The Forgotten Past

Love You Once More

"Look! His fingers are moving."
Dongwan, Bora and Junjin smiled and teared up in joy. He's responding to his surroundings as he slowly opened his eyes. Doctors and nurses hovered over and asked him whether he could hear their voices.

"Blink your eye to indicate you got our response." said the doctor.
A few seconds later, he blinked his eyes. Dongwan, who was at the verge of crying, was smiling broadly to see Minwoo conscious and being responsive. Bora was crying in her brother's arms. Junjin too, was relieved that Minwoo has regained consciousness.

A while later, the doctor came out.

"He's out of danger. I guess next is just a road to recovery. Kind of a miracle, given that his condition was considered critical. I guess everybody's prayers able to reach him." 

***

"I'm going back America." Eric told Hyesung over the phone.
"What?? What about Bora?" He paused in the midst of packing his stuff. "Let her go."
"But, isn't this a good time to snatch her back?" he asked.
"Hyesung-ah, let's stop here. Honestly, I'm tired. To get back something that's not mine anymore." 
"But..."
"Minwoo deserves and loves her more than I do. That's the only thing I know and Bora is the one for him. No more buts...I'm not gonna change my mind." he said.

Eric sat on his bed. He recalled his meetup with Hyorin earlier on.

"I'm gonna give you a second chance but still you're gonna face the charges. Now, it's all up to Minwoo whether he's gonna land you in jail or just bail you out." he said.
"Oppa... I know I'm wrong.." Her face was looking at the table, ashamed to look at him.
"Hyorin, maybe we shouldn't meet at all in the first place. I know I've hurt you. I've hurt Bora. I've hurt the people that I loved and I don't want it to happen again." She looked up.
"Hyorin, whatever happens, live your own life. Don't think of me anymore." he added.
"Where...what about Bora?" she asked.
Eric gave a tiny smile. "She's better off with Minwoo."
"You don't want me anymore?" she asked.
"Give up on me. Like I told you previously. love can't be forced. Our relationship are history. Gonna say my farewell. Take care, Hyorin." 

***

Meanwhile it has been 2 days since he regained consciousness. Now, he's able to talk even though he couldn't move that much. Bora never failed to visit him every night after work.

"I'm here." She smiled.
Seeing her smile, he smiled too.
"Too bad, I can't get up and give you a kiss. I really want to do that." he pouted.
"That can wait till you recover." She sat by his bed.
She held his hand. "Oppa, I'm sorry. For misunderstanding you all these while."
"It's ok. I understood your feeling back then. I, too, was flustered over such thing. It happened to me without me knowing." he said.
"Beside that, remember the time when you said about your past life at the columbarium?" she asked.

Minwoo frowned a little.

"What past life? Did we ever talk?" he asked.
She thought maybe it slipped off his mind. "That time, you said about the past Minwoo donated his liver to my father. Remember?" she asked again.

But Minwoo didn't seem to get her point at all.

"Bora-ah, I really don't remember us talking about that. Don't scare me. What's about my past life and your father?" he asked.
At that time, it striked upon her that he might have forgotten his past. She decided to ask him again.

"Oppa, Dongwan-sshi said that you used to have dreams about a woman who looked like me. She kept calling your name." she looked at him intently.
"Hmm? Dongwan said that? Seriously, I don't know what are you talking about. Are you ok? Exhausted from work?" he asked.
She shook her head. She's sure that he has forgotten all about his past life & the moments he used to remember.

"He forgotten all his past life's events. I guess it's a good thing. Now I knew what he used to know. Something that I got in return. Again, fate plays a part again. It's time for us, to start afresh one more time. Loving each other once again."