12 - 3

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

XII - 3

 

 

~*~

Lights turned off. The audiences clapped thinking it was part of the show. Suddenly, the music played. No, it wasn’t the music he was expecting. It was not the rhythm that he was practicing. They were anticipating, waiting for him to come out. Yet he was there, trembling, conquered by his fear. It wasn’t even the clothes that he prepared for the show. Tears formed at the corner of his eye. This was not the stage he imagined himself to be. It became a nightmare to him. Just when he was falling into great humiliation, he was there. A smirk turned into a little laugh. He’s enjoying every bit of his fault. So he ran, leaving the people waiting, their expectations behind. His parents’ anticipation turned into confusion. It was after that that their son Kai decided to drop out of dance school.

---

Kai opened his eye only to notice that the sun has not set yet. He went home earlier than he usually does. He had been missing the practice of their dance club. He hasn’t talked to his friends for two days. And Seyoon…they never had an eye contact or exchange of words even though they were neighbors, and seatmates at school. He skipped lunch just to stay in the empty practice room. He admitted, he has been missing them, their laughter, their hanging outs, all about his friends. But he couldn’t approach them. He felt so alone. No matter how much he wanted to talk to Seyoon, he couldn’t. It was their first fight. And he also does not know how their first reconciliation would be.

Just this afternoon, he could hear their conversation. That Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Sehun would visit Seyoon’s house. How he wished he was also with them. ‘They must be there by now,’ he thought. Just a few houses away and yet he was stuck inside his own home.

---

“My parents would come home late. I am the only one here right now. Please make yourselves at home. We’ll start baking after I get the aprons from the stock room.” Seyoon left the boys alone in the kitchen.

“Who would’ve thought that this was Seyoon’s house? Before, we just visit Kai’s house. Now, we could visit two friends’ houses in one street,” said Baekhyun.

“Speaking of Kai, do you think it is time that we talk to him tomorrow? I am extremely worried about him. If we wait a little longer, we don’t know what might happen,” said Chanyeol.

“I am sorry if I drag you in our fight. It was originally our problem and now our whole friendship was affected,” said Sehun.

“You don’t have to say sorry. Our friends’ problem is our problem as well. We’ll help you no matter what happens,” said Kyungsoo.

“Right. Don’t be such a drama prince,” said Chanyeol as he poked Sehun’s cheek. Sehun glared at him. “Sorry…” Baekhyun and Kyungsoo just laughed at them.

Seyoon came back carrying the aprons and other utensils needed for the baking. “It’s still early. Let’s start now so we could finish early,” Seyoon smiled at them. Baekhyun and Sehun who were not really involved into this were obliged to help. Chanyeol was the most excited among them knowing that he would be able to taste Seyoon’s cooking. And Kyungsoo was the most confident considering that he dreamt of becoming a chef before.

While they were baking, the boys suddenly started talking about the exchange students.

“Hey, do you know that starting tomorrow the exchange students will officially merge with other classes?” said Baekhyun.

“Really? How did you know that?” asked Chanyeol. Baekhyun pointed Kyungsoo.

“Well as part of the student council, I’ve been hearing a lot about them,” said Kyungsoo.

“I guess it would be chaotic tomorrow knowing that those students would attract bunch of fans,” said Baekhyun.

“I know especially that guy with purple headphones. There’s too much arrogance in the air when he went out,” said Chanyeol.

“The guy with the purple headphones?” asked Seyoon.

“Oh I forgot, you weren’t there when the exchange students arrived. They are all boys from our sister school. They looked really different,” said Baekhyun.

“If I were you I wouldn’t get near them,” said Chanyeol. Kyungsoo and Sehun nodded at him.

---

Seyoon and Kai were still not talking during their first few classes. During lunchtime, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Seyoon left first to eat while Sehun and Baekhyun decided to stay. Just when Kai was about to leave…

“Kai…” said Sehun. “We wanted to talk to you.”

Kai returned to his seat while Sehun and Baekhyun sat near him. Before Sehun even started talking, “I am sorry,” said Kai. “I’ve been acting weird lately. It’s my entire fault.”

“No. I am sorry if I’ve been too insistent about the dance competition. You know, we all know how important that would be for us,” said Sehun.

“I know. I am sorry for not talking about it with you. I shouldn’t have made a hasty decision.”

“You know why I’ve created our dance group with you? It is because I believe in you and your dancing skills. I’ve never seen someone as dedicated to dancing as you are. All the members believe in you. I hope you should also believe in what you can do,” said Sehun.

“I am sorry.”

“Enough apologizing to us. You should think about you and Seyoon,” said Baekhyun. “You know that she’s only concerned about you. She’s following you around because she thought you might need someone to talk to.”

“I shouldn’t say anything bad to her that day. Now, I don’t know how to approach her and apologize.”

“That’s easy,” said Baekhyun. “In fact, she wanted me to give this to you.” Baekhyun handed her a medium-sized box.

Kai opened it and saw what’s inside, “Cake?”

Baekhyun nodded at him. “We baked cake yesterday. She made that especially for you,” said Sehun.

“You went to Seyoon’s house just to bake a cake?” asked Kai.

“It was Chanyeol’s idea. We couldn’t do anything else,” said Baekhyun.

Kai just looked at the small chocolate cake inside the box. It wasn’t perfectly covered with chocolate icing. And the decorations are quite messy. But he just looked at the writing on top, ‘Sorry’. It was perfectly written with white icing. “I should go and apologize to her,” he stood up and went to the cafeteria.

---

 

“Do you think he would eat the cake?” asked Seyoon to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

“Of course he would. Why wouldn’t he? You even wrote ‘sorry’ on top. I am sure he would accept it,” said Kyungsoo.

Seyoon lowered her head thinking of the cake she gave Kai. “Yah! Don’t think too much about it,” said Chanyeol as he poked Seyoon’s cheek. Seyoon nodded at him.

While they were talking, the students were suddenly shouting. Seyoon, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo extended their neck high just to see what the cause of such commotion is. They were there, the new students. Some of the students made a table clear for them to sit.

Kai, who was running towards the cafeteria, bumped into one of them. “I am sorry,” said Kai as he tried to stand. The guy he bumped into doesn’t even bother to lend him a hand but just stood there.

“Luhan?” said Kai as looked at the guy. Sehun came after him and helped him to stand up.

“You know me? But it’s my first time seeing you,” said the guy named Luhan.

“Maybe he’s one of your fans, a fanboy,” teased another guy who was standing behind Luhan.

“What are you saying Xiumin? A fanboy? I don’t know there’s one. If that’s the case, you are my first fanboy,” Luhan smiled at him.

“What? I am not your fanboy and never will be,” said Kai coldly.

Luhan just smiled at him. “Then how come you know my name?”

“You may not remember me but I’ll always remember what you did to me when we were still 9 years old.” (That was like 6 years ago assuming that they were 15 years old at this time)

“Wooh! That was a long time ago. Sorry I can barely remember your face. What’s your name again?”

“It’s Kai,” said Sehun.

“Kai? Oh! Right! That guy from the dance school who went home peeing in his pants. HAHAHA! Right, I would also never forget that. Who wouldn’t have? Are you still peeing in your pants when performing on stage?” said Luhan. Xiumin let out a small chuckle while the other guy who was with them doesn’t even show any emotions.

“You…” Kai was about to burst into anger but Sehun hold him.

“You…” someone from the back tapped Luhan’s shoulder. Luhan turned around to see who it was.

“What do you want? Are you another fan of mine?” asked Luhan to the girl standing in front of him.

“No. I am a fan of that guy you just bumped into,” said Seyoon, looking at Luhan with fierce eyes.

“You’re a fan of this guy? HAHAHA! The students here are surely weird. Maybe if you could see me dance, you might turn into my fan,” said Luhan as he moved his face closer to Seyoon.

“I beg to disagree. I don’t need to see your dance to prove that you’re great. Because I know that Kai is greater than any dancer I’ve seen before.” Chanyeol and Kyungsoo went near Kai and Sehun. Kai just looked at Seyoon.

“Really? Fine. A fan with low taste would surely idolized someone with low talent,” said Luhan.

“WHAT?!? How dare you say that? Do you even know how scary of a fangirl I am? Repeat it again and I will rip you in half.” Seyoon’s eyes got wider as if they were poking out. The people who were watching became silent. Even Luhan and Xiumin who were smiling all this time suddenly became uneasy with the situation.

“Stop that,” said one of the guys behind them. “I am hungry. Let’s eat.” The guy put his arms on Xiumin and Luhan’s shoulders and brought them to the table. He returned to Seyoon and the boys and bowed at them. “I am sorry. We’ll make sure that this would never happen again. We’re just new here so please take care of us. By the way, I am Lay, those were Luhan and Xiumin. Nice to meet you all,” said the guy. Out of the three, he’s the most conserved and quiet. He’s like Sehun, only more mature.

“Okay. I am sorry too,” said Seyoon. They all returned to their table, even the student onlookers returned to their seats.

Maybe because of what happened, Kai and Seyoon were not able to look at each other’s eyes. They finished their lunch liked nothing happened.

---

While they were walking outside the school, “Sehun, I have something to tell you,” said Kai.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Seyoon stopped from walking and listened to the two’s conversation.

“I’ve decided to join the dance competition. I know it was only few weeks from now but I will give my best,” said Kai.

“I believe in you. Don’t worry, I already talked to Kyungsoo. He said that he would be the one to pass our application form,” said Sehun. Kyungsoo smiled at Kai.

“Thank you.”

“So where are we going?” asked Chanyeol.

“I am sorry but Seyoon and I have to go,” said Kai.

“Why?!? It’s the only time that we’re complete and now you wanted to go home. Why?!?” said Chanyeol furiously.

“I am really sorry. But our mothers would prepare dinner for the two families. We have to be home early. Bye!” Kai grabbed Seyoon who was not able to say a thing. She doesn’t remember anything about the dinner or what. She just stared at boys who were waving goodbye to her.

Lucky for the two, they were able to board an almost empty bus. The two sat at the furthest seat at the back. They didn’t seat together but were wide apart, looking at the two opposite windows.

Kai, who was sitting at furthest right, looked at Seyoon, who was looking at the window on the left. “My fan?” Kai burst into laughter after recalling what happened earlier in the cafeteria. Seyoon looked at him. Good thing, aside from the driver, they were the only ones in the bus. If there are other people, they might think that Kai was crazy.

“What are you laughing about? What’s funny?” Seyoon looked at her with a stern face.

“You are my fan! HAHAHAH!” Kai couldn’t stop his laughter. He looked at Seyoon who was trying to conceal the smile forming in her lips. “But I admit you were really scary back there.”

“That guy deserved him right. He was telling awful things about you. I can’t just listen to him,” Seyoon said seriously.

“Thank you,” Kai looked at Seyoon. Seyoon looked back. “And I am sorry,” he said quietly, turning his gaze below. He looked at Seyoon, who was smiling while looking at the window.

“By the way, the cake is delicious. I like it,” he said. This time, Seyoon burst into laughter. “What? What’s funny about what I said?” Seyoon just continue on laughing.

“You don’t have to lie. I know it doesn’t taste good.”

“No, I am not lying. It tasted really good.” Kai tried to formed a fake smile. Seyoon laughed again. “Why? Did you put something in it?”

“HAha…ahh…No. I am sorry. I will stop laughing. It is just that I am not really the one who baked that cake.”

“What?”

“Well, I really made one for you and left it on the counter. When I go back, it’s already gone.”

“And the one you gave me?”

“Chanyeol baked that one. No one wants to eat it so…Well, at least, I am the one who wrote the word ‘sorry.’”

“Wha----You made me eat the cake the Chanyeol made. That’s why it taste so peculiar. If you left it on the counter, it means…”

“Chanyeol and Sehun ate it. They thought it was for them.”

“That two!”

“Don’t worry. I promise I’ll bake one for you,” Seyoon smiled at him.

‘Why does she always give that smile?’ Kai thought. He smiled at him. This was their first reconciliation. And it ended perfectly with smiles on their faces. He thought from that day that he would never want to be in a fight with Seyoon again. As for Luhan, he promised himself that he would do his best for the upcoming competition, for his club, for his friends, and for his fan. :-) 

On the next bus stop, students started to crowd the bus. Kai who was sitting far from Seyoon, moved closer to her, closed enough that their arms were creating friction. Suddenly, Kai’s shoulder became heavier, seeing Seyoon as she slept soundly beside him with her head rested on his shoulder. “Let’s not argue again…” Kai said silently. The two sat together silently as the bus moved to its destination.

~*~

 

“Wow, so it is true that you are living with him,” said Luhan as he entered the house together with Xiumin and Lay.

“Hi!” Xiumin greeted happily showing his famous child-like smile.

“Hello,” Lay greeted kindly.

“What’s with that face? Aren’t you welcoming us?” asked Luhan who immediately sit at the sofa in the living room.

“What are you doing here? Why did you bring them here?” asked Kai.

“Relax. We just saw Seyoon walking alone on the street so we accompany her. It’s not like we’re strangers to each other, right Kai’s only fan?” Luhan .

“I said stop calling me that. I have a name,” said Seyoon.

“Why are you here in Seoul? Do you have an errand here?” asked Baekhyun.

“No. In fact, we’re staying here for a long time. We’re admitted at one of the universities here in Seoul so our school decided to send us at our sister school, which was your school, so we could be ready in entering the university,” said Xiumin.

“What?!? So you’ll become our…”

“Classmates! Why? Don’t you like it? Forget what happened in the past. We’re friends now, right?” Luhan smiled at them.

Chanyeol and Kai made stern faces.

“I never thought that the two of you would be together. Who would’ve thought that the idol would fall for his fan?” said Luhan.

“What? No. We’re not together. We’re just living here because it’s near the school. And we’re trying to be independent,” said Seyoon.

“She’s right. We don’t have that kind of relationship that you’re imagining. We’re just…fri…friends,” said Kai, who until now doesn’t know if he could call his relationship with Seyoon as friends.

“Alright. Whatever. Since we are all here, why don’t have a great dinner?” said Luhan as he put his arms around Seyoon and Kai. They were just starting to form that lost bond between them and now another problem has arrived. Well, they didn’t even know if it was going to be a problem or not. For now, they would keep their marriage a secret. They can’t afford to say it to any more people. They have to keep it as long as they could.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Aha...So the correct answer is:

 

Yes, he's the guy with purple headphones and unnatural hair color. LULU ^^

credit of the pic goes to the rightful owners