Chapter 14

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 14; So Give me a Chance

Lay stared at Leila in shock. His cheeks flushed red. She liked him back! He didn’t know what to say for a few minutes. Just then, Chen came running into the emergency room. Lay turned around and smiled weakly at him. The scene of Leila and him kissing just kept replaying in his head. “Found you! Leila you okay?”

Leila nodded in silence. Chen continued. “Exo came back and wanted to see if you were okay, they’re like scattered all over the building and I guess I was the only one smart enough to check the ER!” He beamed.

Lay nodded and Chen pointed to the door. “Okay guys lets go…?”

The two nodded in silence as Chen started walking out; he picked up his iPhone and started calling all the members. Lay’s hand brushed against Leila’s, he took it before walking out into the streets.  

On the way home, Leila and Lay walking in front. The manager stared at their hands the whole time with a suggestive face. He looked at the other members and they just grinned with a thumbs up.

Back at the dorm, Leila and Lay went straight to their room whereas the other boys sat around in a circle in the living room with the manager.

Xiumin shook his head. “He did it. He finally did it. That shy bastard finally confessed. Mr.Zhang Freaking Yixing.”

Kris looked over. “You think he made it out of the friend zone?”

Chen chuckled. “Of course he did, Leila likes him back.”

Tao raised his eyebrow. “How do you know?”

The trolled responded. “Well was it not obvious enough? I had a feeling that there was a little something between them ever since the first day. Remember when we first met her?”

Luhan’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape. “Oh right, we were all saying hi and stuff. Lay was just standing there staring at her. Love at first sight?”

The manager sat there and listened. “Ugh you guys, what’s SM gonna think about this if they find out?”

Xiumin laid back and ripped open a bag of chips. “Eh, I don’t care really. I ship Layla.”

“Huh?” Kris questioned.

“Lay. La? You know, Leila and Lay together? My God, the ship name? Like, XiuChen?” The steam bun grinned and looked over to Chen and motioned with his fingers. “That’s you and me.” He whispered.

Tao laughed. “Did you google yourself and have that ship name come up?”

The steam bun waved him off. “Shut up. Anyway, I ship them you know? They’re so cute.” He smiled as he stuffed a handful of chips in his mouth.

The manager rolled his eyes and snatched the bag away. “Aish! No midnight snacks, do you guys think Sooman will accept this?”

Luhan just shrugged. “I don’t care if he doesn’t accept this. You can’t stop two people from loving each right?”

The boys nodded. “Right, right.”

Xiumin nodded furiously in agreement. “Yes, great statement. And you also can’t separate a man and his food either!” He took the bag of chips and began eating.

 

The manager sighed and  went to check on Leila and Lay. He stopped. “Maybe I should leave them be…”

Just then, Leila and Lay came out of their rooms. Xiumin clapped his hands together and smiled like a mother would when she sees her daughter with the love of her life. “Oh you two.”

Tao smacked the baozi across the back of his head. “Shut up! Leila, you okay?”

She smiled and nodded. “Can you give us some…time alone?”

The boys scrambled up and grabbed their shoes. Xiumin ran out first. “Ah…I WANT A MIDNIGHT SNACK.”

Chen nodded. “Erh, I… I WANT FOOD TOO.”

Kris and Tao flew out also. “Uh…I’M JUST FOLLOWING.”

Luhan chuckled awkwardly and stumbled out with the manager. “Ya know…maybe I’ll get some air.”

 

Leila sat down with Lay in the balcony they were supposed to meet at a few days ago. “So…what did you say at the hospital?”

“Um…I…Uh…” Leila started.

Lay grinned and picked up the pink guitar a few feet away from him. “When words fail, music speaks.”

Leila smiled and took the guitar and started strumming. A few minutes later, she thought of a song and began playing.

Puttin’ my defenses up
‘Cause I don’t wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I’d have a heart attack

Never put my love out on the line
Never said yes to the right guy
Never had trouble getting what I want
But when it comes to you, I’m never good enough
When I don’t care
I can play ‘em like a Ken doll
Won’t wash my hair
Then make 'em bounce like a basketball

But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear high heels
Yea you, make me so nervous
That I just can’t hold your hand

You make me glow, but I cover up
Won’t let it show, so I’m
Puttin’ my defenses up
Cause I don’t wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I’d have a heart attack (x3)

Never break a sweat for the other guys
When you come around, I get paralyzed
And every time I try to be myself
It comes out wrong like a cry for help
It’s just not fair
Pain’s more trouble than love is worth
I gasp for air
It feels so good, but you know it hurts

But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear perfume
For you, make me so nervous
That I just can’t hold your hand

You make me glow, but I cover up
Won’t let it show, so I’m
Puttin’ my defenses up
Cause I don’t wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I’d have a heart attack (x3)

The feelings got lost in my lungs
They’re burning, I’d rather be numb
And there’s no one else to blame
So scared I take off and I run
I’m flying too close to the sun
And I burst into flames

You make me glow, but I cover up
Won’t let it show, so I’m
Puttin’ my defenses up
‘Cause I don’t wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I'd have a heart attack (x2)
I think I'd have a heart attack
I think I'd have a heart attack (x2
)

The finished the song with a strum of the guitar. Lay tilted his head. "So...You..."

“I like you Lay, I like you a lot. But, I don’t believe in love.” She confessed.

Lay’s smile turned into a frown. “W-Why?” 

"Well..." 

The started talking about her experience with love, how it started, how she got toyed with. Leila told Lay about how hard she had fallen for her first boyfriend who ended up being a player. She told him about all the times she would break down when she thought about it. Lay felt so weird for some reason, had Leila been heart broken this whole time? How come he didn't notice? 

"And...well, I told myself to never ever fall in love since then. But ya know, that didn't really work out." Leila looked down at her feet.

Lay got up and sat next to her. "Leila, give me a chance. I'll make you believe in love again. Promise. I'll never break your heart, if I ever hurt you, I'd never forgive myself. I...I really like you."

Leila looked up at him and stared into Lay's beautiful brown eyes. He continued. "I like you like how Luhan likes hanging with Sehun. I like you like Tao likes his gucci bags. I like you like Xiumin likes food. I like you like Kris likes his stuffed animals. I like you like Chen likes trolling. And...as forgetful as I am, I'll never forget the fact that I'm madly in love with you." 

He bit his lip. "What do ya say? Give the unicorn a chance?" 

Leila simply leaned over and give him a kiss on the lips. "Don't make me regret it." 

Lay shook his head. "I won't." He promised before holding her cheeks again and kissing her. 


Who ships Layla? | x3 COMMENT

Songs for this chap: 

Demi Lovato: Heart Attack

SES - Dreams Come True