Sunflower Truth

Love You Once More

"She has a boyfriend." Min Woo told dongwan as he packed his clothes, preparing for his discharge.
"So you are sad right now?" asked Dongwan.
"don't make it sound that bad. I just treat her as a friend."
"Then, no need to look so disappointed. Contradicting enough." "Lets go." 

Min Woo had an additional week of rest thanks to his sunbae.

"Sunbae, I'm really sorry about the performance." Min woo talked over the phone with his sunbae, on his way back.
"it's ok, anyway the performance was splendid, you should have seen your hoobae. Knowing that you were hurt, he trained very hard to give his best."
"Convey my thanks to him. I appreciate so much." Min woo expressed his thanks towards his team.

"So you got a week rest, what are you going to do throughout the week?" asked Dongwan.
"Stay at home. what else?"
"Oh, come on, lets party or something?"  "NO" he flatly declined.

***

They finally reached home. They were busily bickering about Bora. Dongwan has his own opinions towards Bora which Min Woo disagreed.

"hey, there's something at the doorstep." Dongwan picked it up.
"What's that?" asked Min Woo.
"I dunno. It seems like a note." Dongwan flipped open the letter.

"Min Woo-sshi,

I'm from the flower shop. I realized in my records that you currently have an ongoing order and the person you liased with was my mum. But my mum had since retired recently and I wish to ask you if you are still going to continue with the order. I tried to call you but I can't seem to get through. Will it be better if you drop by at my shop if you see this letter. Thanks."

"Since when you visit to a flower shop?" Dongwan asked.
"I never went, not even once. But..but that's my name, isn't it? Strange."  Min Woo flipped it behind and saw the shop address imprinted at the corner of the paper.
"I'll enquire about this tomorrow." He slipped the letter in his pocket.

***

That night, he kept staring at the letter.

"Flowers?" he thought. "I never dated nor give any flowers to anybody before NOR even went to such place." "But it wrote my name, it's not a case of mistaken identity?"
His phone vibrated. He peeked over to realized he received a message from Bora. He quickly sat up and grabbed his phone.
"Hey there, congrats on your discharge & I still forget to bring along your handkerchief. Hope to see you again soon." 
That simple message was enough to drive Min Woo to sleep. 

The next day, Min Woo went to the shop.

'"Hi, I got this letter from you yesterday." He handed over the letter to the shopowner.
"Ahh, finally you've come. Where's Lee Min Woo-sshi?" she asked.
"I'm Lee Min Woo." he said.
"Sir, don't joke with me. It was stated here that Lee Min Woo-sshi first order was close to 25 years ago. It can't be you." Her explanation hit him by surprise.
"25 years ago? That man is called Lee Min Woo??" He wanted to confirm again.
"Yes, that's right."
"Then, to whom he sent those flowers to?" He asked.
"I'm not too sure. Because, all these while, it has been my mum who wrote those messages." 
"May i know the address he sent to?"
"How are you related to Min Woo-sshi?" 
"I'm his kin. His son, probably..." Fortunately, she didn't hear the what he said at the end.
"Ok wait a minute." "Ok here's the address."
"Maybe you can just continue with the sending of flowers. I have no qualms about it. I mean, yeah my father." Min Woo have no choice but to admit he's a son to a person of the same name. "Anyway, thanks."

***

Min Woo reached the apartment. When he was going to knock on the door, someone opened the door.
"Nae?" A manly voice answered as he opened.
Min Woo looked at him while he looked at him.
"Who are you looking for?" the man asked.
"Umm, I'm looking for someone who has been receiving sunflowers from a person called Lee Min Woo." he said.
"OH, you mean my mum? But who are you?" the man asked.
"I'm sorry but I'm late for an appointment. You may come another day." He closed the door and rushed off.
"What a luck." he murmured.

He took the lift down. This whole thing puzzled him so much.
"Someone who send flowers, with same name as me..."
"He lived there before Dongwan moved in."
Without realizing the door has already open, he was still in deep thought.
"Min Woo-sshi?"
It was Bora.
"Bora-sshi?"
"What are you doing here?" Bora asked with a smile.
"I'm just visiting someone upstairs. What are you doing here?" he asked back.
"I live here, on the 9th floor." Min Woo stepped out of the lift.
"9th floor? I was on that floor just now. I'm enquiring something. I'm finding someone who has been receiving sunflowers from someone." Min Woo.
"Sunflowers? Perhap, did you just go to my house? Because my mum always received sunflowers every year on her birthday." Bora revealed.
"Perhaps, if you can tell me what's your mum's name?" Min Woo was anticipating that.
"Yoon Bora."

For all he knew next, his asthma started to act up.
"MIn Woo-sshi? Are you ok? Min Woo-sshi??"
He curled up as he clutched his chest, trying to grasp for air.
"My..my inhaler..here" Min Woo instructed her to take the inhaler from his bag.
"Fasterr!" MIn Woo quickly took the inhaler as soon as he saw and put it in his mouth. He took few deep breath before he was able to breathe normally.
"Feeling better? You don't look good. Let's go upstairs. I'll pour you a cup of water." Bora guided him up.