9

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

IX

 

 

“This place looks…uh…nice,” said Baekhyun as he, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Sehun, Kai, Seyoon, and their parents entered the newly-bought house for the future-newly-wed couple.

“We know right. This place is just perfect. It is near your school. It perfectly fits the two of you,” said Mr. Kim.

“From now on, the two of you would live here. We already filled your refrigerator with food, other supplies are already there, furniture complete, anything else?” asked Mr. Jin.

“Why is this so…small?” asked Kai.

“What do you mean small? It’s just the two of you anyway,” said Mr. Kim.

“But Dad…When I go out of the room I could already see the living room, kitchen, and dining room all in one.”

“Come on, you’re not yet married. And don’t you like it? I mean the smaller, the closer…,” said the smiling Mr. Jin.

“But…” said Kai.

“No buts Kai. This place is okay, right Seyoon?” asked Mr. Kim.

“I don’t mind,” said Seyoon who was just standing at the corner not wanting to in in their conversation.

“See? Even Seyoon is alright with it. No more comments? Alright! We have to get going. We still have to attend a meeting. Bye guys!” said Mr. Kim and Mr. Jin. The boys and Seyoon bowed at them as they left the house.

Chanyeol approached Kai. “Come on, cheer up! You don’t need a big space. This place is enough. You don’t have to ride a car or bus anymore. Plus, we can hang out here sometimes, right Seyoon?”

“I don’t care. I’ll have to unpack. If you have anything you need, just knock at my room.” She went to her room and closed the door.

“Seyoon, I’ll come with you,” said Chanyeol.

“Yah, yah, yah! Where are you going? You’ll help me unpack. Besides, I don’t think she needs any help. You’ll just disturb her.” Chanyeol pouted at Kai.

“I’ll help her,” said Kyungsoo.

“Me too,” added Sehun. The two of them knocked at Seyoon’s door.

“Yes?”

“We’ll help you unpack.”

“Ah…alright. Come in,” she said.

Chanyeol felt jealous. “Yah, why didn’t you stop them? Why me?”

“Kai is right. You’ll just make a mess. Just help us here,” said Baekhyun.

---

“Thank you,” said Seyoon.

“Huh? It’s okay. Kai already has Chanyeol and Baekhyun to help him so we are here to help you,” said Kyungsoo smiling.

“Ah, not that. What I meant is that thank you for coming here today. I mean, you know…”

“We understand. We know it’s hard for the two of you,” said Kyungsoo. Seyoon just nodded.

“If you need any help, call us anytime,” said Sehun.

“I will,” Seyoon smiled at the two. “Shall we start?”

---

After 45 minutes of unpacking…

“I give up,” said Chanyeol.

“Babo!” Baekhyun hit his head. “Of course you would give up. Look what you’ve done. You just remove the stuffs from the box and they all clutter on the floor. I said to you earlier that you should open the box one at a time and put them on the empty shelves. Aish!” said Baekhyun. “And you Kai, what are you doing there? Just lying on your bed…help us here, it’s your home, remember? Kai!”

“AHHHH!” Kai sat up and scratched his head. “This is still unbelievable. I mean look at this. This room is half the size of my room at home. And there isn’t much space to move. Ha! So unbelievable!”

“Well then,” Chanyeol sat beside him on the bed and put his arm around Kai. “WHY HAVE YOU AGREED ON THE MARRIAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!” Chanyeol shouted at Kai’s ear.

Kai pushed Chanyeol causing him to fall on the floor. “Yah! Don’t shout at me. There’s nothing I could do. Besides, Krystal told me to.”

“Krystal? Krystal already knew?” said the frantic Chanyeol.

“That’s my reaction too when he said that to me,” said Baekhyun.

“Yes. And she told me not to contend against my parents’ decision.”

“Wah, that’s weird. But saying it to her, won’t that cause any problem? I mean a possibility of confrontation between her and Seyoon. If you know what I mean…” said Chanyeol.

“No, that’s impossible to happen. I know Krystal. She won’t do anything like that. Besides, Seyoon already told me that she won’t meddle in our relationship.”

Chanyeol sat beside Kai again and wrapped his arms around him. “Ahh Jongin-ah, I never thought you’re in such a complicated situation.” He then whispered to Kai’s ear, “I am hungry, please serve us food,” while poking Kai’s cheek.

“Get off of me! Just eat whatever is inside the refrigerator. You all know that I don’t know how to cook. Aish!”

“Yah! I haven’t had breakfast because we accompany you here early. And it’s almost lunch time. I’m so hungry!” Chanyeol kept whining on the bed like a child.

“Seyoon knows how to cook right, why don’t you tell her to cook for us?” suggested Baekhyun.

“What? Me? Tell her to cook? No way!” complained Kai.

“Yah! Didn’t we tell you to communicate with her? If this simple thing of asking her to cook you can’t do, what kind of communication would you have in the future?” said Baekhyun.

“It was Chanyeol who said he was hungry. Tell her yourself.”

“No. I won’t help you. Ahh, I’m so hungry!”

“Aish!!!” Kai went outside and then in front of Seyoon’s room. He could hear it, their laughter. She could laugh with them but not with him.

“Those pictures are funny!” He could hear them.

“Okay, first step is communication. I can do this.” Kai took a deep breath. When he was about to turn the knob, the door suddenly opened. Kai was surprised to see Seyoon coming out. With the look of Seyoon’s face, she seemed surprised for a second then she went back to that emotionless face. She closed the door behind her.

“Do you need something?” Seyoon asked.

Sehun and Kyungsoo saw Kai outside. Without the two knowing, the four boys were actually behind the doors listening to their we-could-call conversation.

“Uh…”

“Come on Kai, speak,” said Chanyeol.

“What do you want?” asked Seyoon while going towards the kitchen.

“Huh?”

“You’re hungry, right? Besides, it’s almost lunch time. Anything you want?” said Seyoon as she opened the refrigerator.

“Fried chicken…” Kai said shyly without looking at Seyoon.

‘As expected,’ Seyoon thought to herself. “I’ll prepare it in 30 minutes.” Seyoon smiled at Kai.

‘Did she just smile at me?’ Kai thought. Kai gave a forced smile. “Okay,” he said as he opened his bedroom door and hurriedly went inside. “Wooh, that was weird.”

“What weird?” asked Baekhyun.

“She just…smiled.” Kai said while staring blankly on the floor.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

red bed - kai's room

blue bed - seyoon's room

credit: here