Chapter 08

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 08; The Talk

Leila

I put my dumpling skin down and crossed my arms. "Xiumin, really?"

He nodded. "I'm so serious!"

I rolled my eyes. There was no way Lay liked me back. "And when did he tell you this?"

The steam bun  sheepishly grinned, "He never did..."

I nodded and picked up my chopstick again. "Exactly. So he doesn't. Aigoo, you shouldn't spread rumors like that."

Xiumin pouted in protest. "But he does like you! It's kinda obvious ya know..."

 

I got up and started cooking the dumplings. "Just finish making them please."

I could almost feel Xiumin's pouts although my back was turned to him. "Oh please Leila, I'll prove to you."

I chuckled and turned the stove on. "Keep dreaming my little steam bun."

 

About half and hour later, I called everyone out of their rooms. Dinner was ready. The smell of Dumplings, chicken ramen and kimchi literally got Xiumin flying to the dinner table. Gosh, he's so cute for a 23 year old. 

"Holy crap, Lei, these are good!" Kris smiled big and gave me a thumbs up as he bit into a dumpling.

Xiumin pouted. "Hey! I made some too!" 

Luhan wrinkled his nose and pick up a dumpling. "Did you make this?"

I shook my head. "Xiumin did." 

Chen busted out laughing. "It looks deformed! Buhahaha!"

The steam bun pouted. "I worked hard ya know!" 

I giggled. "I'm pretty sure it tastes good!" 

Luhan nodded and leaned over behind Chen who was sitting next to me with the dumpling in his chopstick. "Leila knows best!" I took a bite of the dumpling and tired my best to hide my "What the is this?!" face. I looked at Luhan nervously. "Does it taste good?" 

"It taste kinda odd...You taste it!" 

Luhan shoved the rest in his mouth then almost choked. "Oh sweet baby Jesus!" 

Xiumin sat up. "Is it good?"

"WHAT IS THIS!!!!"

Chen laughed and gave him a glass of water. "Aigoo, Xiumin can eat but can't cook." 

I watched as Tao laughed and gave him a high five. These boys.... 

 

Lay

Hiding my jealousy. I'm not the best at that. So I'll admit it, I'm starting to have feelings for Leila. The feelings are just piling in like crazy!

Xiumin made dumplings with her...GOD KNOWS WHAT THEY COULD'VE DONE WHILE FOOLING AROUND IN THE KITCHEN.

Chen, lord, this guy has no guts. He was the first to approach her, he's close with her...HE'S BEEN AT HER HOUSE. Her.House. Do you have any idea what the two could've done? 

Luhan, did you see what this guy did? He fed her...then ate after her. With the same chopstick! Someone tell me, IS THAT NOT AN INDIRECT KISS OR SOMETHING. 

Tao went shopping with her! You could only imagine how cute of a couple they looked in the supermarket. Can you imagine? Tao pushing the cart and Leila walking behind as she takes this and that. Then the old people are like "Awww, young love."

Then there's Kris, you have no idea how much time they spend in the practice room discussing stuff. No no! They are not talking about BB Cream. It's got to be something else. Kris is always so happy around her and his face lights up when they talk. Okay. Come to think of it. It's probably the BB Cream talk

What do I have in common with her? ...Um we're roommates? And we play guitar? That's it. THAT'S IT. 

 

I swear, Leila likes one of the members or something. Or one of them like her. 

...No she doesn't like me! Are you crazy? We got nothing in common! 

 

Right right, maybe I should start finding something we have in common besides guitar.

Oh you guys do have many things in common....You both like each other

Oh shut up narrator! Stay outta this! You be giving me weird ideas...pft, she likes me back. Oh God, in what world does something as perfect as this happens? 

O-Okay. Suit yourself. 

Humph. Anyway, something Leila and I have in common besides guitar...Hm...Should I start playing with make up or what? Let me look up that Michelle Phan video. That lady's a genius at makeup. But not as genius as Leila of course. 

Mother of love Lay, you're a moron. 

Can you shut up and let me think? 

She likes you, moron.

Stop calling me that! And you're the moron! Thinking she likes me back. OK I'LL BELIEVE THAT WHEN XIUMIN STOPS EATING BAOZIS.

I'm the moron! You're the one talking to the narrator in a story! What kind of chracter does that? 

GAH. 

 

*2 hours later* 

Oh my . This is so confusing. Guys, it's been two hours. I've been cooped up in my room for 2 damn hours on my iPad with headphones on. I don't think the members think I'm practicing guitar anymore and besides, what's the difference between foundation and BB cream? They're the same!

Oh you better not say that in front of Kris, he'll kill you! 

....NARRATOR? WHAT THE ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE. 

What am I doing here? Talk about the stupidest questio- I'm a narrator! IN A STORY. WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING HERE.

Okay, shut up. 

Hm, forget about the make up. I can barely tell the difference between eyeliner and a eyebrow pencil. 

Eyeliner is for lining your eyes and and a eyebrow pencil is for your eyebrows?

Oh what are you? The new Michelle Phan? Narrator are you gay?

Lay you're stressing too much about this. Damn, they say love is blind.  In this case, holy crap, it IS blind.

Blind?

Long story short, I'm the narrator. I know what happens in this story. Everything would've been fine if you, ya little dip didn't freak out like this! So, idiot, listen to me. You hear that? LISTEN.TO.ME.

Fine. 

Talk to her. Get closer to her. Confess when the time is right. Because, Zhang Yixing, if you don't treat her right, someone else will. Do you wanna lose to Chen?

C-Chen? ALRIGHT THERE IS NO WAY I'M LOSING TO THAT TROLL WITH THE PERFECT JAWLINE. 

...And you asked if I was gay. *Scoffs* 

Shush up narrator. 

Anyway. IT'S TIME FOR WAR. GET YO GAME FACE ON LAY, BECAUSE LEILA IS YOURS.  YOU WILL TALK TO THAT BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF PERFECT, GET HER HEART, AND SET THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND HER ON FIRE. YOU WILL MAKE HER FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU. UNDERSTAND ME? 

How about you stop talking to yourself and go talk to her?

....

Alright that works too. 


Do you want Layla to happen? Do you want Lay to grow some balls and confess? Comment!!