Chapter 13

He said his name was Lay

A/N: After reading this chapter and commenting of course, can you guys please check out my latest Fanfic? Check it out here: Forget Me Not .. Subscribe and comment ^^ 


Chapter 13; Because I like you

Narrator

Kris was the first to wake up the next morning; he rubbed his eyes as he walked out into the living room. He spotted Leila out on the balcony, she was sitting there holding her phone, when he walked closer; he realized she was asleep. Was she out on the balcony the whole night? He thought. Kris picked her up and walked into the living room setting her on the couch. Kris lightly shook her awake, it must’ve been a cold night, her skin was pale and cold to the touch. “Leila!”

“Hm?” She woke up from her slumber and rubbed her eyes. “Oh, morning Kris.”

“What were you doing outside the whole night? It was cold…” He wondered in concern.

Leila suddenly remembered that Lay never came and shook her head. She was a bit mad but she hid it. “Nothing…” She mumbled.

Leila got up to get dressed, she walked into her room and Lay was there sleeping.  She quickly snuck into the bathroom and got dressed in record time. Leila grabbed her bag and heels as she walked out into the living room; she dropped them by the couch and made breakfast.

Tao walked out a few minutes later. “Wow, you’re so ready.” He giggled.

Before Leila knew it, she was on her way to the SM building. The Exo members soon began to notice the silence and the ignoring going on between Leila and Lay. Maybe they were having a bad day? Nope, it didn’t seem like it. Leila tried to avoid Lay the best.

Today, she did his makeup first! Lay was done first. First! Leila always saved him for last for some reason.

Xiumin shook it off, of course they still liked each other…Maybe Leila just woke up on the wrong side of bed today.

Kris, who was on the same track as Xiumin thought it was ridiculous. Yeah so maybe she woke up on the wrong side of bed today, oh wait, she didn’t sleep on no bed!

Tao and Luhan were just as clueless as ever. When they watched Leila style Lay, they suddenly felt the uneasy feeling between them two.

Chen suddenly felt bad, was it his fault? Is it because of his confession? Oh dear God.

 After Lay, she had fun talking to each of the members. She sat down for a few hours and watched as the Exo members professionally take pictures for their next comeback. Today, they were doing album jacket covers, group photos, individual photos and recordings.

Leila sat down the whole time and fixed their makeup from time to time. “Leila!” The photographer looked over to her.

“Yes?”

“I need you to fix Lay’s eyeliner, some of it rubbed off.” He said.

Leila grabbed an eyeliner pencil and walked over to Lay, she was shorter than him so she had to tiptoe to fix his eyes. It looked pretty cute: Leila standing in front of Lay as she looks up at him and as he looks down at her. After fixing it, they stared at each other for a few seconds before Leila broke it.

She walked away remembering that Lay ditched her last night. Jerk. She thought to herself.

 

“Whoa…What was that…” Kris asked as Leila walked back tapping her eyeliner pencil against her hands.

“What was what?”

“Oh please, don’t act like you don’t know.”

Leila looked at the sassy dragon. “I don’t.” She mumbled.

“Fine fine. When you and Lay stared at each other, what was that?”

“I was looking to see if his eyes were even.” She said innocently.

“That’s what they all say! I felt something else, there’s a spark between you two. Electricity. CHEMISTRY.” Kris waved his arms around.

“Um…No Kris…There’s isn’t any chemistry between us.”

“We’ll see about that. Ya know, you two would look adorable together.” He grinned.

Today was a long day; Leila sat there in boredom during every photo shoot and recording. She had to admit, it was pretty amusing when Chen or Luhan went off note and they were all surprised when they heard it after singing it.

When it was time to leave, it was nearly midnight, it was pitch black outside. Exo walked out, they were tried but hey, at least their comebacks near.

 

Leila was just walking next to Lay quietly, their hands almost touching. Lay stopped for a bit when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

The next few seconds happened so fast. Leila was about to cross the street with Xiumin when Xiumin paused with his mouth wide open. “LEILA!” He screamed. Lay snapped up when he heard the fear in his voice. It was pitch black, no one noticed the van with a drunk driver speeding down the street.

Lay ran to pull Leila towards into a back hug. She was in shock , she almost died! Lay back hugged a speechless Leila for a few minutes before he started crying.

Everyone was surprised. Number one, no one expected the van; it was so quiet! Number two, Lay hadn’t cried since the time they won that rookie award in China.

He let go of her and turned her around, he put his hands on her cheeks. “Leila…” He whispered. “Are you okay?”

She was still speechless. “T-Talk to me.” He whispered.

The manager called the driver immediately, “Lay go to the hospital with her, we can’t lose our stylist if she falls into shock or anything.”

 

-At the Hospital-

Lay waited outside impatiently, finally, after what felt like hours; the doctor pulled the curtains away and walked out with a clipboard. “Leila Zu?”

Lay nodded.

“And who are you to her?”

“…Her boyfriend.”

“Alright, Ms.Zu is currently suffering from a case of shock. It’s completely normal hence the fact that she just experienced a near death event. She’s perfectly fine; she’ll just be in shock for a few hours. Alright? Make sure she gets enough rest and it’s normal if she has a fear with speeding cars in the next few days.”

Lay nodded and rushed pass him to see her. Leila was sitting on a stool staring into space. She did seem in shock, after noticing Lay was here, she got up. Leila ran into his arms and hugged him.

Lay hugged her tightly and caressed her hair, he let go a few minutes later. “Are you okay?”

She nodded. “But why were you crying?”

Lay looked at the ground. “Because I …almost lost you.”

“Lay…”

He looked at her and hugged her again.

“Why didn’t you come yesterday? You ditched me.” She mumbled.

“I didn’t ditch you, I was hurt.”

“Hurt?”

“I saw you and Chen kissing and…I thought I lost to him.” He admitted.

“L..Lost?”

“Yeah, Leila I…”

Leila looked up at him and finished his sentence for him. “Like you.” 


Woo! They confessed, I can finally breathe now!

Comment!