Chapter 05

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 05; Roommates 

Leila

I woke up and looked around surprised, my room was completely empty! Oh right, I was moving today. I grabbed my iPhone and noticed a text from Chen.

Chen Chen: Morning Leila! :3 I know it’s early but start getting ready.^o^ We’re going to the airport at 9! Meet us at the SM building at 8:30. See ya! (:

I chuckled; I love Chen’s use of smiley faces in his texts. He showed me an app once with more than 1000 emoticons, who has the time to make all these?

I nodded at the text and got up and changed. When I was decent looking, I grabbed my bag and pulled on my booties.  I left a post it note on Charlene’s forehead telling her that I was leaving today. Too bad I’ll miss her surprised expression when she finds out that I left without telling her. I walked out of my house and sighed. I called my parents telling them I’d leave for China today. My mother got all teary and emotional whereas my father told me to be careful. I said my Goodbyes and looked around my neighborhood. Goodbye Seoul, see ya in a year. I guess I’ll have to get used to speaking Chinese again, boy, I haven’t used that language in years ever since I moved here to study!

I walked into the SM building. All our luggage was already boarded on a plane the night before. Everyone looked exhausted in the practice room, “Hey guys.” I said quietly when I stepped in. Kris was sitting there sleeping. “Ni Hao, Leila. Buenos Dias…” He sleep talked. Buenos Dias? Good morning in Spanish? Wow, he did talk in multiple languages. I chuckled as I sat down next to him. “Buenos Dias Duizhang.” I smiled as his head slipped of his shoulder and he hit the wall in front of him. “Agh crap!”

Xiu Min shot up. “Hm? O-Oh…Morning Leila.” He rubbed his eyes.

“Morning.” I yawned.

 

Exo and I sat around for 20 minutes before we got in the van. Chen sat next to me and for once he was quiet. What time did they sleep last night? Manager oppa gave me a list of their schedules which explained everyone’s gloominess. They were practicing until 3 in the morning last night and had to wake up again at 7 to get ready. Even I can’t live off 4 hours of sleep! I opened a can of red bull and drank it as I tried to remember everyone’s makeup routines. Xiu Min: Foundation, concealer, eyeliner and blush. Kris: BB cream of course, eyeliner and tinted lip balm. Lay: BB cream, concealer and lip balm. Luha- Hm? I snapped out of my train of thought when I felt Chen’s head fall on my shoulder. He was completely passed out sleeping. Now I gotta add concealer to his list. Damn, SM should let the boys sleep more. One less hour of practice won’t hurt.

I found myself shaking him awake an hour later, “Chen? Chen ah! …Kim Jongdae!”

His eyes fluttered open like a princess or something. “Is it morning yet?”

“Oh way past that, let’s go.” I got out of the van with a sleepy Chen walking after me. Exo was already boarding. “Chen, come on!”

-A couple hours later-

Luhan, Xiumin, Chen, Tao and Kris were completely energized after the flight. How? I have no clue. Freaking aliens. Lay and I were so jet lagged; we took forever to walk to the new place. Even the manager got there before us and that guy’s out of shape!

I stopped walking after 30 minutes, I was about to drop! I pulled out my phone and looked at the time, it was nearly 8 and we skipped lunch because of the flight. Lay stopped a few steps ahead of me. “Leila?”

I looked up. “Yeah?”

“You okay?”

“I’m fine.” I yawned. Fine my , I’m exhausted and starving!

He walked over and grabbed my hand. For a few seconds, I swear there was like a charge of electricity as our fingertips touched. “We only have 2 more blocks, let’s go!” He smiled. That angelic dimple boosted my mood. I nodded and walked with him. My hand reached my cheek. Why don’t I have a dimple? It's not fair! I've always wanted one! Humph.

When we got to the house, all the rooms were taken except this one room. So guess what, Lay’s my roommate! Luhan, Kris and Xiumin were in a room while Chen, Tao and the manager had a room. I walked into our room and noticed our luggage all piled up. I turned around to see Lay, “You wanna unpack first or…”

He chuckled, “Ladies first.” He winked. “I’m gonna make something, you hungry?”

I raised my eyebrow. “What do you think?”

“No? Okay!” He started skipping out into the hallway. I started whining, “Lay!!”

He peeked back in, “How does fired rice and wonton soup sound to you?”

“Perfect.” I grinned.

Lay

“Where are you going?” Kris questioned me as I put on my shoes.

“Food. Leila and I are hungry.”

Xiu min gasped, “Can you get me baozis?”

I chuckled, “Get it yourself!”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Being so mean to your geges.”

Tao just got up and pulled his shoes on, “I’m going!”

The others got up, and then sat back down. “Nah I’m good, kimchi ramen is bad enough. Manager hyung’s gonna kill us if he finds out we had ramen.”

Just then, our manager walked out of his room. 

“Speaking of him…” I mumbled, I grabbed Tao and ran out the door before manager could figure that we were getting junk food.

 

I sneaked back into the house about 30 minutes later. I brought wonton soup and fried rice while Tao just went insane buying this and that in a hello kitty shop. Oh God, what the hell did Kris do to you, Tao?

Manager was already asleep by the time I got home, it was nearly midnight. Leila was in our room unpacking this and that. “Put your stuff away if you don’t mind. That draw is yours and your shoes are in that closet.” I looked around, she’s so organized.

“Thanks.” I said. I was surprised; I’ve never seen my room this neat before.

“There’s another problem.” She put her hands on her waist.

“And that is?”

Leila pointed to the king sized bed behind her, “One bed…”

I bit my lip, “Guess we’ll be sleeping together.” I grinned.

“You don’t mind?”

“Well do you?”

She shook her head, “Guess not.”

 

We ate the food I got and talked about ourselves for an hour or two. It was 2 in the morning when we decided to shower and sleep. Did I ever tell you how good Leila looks in a tank top and short shorts? D-Damn.

By the time I was done showering, Leila was already fast asleep on her side of the bed. I snuggled in and pulled the blankets to cover her shoulders. I couldn’t sleep so well that night, Leila’s pretty face was in front of me the whole time. I couldn’t stop staring at her long eyelashes. I couldn’t stop brushing her hair out of her face when it fell.Ya know, she's pretty cute when shes fast asleep. 


C o m m e n t!!