38

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

XXXVIII

 

 

“Have you talked to him?”

“Hmm?”

“To Luhan? Have you talked to Luhan?”

Seyoon swayed her head. There was no reason for her to deny it to Kai. After all, he was there; they were all there when Luhan saw the two of them, both in their wedding attire. And how she ran after him but she was stopped when their parents suddenly came.

That night, she sent him a series of text messages. She even called him a couple of times. But all she got were an empty inbox and unanswered calls.

When they went back to school today, she didn’t see him on the entrance where he used to wait for her. During their lunchtime, he was not in their usual table. So, she found herself losing the appetite to eat.

“I’m sorry,” Kai said to her.

“Hmm? Why?”

“I wasn’t able to do anything to help you,” Kai finally sat beside her.

“You don’t have to apologize. It’s my problem and it’s my fault. It’s my fault for not telling anything to him in the first place. I’m such a loser,” Seyoon said.

“Yes you are,” Kai .

“What?!”  Seyoon exclaimed, looking at Kai with wide eyes.

“Yes you are. It’s your fault for being such a kind lady, having that lenient smile, and that golden voice. It’s because you are beautiful both inside and out. There’s no reason that Luhan wouldn’t fall for you or any other man for that matter,” Kai said without a hint of sarcasm or joke.

Seyoon stared at him, mouth gaping and eyes blinking involuntarily. “What are you saying?” she said. She could feel blood rushing through her body. Her neck, ears, and cheeks flushed with his words.

“Seyoon, you’re turning red,” Kai said to her as he placed his hand on Seyoon’s forehead, making her gasped and moved backward a bit. “It’s a joke. You don’t have to be flattered,” Kai said to her with a serious face. “Did you take that seriously?”

“What? Of course not! I…I know it…it’s a joke. Pabo!” Kai couldn’t help but burst into laughter. “Why are you laughing?”

“Haha! I bet you take that seriously. Haha!” Kai didn’t stop laughing which made Seyoon blushed for more.

“Yah! It’s not a funny joke.”

“I know, but you are!”

“What?!” Finally, Seyoon smacked Kai on his shoulder, a little harder she thought.

“Woah! What is that? Did you just hit me?”

“Yes I did. Now stop laughing or else…” Seyoon said giving Kai a death glare.

“Haha! You’re cute.”

“And, no lame jokes!”

“But it’s true. You’re cute.” Kai said to her, smiling. Their eyes locked for a while before Seyoon averted her gaze somewhere and everything became silent.

“Whatever,” Seyoon said, breaking the momentary silence. “What are you doing here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to have lunch with Krystal?”

“Ahh…” Kai thought for a moment before he was able to answer. “Krystal says she has some things to do. So, I just came here to spend some time alone. Besides, who would know you are here on the rooftop, brooding about Luhan?”

“I’m not brooding. I just want some solitary time until you came and ruined it,” Seyoon .

“Oh, did I? Okay then, I think I’ll leave now,” Kai said as he stood up and was about to leave.

“Okay. See you,” Seyoon said without looking at him.

“What? You’re letting me leave?”

“Sure. Go ahead. I’ll stay here,” Seyoon said to him seriously.

“You’re unbelievable,” Kai said to her.

Suddenly, Seyoon felt a smile forming on her face until she couldn’t hold it anymore and let out a chuckle. “Haha! That’s a joke. Did you take that seriously? Aigoo…”

“Aish! Alright, since I think you’re already going crazy about this whole Luhan thing, I guess I’ll stay here with you. Who knows, you might jump over the edge anytime,” Kai said, resuming his place beside Seyoon.

“Whatever.”

“By the way, have you already eaten?”

“Ahh…of course!” Seyoon said although she knew she skipped lunch today. She hoped that her stomach won’t grumble while Kai was beside her.

---

 “Baekhyun-ssi, have you seen Kai?” Krystal asked Baekhyun who recently came back from the cafeteria.

“No, I didn’t. I thought he was having lunch with you,” Baekhyun said to her.

“No. He said he has some things to do. I thought he join you guys for lunch,” said Krystal.

Baekhyun swayed his head as Krystal went back to her seat. Their lunch was a little awkward today. Seyoon and Luhan weren’t there. Xiumin and Lay kept on calling Luhan but they got no response from him. It wasn’t until a few more minutes later that Luhan joined them during lunch. It was kind of awkward because Luhan would smile to his friends but he was avoiding eye contacts with the others. It was even more awkward when Xiumin asked where Seyoon was. Baekhyun thought that maybe Luhan had not said anything to his friends yet. Luhan didn’t move a bit upon hearing Seyoon’s name but he knew Luhan was not in his mood. In the end, Luhan left earlier even though he was the last one to join them.

‘I wonder how they will solve this problem,’ Baekhyun thought.

---

“Hahaha! Stop…stop telling those stories. I can’t…Haha!” Seyoon kept on laughing while she and Kai were going downstairs. The lunch time was almost over and all they did was to reminisce some of their funny experiences during their middle school days.

“It’s funny right. I really thought Taemin was a girl when I first saw him. We all had a bet on who will ask his name and Chanyeol won. When he asked for Taemin’s name, he came back with a huge shock on his face. Let me tell you, he was crying after class because he really liked Taemin that time. Oh, he was really funny,” Kai said. He himself couldn’t stop laughing.

“Really? Chanyeol said that you were the one who cried for Taemin,” Seyoon said to him.

“What?! That happy virus! I told him not to tell that to anyone,” Kai said angrily.

“So it’s true. Haha! Kai, you’re such a crybaby,” Seyoon .

“Whatever! He really looked like a girl.”

“I know,” she said as the two finally reached the floor to their classrooms. “I guess I will not talk to you again,” she said to him.

“Why? Did I do anything wrong?” Kai asked confusedly.

“Well, you just made my stomach hurt for almost an hour, not because I skipped lunch but because of laughing too much,” Seyoon said to him.

“Wait. Did you just say you skipped lunch?”

“I did? No! I didn’t say that,” Seyoon said, swaying her head anxiously.

“Yes you did. Aigoo…” Kai looked at his watch and find that there was still fifteen minutes left before the lunch time ends. “Let’s go,” he said as he grabbed Seyoon’s hand.

“Where? We’re already here. My classroom is right there.”

“No. We’re going to the cafeteria. We still have fifteen minutes left.”

“What? But I’m not hungry.”

“Yes you are. I heard it earlier.” Seyoon looked at Kai with a confused face. “Your stomach grumbled earlier. Do you think I didn’t hear that?”

Seyoon looked at him embarrassedly. She thought Kai didn’t notice it. ‘Was it that loud?’ she asked herself. “Wait! I can’t eat that fast,” she said.

“Yes you can. I know you. Let’s go!”

When Kai turned around, while holding Seyoon’s hand, he just bumped into someone totally unexpected. Kai apologized and looked up only to see Luhan’s surprised face. His gaze was locked on Kai and Seyoon’s entwined hands.

“Luhan…” Seyoon unconsciously let go of Kai’s hand and went to face Luhan. “Can I talk to you after class?”

“Sorry. I am quite busy these days, and the week after this, and a month maybe. Sorry,” Luhan said coldly as he went past the two but Seyoon and Kai could see hints of sadness and disappointment in his eyes.

Seyoon was about to follow him when Kai grabbed her hand and stopped her. “Just let him go. I think he still need some time alone. It’s better if you explain it to him when he’s ready. I don’t think he’s ready to accept any explanation now,” Kai said to her. Seyoon could see concerns on Kai’s eyes with a hint of pleading.

“Alright…” she replied. ‘Maybe Kai is right. I think I should give him some time to settle a bit,’ she thought.

“Let’s go. Now, you only have ten minutes to eat,” he said as they ran downstairs.

 

 

 

 

 


Expect more Kai-Seyoon moments.

 

Like a boss~ So hot! (source; tumblr)