Chapter 02

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 02 ; The first chat

Leila

Last night, I went to pay a visit to Exo’s dorm. Kris…his bed, whoa, he had a whole load of stuffed animals. Isn’t he like the oldest? What the hell is a grown man doing sleeping with hello kitty bed sheets? I also think he has more BB cream then I do. Guys wear BB cream?

Lay, he’s pretty neat for a guy. He plays guitar too?

Luhan, I walk into his room and bam, you know what he’s doing at 1 AM in the morning? Chatting with this guy named Sehun via Skype.

Tao, he sings a lot and sounds pretty good for a rapper. He even let me sit on his bed while he sang a song for me. What a sweetheart.

Xiu Min, guys, his room…its clearner then mine! How is that possible? The only thing messy was the garbage can (Of course). It was filled with chip bags and wrappers. He sure eats a lot.

Chen, this guy’s pretty funny. You won’t even believe what he did a couple of days ago; he filled the toothpaste tubes with mayo. MAYO. He showed me the video of Exo brushing their teeth.

It was hilarious!

There was Kris, who flipped out and ran out of the bathroom.

Xiu Min, who just ate it. “Oh! Mayo!” Haha, this kid.

Luhan’s face was so funny; he took his toothbrush out of his mouth and just stared at it.

Lay overreacted in the most hilarious way. “OH…OH MY GOD. I used the wrong toothbrush.” Did he not notice the mayo? Aigoo.

Tao just made me facepalm, “Gege? GEGE?” I heard Kris in the background. “Yes?” Tao continued , “Is this BB cream?”

Oh Tao, how does BB cream taste like mayo?

 

I got to know each of the members a little better, Lay was a bit quiet. He was probably drowned in his music; he had his beats on the whole night.

 

The next day, in the practice room, their manager asked me to write down a list of all the products I’d be expecting to use on Exo.

I nodded and began writing.

  • Foundation

  • Concealer

  • Powder

Well, that was pretty much it right? I mean, why does a guy need more than that? All they needed was to cover up blemishes right?

Wrong. Oh I was so wrong.

Luhan popped up behind me. “Why isn’t BB cream on the list? Kris will flip out!”

BB cream? I wrote it down for the sake of Kris.

Xiu Min read through the list. “How about eyeliner?”

“You guys wear that?”

Xiu Min nodded.

Luhan perked up. “Oh and that thing with the brush you put here?” He pointed to his eyelashes.

“Mascara?” I asked.

He wrinkled his nose in confusion. “What?”

I reached into my bag and pulled out my makeup, I ped the zipper and pulled out mascara. “This?” I asked as I opened it up and pulled out the brush.

“Ah yes!”

Tao peeked into our conversation. “What about the pencil?”

“Wasn’t that eyeliner?”

Xiu min shook his head. “The eyeliner we get has a brush.”

“Liquid eyeliner.” Luhan added.

“So, what pencil are you asking about, Tao?”

Tao pointed to his eyebrows. “I don’t know but it goes here.”

I pulled out a eyebrow pencil. “This?”

Tao nodded. “Yeah that!”

Xiu Min then pointed to his eyes. “What about here? There’s a powder thing that goes here.”

“Eye shadow?” I suggested. Xiu Min nodded, “Yeah yeah, that’s what it’s called.”

I chuckled and completed the list by adding in what types and brands I wanted, I had no idea guys actually wore eyeliner and lipstick. Wow, Leila, welcome to the world of male idols.

I gave the list to the manager. You know, this might be the only serious conversation I’ll have with the boys.

 

A couple of days later, I received the makeup. I brought it all to the SM building, the boys were practicing one last time. They were performing and going to an interview today.

 

During the makeup sessions, I started the conversation to loosen up the tension. Exo M was so nervous; I could almost feel it in the air.

“So, why did your previous stylist get fired?”  I asked.

Luhan started. “Well, she was horrible at dressing me.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes, there was this one time I was dancing to Two Moons with Lay. The shirt I was wearing was a bit short in the front so when I grabbed it during a dance move my abs were exposed and the fans went crazy.”

“Isn’t that a good thing? It makes you seem manly.” I teased.

He nodded and continued. “Yes yes, it made me manly for like what? A day? The next day, for a show recording, SHE DRESSED ME IN ALL PINK. The ‘Luhan is manly’ thing went down the drain.” He pouted.

I chuckled and lifted his chin up. “Look up Luhan.” I said as I opened up the tube of mascara.

“So who’s next to share their disaster story?” Luhan grinned when I was done putting mascara on him.

Xiu Min went. “Oh my God, Leila, you will not believe what that lady did to me.” He said, whoa, this steam bun was a dramatic one. Xiu Min was a independent baozi with sass. Haha.

“So, she lets me wear eyeliner yes? I liked it for a the first few days because damn, I looked so fabulous. Then, she started over doing it. Half the time, my face was so shiny and I looked like I had two black eyes.”

I laughed as I walked over to him to put eyeliner on him. “Look up……now look down….” I said as I lined his eyes lightly, “Done, wait I need to put eye shadow on you.”

 Xiu Min nodded and let me put it on him. Minutes later, I was done; “Done.”

He got up and looked in the mirror, “Whoa whoa whoa, who is this fine piece of baozi. Oh yes, it’s the one and only Kim Minseok or also as known as the y Xiu Min.” He said as he checked himself out.

Chen went next, “The accessories she gave me...mother of God, they always flew the hell off and hit either the audience or the other member’s eyes or something.”

Tao nodded. “I know right! I got hit multiple times in History because of his bracelets.”

I chuckled as I put a bracelet on Chen’s wrist. “I doubt it’ll happen again. Chen, swing your hand around as hard as you can.”

He did as he was told and the bracelet didn’t fall of. “Wow, great.” He grinned.

I continued to Kris. “And you? Mr.Wufan.”

“Oh please, I don’t get into malfunctions. I’m to- OH MY …IS THAT CHANEL BB CREAM.”

“Y-Yes.” I chuckled. He’s obsessed with this stuff!

Kris leaned closer and closed his eyes. “Put it on me!” He said while waving his hands around.

I nodded and applied an even layer then finished it off with powder. He flew up and went to check himself out with Xiumin. “Wow, Wufan, you look so flawless today.” He said in a seductive voice. I face palmed, was he really hitting on himself?

Lay was last. “Lay, what happened to you?”

“Me? Well, the stylist made me feel half the time.” He said as I started putting concealer on him.

“Hm? ?” I blushed at the thought of his abs. I’ve seen the outline of them when he sweated pass them in a white t shirt in the practice room and wow, he’s got a serious 6 pack going on over there.

“Yeah, the tops she gave me were made out of fishnet or something and every time we performed, the breeze. Ugh!" He pretended to shudder.

I laughed and walked over to grab his outfit, I took the clothes hanger with the “YIXING ZHANG” sticker on it.

“How’s this? I picked it out for you.” I smiled.

He took it and went to change, he came out minutes later. “I…I like it. Thanks, Leila.”

We caught eye contact for a few seconds, but hey, I just needed a few seconds of of his stare to make my heart beat a thousand times per second.


Long update! x)

Please comment!