Chapter 11

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 11; My Immune System Hates Me

Narrator

Leila woke up in the middle of the night when she felt very warm for some reason. She sat up and untangled herself from Lay's arms. Since they got a bit closer over the past few months, Leila didn't mind when Lay wanted to use her as a giant teddy bear. Sometimes, Leila would even hug him back.

"Huh...is it me or is it really hot?" She mumbled to herself. Leila's hand reached to touch her forehead. Nope...I'm fine. She thought to herself. Oh wait, if it isn't me...then... She turned to look at Lay. Leila touched his forehead and gasped, he was burning up. She gently tried to shake him awake, instead, Lay just groaned and turned over to sleep. Leila sighed and pulled the covers over his shoulders. So much for that friendly date. She thought. But...on the bright side, I get to take care of Lay!!  Leila chuckled and slipped back under the covers. I am such a loser

 

When morning came, Leila's alarm went off when it was nine o' clock. She flew up and turned it off. Lay groaned when he opened his eyes and the rays of sunlight hit him. She closed the shades and sat next to Lay pulled the blankets over him. "Shh...Shh...Lay go back to sleep." She mumbled. 

"What time is it?" He whispered. 

"It's still really early..." She lied. 

 

Leila got up and walked out of the room. She closed the door behind  her and went into the kitchen. Tao was already there making breakfast. "Whoa, you can cook?" 

He looked over at Leila and nodded. "Well kinda... I guess you can say I know the basics. We were playing rock paper scissors and the loser had to cook breakfast." He waved the spatula up in the air. "Yay..." 

Leila laughed at Tao's appearance. He was wearing a headband to keep his red hair away from his face. "Tao is that my head band?" 

"Eh? It's yours? Kris gave it to me..." Tao touched the bright pink headband on his head then shrugged. "I could've figured, why would Kris own anything pink in the first place?" 

Leila chuckled. "Kris owning pink things? That I could imagine." She took out a pot and started taking out ingredients to make chicken noodle soup and porridge. "Rice......noodles....chicken broth....Tao where's the left over chicken? I cut it up and put it in a green bowl the other night." She said as she looked around. 

"Erh Leila, the fridge...not the cabinets." He chuckled. "Whats all this for anyway? Isn't that for porridge and the chicken stuff for soup? Are you sick?" Tao reached over to touch Leila's forehead.

She shook her head no. "Lay is... I guess I'm stuck with him all day. Haha." 

Tao raised his eye brows in a suggestive manner. "Have fun with that." He winked. 

Leila rolled her eyes and started making porridge. I guess Lay could have chicken noodle soup for lunch...or dinner...or when ever he eats. Do sick people eat? Yeah of course they do you bimbo! 

 

After breakfast, Leila sat crossed legged on the couch watching a movie as the boys ran around the dorm. She looked like a little kid with her hair in a French braid down her back. Leila looked innocent and young with her makeup less face. Chen was putting on his shoes when he looked up. He paused for a second when he noticed how beautiful she was when she didn't wear any make up, he also noticed that she looked so cute even if she was wearing a simple outfit like a t'shirt and short shorts. "Are ya going anywhere?" He finally said. 

Leila shook her head. "Lay's sick, I'm staying home with him." 

"Well, have fun with that." He forced a smile and walked out of the door. Kris flew out of no where trying to put his shoes on. "Where's Lay? Haven't seen him all morning." 

"Sick...? Where are you guys going?" 

"Aww, poor baby." Kris chuckled. "To be honest, I have no clue. Today's our free day; we rarely get days off! So I have no idea where we're going. Sometimes, we just wonder out into the city and go here and there just to relax, ya know?" 

Leila waved. "Have fun..." 

 

Before she knew it, the boys were out! Leila was alone with Lay. She was watching TV when she heard Lay croak. "Leila?"

She got up and walked into her room. Lay was sitting up in the middle of his bed buried in blankets. "Oh my God, our date...Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" He mumbled.

"Because we aren't going." Leila simply said.

"Huh?"

She the lights and Lay sunk into the blankets. "Oh my head...ow..."

"You're sick..." She started. "I woke up in the middle of the night and you were burning up!" 

"Aw...I'm sorry we can't go anywhere." Lay pouted. Leila chuckled and sat down to pinch his cheek. "Well, you sir, you're stuck at home with me. You have a fever, you think I'll let you go any where? And besides, who needs to go out to have fun?" 

Leila walked over to a closet they shared, she opened it and dug through Lay's hoodies and pulled out a purple one. "Wear this! You hungry? I made you porridge." 

Lay pulled the hoodie on and sunk into the blankets. "I'm to tried to walk." He whined. 

"Alright alright, Mr.Yixing." Leila called him by his real name as she walked out and came back in with a bowl of porridge. 

"Do you want me to feed you too?" Leila laughed.

Lay nodded. "If I take my hands out of the blankets I'll freeze to death then I'll get hypothermi-" Leila shoved a spoonful of porridge into his mouth. "Just eat.." 

 

After eating, Lay went back to sleep. Well, at least he tried to. "Leila..." He mumbled. 

Leila sat next to him. "Lay..." She responded back. 

"I can't sleep...but I'm very tried." He pouted. Leila got up and took out her guitar. "What are you doing?" Lay looked up. 

"When I was little, my cousin always played the guitar for me when I was sick..." She said as she started playing a song that reminded her of her childhood. 

After playing, she realized it didn't help Lay with sleeping. "Eh...you're not sleeping... I need a lullaby." 

Lay shook his head. "I'd rather watch you play then sleep." 

Leila smiled then continued to play a song that reminded her of Lay. Then she started playing a song that she mastered back in high school. Although it brought back bad memories, she played it anyway. There was something about Lay that always made her happy. 

Lay smiled song after song. "Leila, you're amazing..." He started.

She looked up and caught eye contact with him. They stared at each other for a while before they heard the door open. Someone was back. Leila stood up and put her guitar down. "I'll...I'll see who that is..." She stuttered.

Chen was back to get something, this idiot left his phone at home! "Hey Le...Why's your face all red?" 

"Um...I just had a staring contest with Lay..." She blushed at the memory as her hands touched her flushed cheeks. 

"Oh...So who won?" Chen tried to hide his jealousy. Unfortunately he failed, Leila could see that his mood was brought down. 

"Uh... I guess Lay did." She awkwardly giggled. 

Chen nodded and grabbed his phone. "See ya tonight..." He mumbled.

 

Leila tilted her head. What's with him? She asked herself. Leila looked at the time, it was three o'clock. Maybe Lay should eat something... She went into the kitchen and heated up the chicken noodle soup earlier. She was still a bit bothered, Chen, why was he so awkward? He seemed fine until she mentioned Lay. 

She puffed up her face and brought the soup to Lay. She sat down and absent mindedly fed him. Eventually, Lay sat up and took the bowl away from her. "You okay? It looks like something bothering you." Lay finally spoke up as he put the bowl down.

"Um...I'm fine." She looked down. "I'm okay... Let me check your temperature.." Leila touched his forehead with one hand and her forehead with the other. "At least your fever went down..." She mumbled. 

Lay grabbed her wrist as she stood up. "Leila...wait. What's wrong?" 

She shook her head. "Nothing, I'm fine...really." Leila grabbed the bowl and went into the kitchen. She turned around and Lay was behind her zipping up his hoodie. "Lay...What are you doing out of bed?"

"I'm fine. I'm feeling better, thanks to you. Hehe." He giggled and Leila's hearted melted when she noticed his adorable dimple. 

She turned back to the dishes, her whole body jumped when the cold water splashed onto her hands. "Gah!"

Lay rested his head on her shoulder. She's so cute when shes surprised. He thought to himself. "What's wrong?" Lay giggled.

"Eh? The water was warm a second ago!" 

Leila was so shocked by the sudden outburst of cold water that she didn't feel Lay wrap his arms around her waist. 

They stood there in silence for a few minutes when the door busted open. "Aish! I'm gonna burst! Where are my keys! Sweet Jesus! My bladder! Oh...Come on which key is it...? YES.....THE BATHROOM." Xiumin busted through the door, when he saw them hugging in the kitchen he screamed. "HOLY CRAP."