Chapter 12

He said his name was Lay

Chapter 12; Misunderstandings Galore

Narrator

Leila gasped when Xiumin walked in. "HOLY CRAP."

"Uh Xiumin I can expl-"

"NO TIME TO TALK, I REALLY GOTTA PEE." He ran into the bathroom. 


"L-Lay go to our room please." Leila stuttered. A sleepy Lay rubbed his eyes and wobbled to his room. 

 

Xiumin walked out drying his hands with a paper towel, he sat Leila down and tapped his finger on the table for every word he said as he looked her in the eye. "I.told.you.so.I.TOLD.YOU.SO."

"What are you-"

"Lay likes you! Aigoo! You like him too! Gosh, just confess already! This is the longest love story I've witness, sweet Jesus! You like him, he likes you, no one else likes you, no one else likes him; THIS IS PERFECT. Just confess, one of you! Then bam! There'll be one less lonely girl."

"Xiumin what are you talking abou-"

"Leila do you like Lay?" 

Completely forgetting that Lay was down the hallway, Leila answered with a sigh. "Fine I do...I like him okay? YOU LITTLE BAOZI." She grabbed his ear. "KEEP THIS A SECRET." 

"How can I? You just screamed! Everyone here in China could hear you!" 

Leila bit her lip and returned to doing dishes. I swear Xiumin, tell anyone and I'll slaughter you. She thought to herself. 

 

Lay who was about to fall asleep, heard Xiumin and Leila talking. She...she likes me back. Lay thought to himself with a smile. 

Damn right she likes you back.

N-Narrator? 

WHO ELSE.

Ugh, hey.

Okay, I have 5 minutes before Author-Nim notices that I'm not narrating the story, so listen up you little .

Hey that was mean-

it up and listen to me.

O-Okay.

Leila likes you and you are obviously crushing on her back. You freaking hug her every day in her sleep, watch her put on make up, watch her play guitar. Your heart beats faster when you see her brush her hair out of her face. You like it when you're alone with her in the practice room. You like it when you crack jokes because you get to hear her giggles. You like it when she cooks, you get jealous when you see her and Chen fooling around in the kitchen because you wish it was you. The first time you saw her; you were in awe. You were speechless when you first met her. Lay. Mr.Zhang Yixing, you're in love with Leila goddammit. Don't make this more difficult than it is, go confess to her...

But I can't-

ARE YOU TOO SHY.

Shut up.

HEY. I'M THE ONE WITH THE SCRIPT HERE OKAY. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. SO BE A MAN AND CONFESS, TREAT HER RIGHT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES. 

R-Right.

Go get her!

Hey narrator? 

(-.-) What, have I not explained and revealed enough? 

No... Thanks. 

Lay smiled and decided to confess to Leila by the end of this very day. He needed too! Who knows who he'll lose too.

He came out of his room and Xiumin flew up. "Uh...I think I'll take a nap."
 

Lay nodded and watched as Xiumin lock himself in his own room. "Leila?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you busy tonight?"

"No...Not really." 

"Uh, mind meeting me at the balcony at midnight?" 

"No it's fine, I'll see you there.."

Lay nodded and blushed as he walked back to his room. Step one, complete!  He smiled.

 

That evening, after dinner, Chen and Leila was all alone in the kitchen doing the dishes. It was 11:30, the boys came home late so everyone had a late dinner. Exo M played rock papers scissors to decide who would do the dishes, this time, Leila and Chen were the losers.

"Leila.." Chen started.

"Yeah? ...Chen?" 

"There's something I've always wanted to tell you." 

"Go on..."

"Um, well, I've like you since the start..." Chen put his dish down and looked at Leila.

"Chen...I..." 

Chen continued talking. "I've always like you since the day we met...I've always wanted to tell you this but I guess I never found the right time. Leila..." 

Leila took a deep breath and put her plate down too. "Chen...I'm sorry, I can't accept your confession. I don't feel the same way...I like you a lot as a friend but that's...it." 

Chen nodded. "I-I understand." He mumbled before giving Leila a kiss on the cheek.

 

Lay was on his bed as he waited for the time to pass He was going to confess to Leila in 25...................24................23 minutes. That's when it came to him, was it cold outside? He got up and walked out into the hallway, on his way to the balcony door, he stopped and froze when he saw Chen kissing Leila. His heart dropped and shattered into a million pieces. Chen...beat me. He thought sadly to himself before walking back to his room with his head down.

 

"C-Chen!" Leila gasped.

"Sorry, I...couldn't help myself." He chuckled as he scratched his head.

Leila touched her cheek. "Its fine...Chen I'll finish the rest of the dishes, you can go sleep, we're busy tomorrow." 

Chen nodded and began to walk away, he turned back. "Hey Leila? Can we just forget all of this?"

She smiled and thumbed him up. "Of course."

"If anything, Lay's really lucky to have you." 

 

Lay...Lay...Oh right! Leila finished up the dishes and grabbed her phone as she wlaked out onto the house's balcony. She sat there for a while before doubting that Lay will come.

She looked at the time.

Lay's coming, just give him a few minutes, hes forgetful.

He's probably in the bathroom.

He'll be here soon.

Did he remember? Of course he did, he was the one that planned this! 

Lay? Are you coming? 

Oh he'll be here in a few.

Leila's thoughts wondered as she sat on the balcony looking up at the stars, little did she know, Lay was cooped up in his room sulking. 

She sighed and fell alseep at 3 when she realized Lay wasn't coming.


D'aww! I hate misunderstandings like this!

-Comment ^^