Fragments

Love You Once More

He recalled one of the memories of the old Min Woo accompanied Bora during her grandma's funeral.

"I can't be there for her even if I go now." he mumbled to himself.
"Ya, Min Woo. Feeling better?" Dongwan appeared.
He nodded slightly.
"You went for the funeral?" he asked. Dongwan nodded.
"Bora looked sad. She was teary all the time. Luckily, her brother was there for her." he said.
"I should be by her side now. Really. I'm feeling bad now." He gave a slight cough.
"You are not well. Rest more. Things happened concurrently. I know it's hard on you." Dongwan sounded relatable.
"You sound so kind. Why the sudden change of tone?" he asked, raising one eyebrow.
Dongwan stuttered. Min Woo began to .
"Hoho! I know. You felt guilty right? For shouting and scolding me yesterday & I collapsed in front of you was enough to make you feel scared right?" He popped up his head and looked at him. Dongwan turned away, embarassed.
"You know..um..you are my friend for so long. Um...I was scared." he said.
"Awwwww, Dongwan honey. I think you deserve a kiss. Want?" Min Woo joked.
"YA, don't tease me anymore. Aish, this kid." he said.

Min Woo laughed.

"Thanks. At least I know that there's still someone care for me in this kind of situation." Min Woo held his arm. Dongwan smiled.

***

"Oppa, did you find it?" Both were searching for the tape their mum had mentioned & in the end, they turned the room into a mess.

"Found it?" she asked again.
"Nope. Bloody tape." he cursed.
"Aish oppa, why are you cursing at this.." BOra seemed to spot something.
"What's that box?" she pointed at medium-sized box situated under the cupboard. Junjin took and opened it.

Both sat on the bed as they went through the stuff in the box.
"There's like letters...umm pictures of mum and dad at their graduation." Bora took the picture from him.
"We really look alike." She said.
"Remember dad always said that." Junjin smiled.
Junjin browsed through an old yet well-kept letter.

"Who gave mum that letter?" Junjin was reading to himself.
"...your sincerely Lee Min Woo." He looked at her.
"HE sent this letter." he said.
"Oppa, then he's the one who sent mum sunflowers every year on her birthday." she guessed.
"But, if he's a friend of mum, it's so weird there's no pictures of him." he said.
"He's not photogenic I guess. Ugly maybe?" Her words caused a tiny laughter among themselves.
He finally found that tape.
"I hope this tape still works." He inserted the tape in the player.

When the clip started, both were quite shocked as they discovered the Min Woo their mum has been saying, looked the same as the Min Woo they knew.

"Oppa.." Bora could not take her eyes of the tv.
Bora suddenly recalled the time when Min Woo said he had Lee Min Woo memories.
"I know what you are going to say. They just look...the same." His mouth gaped open.
"It can't be. They exist in different time. The current Min Woo cannot be the Min Woo my mum knew. He should be old by now..."
"No..Min Woo said he passed away after a transplant. For my father." she continue to be in deep thoughts.
"But, how come mum denied that he's Min Woo when he came the other time? Omo, I'm getting confused." she thought again.

"Thinking about Min Woo?" he asked.
"Aniya.." she replied.

He sat closer to her. "So you have told him? The breakup." he asked.
"He betrayed me. I felt that I did a correct decision." she said.
"Are you sure?" he asked.
"I guess so...Honestly oppa, I don't know. I mean.. I want to believe him yet, I've seen everything." she choked back her tears.

"I'm not trying to win any sides but I suggest that you think again. Maybe what you see is not what you think." he said.
"It seemed that you try to make him sound like a good guy." she said.
"Isn't he? Honestly, Bora. I've never seen you so happy like this since you knew him." He put his arm around her shoulder.
"And I really love that boy, oops. I mean that guy. I adore him for being so down-to-earth." he added.
"Oppa, you sounds like you are gay. Are you?" She turned her head facing him.
"I'm 100% naturally a man, my dear sister. I'm sure you don't want a man to be your sister-in-law." He blinked once.
"Oppa, that's gonna be disgusting, okay?" She broke into tiny smile.
"Reflect everything and think properly before you made any decisions. I believe in what you decide." he said. He gave a slight tap on her shoulder before he left the room.

***

"Ya, Min WOo, where are you? You are supposed to be resting at home." Dongwan called him as MIn Woo was not back the whole day.
"I'm find, dude. I'm just taking a walk." He looked upwards.
"Don't tell me you are outside her house?" Dongwan knew what his friend was doing.
"Her room light is still on. I just want to see her, even from afar." he said.
"Ya, chingu.." Min Woo hung the call.

Min Woo continued to look upwards, hoping Bora to appear by the window.

"Appear..don't appear..appear..don't appear." He kept muttering those words, waiting for at least something to happen.

"Bora, I saw Min Woo downstairs. He kept staring at your side. He want to see you perhaps." Junjin informed her.
"Oppa, help me switch off the light. I don't want to see him. No." Bora refused to meet him.

Then, the lights went out. Min WOo was disappointed that she didn't appear. He missed her so much these days that he kept popping over, waiting outside her apartment till midnight.

Meanwhile, in the dark lit room, Bora stood behind the curtains as she watched him left the compound with a heavy heart.

"mianhae, I don't want to do this either..."