A visit to the Past

Love You Once More

Meanwhile, Dongwan, who was unable to sleep, was cleaning the whole house to make himself busy while waiting for Minwoo to come back.

"It's already 12 yet he's not back yet. Can't get through him too." He mumbled to himself as he was mopping the floor. 
"This house need a thorough cleaning. No wonder his asthma didn't get better these days." 

***

Bora was sitting outside the emergency room while Eric could only sat few seats away as he occasionally glanced at her.
"Bora.."
"Dont talk to me." she snapped.
"Bora!" She looked up to see her brother Junjin. She ran towards and ended up in his embrace as she cried again. Eric stood up and looked at her for a while before he walked off, leaving 2 of them behind. Hyorin followed him. But their steps were interrupted by the arrival of 2 police officers.

"We received news that there's an accident." one of the officers said.
He looked at Hyorin. "Sir, she's the one who is responsible for all this. She's the culprit behind this." Hyorin looked at him. Her eyes welled up with tears. "Me and the woman over there are the witnesses. We saw her trying to run us down but the victim saved us." He explained.

"You.." Eric looked at her. "I've told you. Be responsible of your own actions." One of the officers guided her over to their side. As they were about to leave, Eric called one of them. "If there's anything, please call me." He wrote his number on a piece of paper and gave it to him. He glanced at her as they escorted her out the building.

he turned around to see Bora was still in her brother's embrace with the endless crying. He couldn't do anything at that moment. At that time, he asked himself for the very first time. He wondered how someone like Bora ended up with a person like him. Then, he heaved a sigh of relief at the thought that they have already broken up. He quietly walked away.

***

"what is this?" Dongwan stumbled upon something as he was clearing Minwoo's room. Previously when they moved in years ago, they did not throw away the old furniture such as they didn't have that mouch money to buy new ones. There's a gap in between the wall and the wardrobe and dongwan happened to clear that area and both of them didn't ever notice it too.

"no wonder his asthma didn't get better. There's still dust here!" He took the vacuum and the dust off the ground.  "Oh? What is that?"  He peeked through the hole and discovered something that looked like a box. His arm entered through the narrow space to reach for it.

"a box?" He sat on his bed as he blew the dust off the box before opening it. "Ouh, papers." Then, he saw a picture buried under those small tattered papers. "Who is this?" He leaned closer. His eyes widened slightly. "That's...Minwoo. Aniya, it's impossible. This picture look so old." His eyes shifted to the person standing beside Minwoo. "BORA-SSHI?" His mouth gaped open slightly. "This is weird. Impossible. What in the world. This box was there for a long time." he said. He flipped over the picture. There was a writing at the bottom right. "1994. Our very first picture." Then he recalled that time when the person from the flower shop said that there was someone with same name as Min Woo who lived here before. "But I don't expect that he looks exactly  the same too." he murmured. He looked at those tattered papers. He saw written words on it but couldn't decipher. He sat on the floor and took out all those papers, hoping to piece them back together.

***

eric looked out of the window as he pondered over the accident and Bora's tears for Minwoo.

"Give up on her." He was startled to hear someone's voice suddenly. He turned to see a fine young man sitting on the chair near the vending machine.

"who are you?" He asked. Eric found it strange to start a conversation with a stranger. Andy just smiled.

"Come, sit here. I want to talk to you." he said. Strangely, Eric adhered to what he said.

eric looked at him. "Who are..you?

andy placed his hand on top of his. The next moment, he found himself in a familiar yet strange place. He was still in the hospital but he felt it gave off an old vibe. He looked around in denial. "Where am I?" he repeated asked Andy but he didn't answer him.

he turned his head to him suddenly. "Where did you just bring me to?! Did we just teleport or something? He sounded scared.

"Don't worry, follow me." said Andy. Erc looked around. The hospital was bustling since it was in the daytime but he realized that nobody was able to see him even though he tried to get their attention.

andy entered a room. "Who's room did we just go in? asked Eric. Eric looked in front as he saw a person lying on the bed with all kinds of wires and tubes attached to his body.

"Isn't that me?" Eric asked while looking at Andy. He nodded.

"But how could it be? I've never been hospitalized before." A while later, he finally realized the truth. "He..he's my past life? he asked.

Andy nodded again. 

"You were Bora's father. I guessed bora did tell you about her father looked similar to you." He said.

Since they were in the ICU ward, nobody was able to visit him at that time. There's a big window for the visitors to look at the patient from a certain distance. And then, Eric realized someone was there.

"Minwoo?" he said.

he looked at Minwoo who was praying for Eric. "He's praying for you." said Andy. He continued to observe him.

minwoo opened his eyes. He came nearer to the window and leaned against it as he uttered something.

"Eric-sshi, I hope that you will pull through this surgery. Never mind about me.  I guess in the end the one who can give Bora happiness is you. Please promise me. I don't want her to end up in tears. No matter what, you are the one she loves. Not me."

"You are going to have a transplant and Minwoo was the one who saved you. If he didn't pull through this surgery, you might not been born and able to meet Bora." Andy explained. Eric continued to look at Minwoo. A feeling of remorse swept across him.

He couldn't express in words what he was feeling right back then. He didn't expect that in order to understand the current situation, he needed to reflect back onto his past.

"his love was and is greater than mine." He said to Andy without looking at him. He looked down. "Now, I feel I don't deserve Bora's love." he added. "He sacrifices for the sake of his love for Bora and I don't remember doing that for her. In fact, I brought her more tears than laughter." By that time, both of them returned back to the present time.

"You might be wandering why Bora have to meet you in this lifetime but ended up not becoming your life partner. Why must everything involves you when it's just between Bora and Minwoo. The reason is because you were and always be a part of these two people's lives. Intertwined, i suppose. Something that's been decided and it's not within you nor mine hands to alter it. Before he passed on, he said that if he's reincarnated once again, he wanted to fall in love with her once more and I granted his wish. I'm glad that this time he gotten what he asked for." said Andy.

"Forget her. HIs love for her is impeccable and strong. They are meant for each other. This is something that was arranged. The only thing you can do now is to bless both of them and sincerely let her go." he said. Eric was still facing down, looking at the ground as he recounted his moments with Bora, thinking whether he should let her go.

he looked up just to see no one was there, only the chilling wind brushing against him.