nothing else to do anyway.

I grabbed my blazer and walked out with him. Kris was racing Luhan to the basketball court while Xiu Min was busy chewing on some steam buns. Doesn't that count as cannibalism? 

Lay was all quiet with his headphones in his ears, Chen stayed with me. He sat down with me on the bench and we just started talking about this and that.

We were just chilling when this cute little duck waddled up to us. "Oh Chen Chen, look, a ducky!" I squealed. 

"Oh please, I can look just like one." He said as he flashed his duck face. "See? Haha, I learned from those girls on the internet. Kris goes on Tumblr too much." 

I let out a laugh. "Chen, you're funny."

"So, what do we do with this ducky?"

"Chen, I think it belongs to this par-" I looked at the duck.

"Oh! Should we bring it to the store in 45th street with all those ducks displayed in the front window?"

45th street? 

"Chen...That's a Chinese restaurant!" I said before bursting out into laughter.

"Oh...OH." Chen face palmed himself. 

I told you these guys weren't normal. A couple hours later, I was about to leave with Chen. Apparently, he wanted to show me Kris's collection of stuffed animals. What the hell is a grown man doing with hello kitty toys? I just went along with it because hey, getting an offer to Exo's dorm? You don't just wake up to that now do ya? 

We were about to leave the park when we noticed Kris sprawled out on the basketball court passed out. Was he sleeping? Tao and Luhan were still playing against each other.

"Gege! Just let me score!"

"No!! You promised me that if I win this you'd tell the fans that I'm manly!" Luhan complained as he dribbled the ball.

"Manly! You flashed Kris your flower boxers and he fainted!" Tao said as he hovered over him.

"Shut up! I'm gonna win this! I'm manly!" Luhan encouraged himself again.

"Jesus Lu, it's 56:12 and there's 2 minutes of the game left! You're gonna lose!" Tao sighed as he tried to block his shot.

Luhan threw the ball and yep, you expected it, he missed.

"Yeah, you lost." Tao said as he grabbed the basket ball. 

Luhan pouted. "Fine, but I'm challenging you again next week!" 

Tao laughed. "You can try. Oh look! Chen and Leila, let's go."

They walked over to us. "Hey, ready to go?" Even Kris was up, "Oh God, don't ever wear those boxers again Luhan. I'm gonna start calling you Luhania if you do." 

I chuckled. "Where's Lay and XiuMin?" I asked. 

The boys seemed to shrug in unison, "Let's look fo- Did you heard that?" Chen said as he looked around.

We followed the girly shrieks and found Lay looking up at a tree. What was up in the tree? Xiu Min. How did he even...I'm not gonna ask.

"Lay! Lay! Get me down! I'm scared! I'm gonna pee myself!" Xiu Min sobbed.

Lay pulled his headphones out. "Let me think!"

"Come on! I'm so scared, I think I'm gonna pee!" He whined.

"You cried so much, you think there's still water in your system?" Lay waved his arms around as he shot back at the poor steam bun.

"Hey, Lay." I said when we got close enough to him.

Lay waved then pointed, "I know." I giggled as I saw Xiu Min sitting up there. "Kris! Kris! Kris! Help!"

"How the hell.." Kris looked up.

Lay shook his head, "Ugh, don't even ask."

Xiumin hugged the tree in fear of falling. "Please get me down!" 

Kris tiptoed and reached for Xiu Min. "Just jump! I'll catch you!" 

"But Kri- AAAAH!" Xiu Min fell right into Kris's arms. He stood up and rubbed his rear end. "Okay who did that? I THINK I JUST PEED MYSELF A LITTLE." 

Tao picked up the basketball he threw then smiled sheepishly at Xiumin. "Sorry hyung, but hey at least you're down." 

I chuckled at the sight of the boys quarreling, see? The word normal, definitely doesn't exist in their world.


Update!: Please comment and subscribe!