Chapter 21

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 21: Begin Again

Lay shot up. "WHAT?"

Leila sat down next to her boyfriend and pretended to be sad. "I'm sorry baby...should've told you earlier." 

"I..What...You..Huh. Dammit. Why?" Lay was so speechless he didn't know what to say. Was Leila really going to move there permanently to pursue her career as a makeup artist and stylist? Was today one of the few days he'd get to hug her in his sleep? 

"Yeah...Sooman asked me to. How can I say no? Exo K is so sweet." Leila cooed. 

Tao stood by the door and almost peed himself laughing. He giggled into his hand as Chen watched with the biggest troll face. Tao turned to him and whispered. "I can't tell if you were the one who set this up with Leila or this face is just you in your natural habitat." 

Chen hushed the boy and watched Lay overreact once again. 

"I...LEILA IS THIS BECAUSE OF SEHUN? OR KAI? OR SUHO? OH CHANYEOL. YOU ARE SO GOING TO KOREA FOR CHANYEOL. OR BAEKHYUN. NO. YOU ARE GOING FOR KYUNGSOO AREN'T YOU? BECAUSE HE'S PERFECT? YEAH. SINGING, RAPPING, COOKING AGH. IT'S NOT FAIR THE ONLY THING I CAN COOK IS CEREAL WHAT IS THIS." Lay waved his arms everywhere then sat down and sighed. "I'm not perfect." He pouted. 

Leila sat down and hugged him. "No Lay, you're not perfect; you're more then that. You're beyond perfect." She sat up next to him and stared at him for a while before she wanted to laugh. 

Lay watched as Leila cringed, she was trying not to laugh. 

"Wait a second..." 

Leila ran out of the room and high fived Chen on the way. She laughed her off in the halls. Then she ran back to Tao and clung onto the panda's muscular arms. "Taozi!" She called him by his nickname. Leila never understood how one could be so adorable and manly at the same time. That was Tao for her. "You have it?" 

He showed her the video he recorded on his phone and replayed it. Tao laughed with Leila as a clueless Lay tried to comprehend what was going on. "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO KOREA?" 

Leila laughed and slapped her kneel. "Did you see that? OH CHANYEOL. YOU ARE SO GOING TO KOREA FOR CHANYEOL." She imitated Lay. 

Lay jumped out of bed and ran to chase Leila who already made a run for you. "Oh I'm gonna get you!" 

Leila laughed and ran around the house. Xiumin shook his head and chuckled. "Oh these kids, are so in love." 

 

Kris finally came out of his room angry from all the noise. "GUYS WHAT THE I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP." 

Leila ran behind him. "Kris!" 

"Oh God, what now?" 

"Remember?" 

"Oh you did it?" He turned around surprised. 

Leila nodded excitedly. "Show me show me!" Kris jumped happily.

Lay stood there annoyed as Leila laughed with Kris. "Oh gosh you are so gullible!" 

 

Lay pouted and sat on the couch. "I'm made at you now. I'm never gonna talk to you ever again." He wrinkled his nose and turned the TV on. Xiumin shook his head. "Oh we'll see how long you last." 

 

Leila rolled her eyes and put her sneakers on. "Oh dammit Leila baby don't go outside wearing just a tank top and short shorts...guys will stare." Lay whispered. 

Xiumin turned to him and grinned. "I heard that."

"Shut up!" 

 

Kris pulled his shoes on. "Tao hand me that basket ball!" 

"I'll hold it!" Tao hollered as he skipped out of the dorm with a lollipop in his mouth. 

 

Chen sat down and waved bye to Leila. "I LIKE YOUR SHORTS LEILA." 

"Mother of God!" Lay groaned under his breath. He grabbed his shoes and ran out of the dorm. "You know what it's too hot to be wearing a shirt anyway." 

Manager face palmed. "There goes Lay, killing more and more fan girls by the second." 

 

Lay ran up to Leila who's tank top was already starting to hitch up. He blushed at her back dimples and blushed even harder when he turned her around. That lil sliver belly ring was so attractive and did I mention she was wearing a tank top? He flushed red and pulled his shirt off and put it over her. "Who said you could go out like that? Guys will stare." He muttered. 

Tao and Kris looked at each other and smiled. "So cute." They mouthed. 

 

"What the?! I thought you were mad at me. I thought you weren't going to talk to me ever again."  Leila teased. 

Lay crashed his lips onto hers and said "Shut up. Don't ever do that again." He grabbed her hand and walked her to the park. Lay was only wearing shorts and his nikes, Leila eyed his six pack. "Lay...girls will stare..." She whispered.

"Are you jealous?" 

"No." She scoffed and looked away.

"You don't have to be. Everyone knows you're mine." Lay poked the hickey on her neck.

Tao's mouth dropped open. "Hey hey hey when did that get there?" 

Kris laughed. "Last night." 

 

Eventually, Lay's shirt was back on. You could probably hear the whine of fan girls who didn't get to see them abs from miles away and the squeals of fan boys as Leila ran around the park with just a tank top and bootie shorts on. 

 

Lay was okay. Leila wasn't going to Korea, she wasn't going to separate again, his fears of Sooman forcing them to break up were gone and ...wow, life was perfect. 

A couple months pass, Exo continues to promote their XOXO album. Leila still runs back and forth from China to Korea sometimes to help with the styling. The separation isn't too long, Sooman's reasonable with the couple since he thinks they're pretty cute together. 

 

Today's a special day actually, it's Layla's eighth month mark. The couple decided to go somewhere special yet simple; the park. This park hled many memories, including the things that happened the first time they met. 

 

Leila and Lay spent the day at the park. "Remember this? We were here a year ago with Exo M."

"When Xiumin got stuck in that tree?" Leila pointed and laughed. Xiumin looked so terrified. 

"When Kris passed out over there?" Lay pointed to the basket ball court. 

"It's been a year since we met."

"It's been a year since I fell in love with you." Lay smiled. That dimple melted Leila away. 

"It's been eight months since you confessed."

"It's been eight months since I made you believe in love again." 

"Its been eight months since I stopped going though that old playlist of sad song covers and started a new one called Layla." She blushed.

Lay stood up and tilted Leila's chin upwards so he could nuzzle his nose with hers. "Show me." 

 

Lay held her hand tightly as they got home. He hoped she wouldn't break down thinking about the past.

Leila didn't and gladly showed him her covers. 

Lay chuckled as he read the title of the file that held covers about her ex boyfriend.

Playlist - Jackass 

 

Lay listened all the songs and buried Leila in the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry baby...I'm sorry." 

Leila shook her head and hugged him. "I turn to music when I'm sad, I also turn to music when I'm in love...I have a playlist called Layla now.

 

Lay opened up the file called Layla and smile big as he listened to all the songs.

Playlist - Layla

 

Leila reached for the guitar. "I wanna add a file." 

"What's it called?" 

[A/N: Play this(Begin Again)] 

"Begin again." 

Took a deep breath in the mirror

He didn't like it when I wore high heels

But I do

Turn the lock and put my headphones on

He always said he didn't get this song

But I do, I do

 

Walked in expecting you'd be late

But you got here early and you stand and wave

I walk to you

You pull my chair out and help me in

And you don't know how nice that is

But I do

 

And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid

I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did

I've been spending the last eight months

Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end

But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

 

You said you never met one girl

Who had as many James Taylor records as you

But I do

We tell stories and you don't know why

I'm coming off a little shy

But I do

 

But you throw your head back laughing like a little kid

I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did

 

I've been spending the last eight months

Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end

But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

 

And we walked down the block to my car and I almost brought him up

But you start to talk about the movies that your family

Watches

Every single Christmas and I want to talk about that

And for the first time what's past is past

 

'Cause you throw your head back laughing like a little kid

I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did

I've been spending the last eight months

 

Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end

But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

 

But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

Lay smiled and nodded along to the music Leila made. Her voice was absolutely beautiful and he loved listening to it. After realizing the song she sung was about him, he leaned over and pecked her on the lips. "I love you." 


It's almost the end! :O Comment!

Y'all wanna give Chanyeol and Kai some love? ;)