15

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

XV

 

 

~*~

“BOO!”

“Yah! I said stop scaring me like that…especially when you’re wearing that costume,” said Kai who was anticipating Seyoon’s arrival a while ago.

“I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay. So what did you bring today?” Kai asked as he was feeling hungry since morning.

“It’s fried chicken,” said Seyoon as she opened the lunchbox containing Kai’s favorite food.

Kai immediately took the chicken thigh and took a bite of it. “Hmm, I could eat this for the whole day.”

“I know you would like it,” Seyoon watched Kai as he enjoyed the food she brought. Suddenly, she felt another weird sensation as her face felt hotter.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” asked Kai as he offered her the chicken wing.

Seyoon snapped from staring at him. “No…It’s all for you. I’ve already eaten,” she said as she waved her hands side to side to tell him it’s alright.

“Are you sure?” asked Kai. Seyoon replied by nodding.

Kai continued eating when he suddenly recalled what he said to Seyoon yesterday. “Ah! Is it because of what I said yesterday that you’re not eating today? No, I didn’t mean it. No matter how heavy you are, I don’t care. Seyoon is Seyoon. Here!” Kai offered the chicken wing to her again. Seyoon looked at the chicken and at Kai who was smiling at her.

‘Why is he like that? No…What’s wrong with me?’ Seyoon thought. “Go..go..gomawoyo…” she gave a forced smile as she grabbed the chicken wing given by Kai.

After they ate, Seyoon packed the lunch box and put it on the huge pocket of her long white gown. “By the way, what are you doing after this?” asked Seyoon.

“Uhm…since I’m not helping in our haunted house, they assigned us to give out some promotional leaflets.”

“Aren’t you doing that every morning?”

Kai shook his head. “It’s too hot in the morning. Besides, there are a lot of children passing by every afternoon, so it’s better.”

“Well, I think I have to go now. I still have some business to do in the haunted house. I’ll just see you later,” said Seyoon as she stood up and walked towards the door.

“Ah Seyoon…”

“Hmm?” Seyoon turned around. “Don’t tell me you’re going to complain about my weight again?”

“Haha. No. Well, I just wanted to tell you, can you go here earlier, tomorrow?”

“Hmm…I’ll see. Sure. See you!” Seyoon waved goodbye before closing the door.

“Another date again?” Seyoon was startled by the voice behind her.

“And it’s you again? Mind your own business,” Seyoon said to Luhan.

“Don’t mind him,” said Lay. “Let’s go,” Lay tapped Luhan’s shoulder as they walked towards their practice room.

‘If only that brat was as kind as Lay,’ Seyoon thought.

---

The school was still full of students and visitors who were enjoying the school festival.

One of the mascots went to the props room to rest for a while. “Ahh…It’s so hot. I don’t think I can do this.” He removed his head costume to breathe some fresh air for a moment.

Suddenly, he heard the door of the room opened. ‘Oh no,’ he thought. He immediately returned his head costume. He turned around to see who it was and he was surprised to see a ghost figure standing there. He was so shocked that he fell on his . “Ouch…”

“Aren’t you the mascot from yesterday?” Seyoon went closed to the mascot student. “You fell on the floor again. Here, let me help you.” She used the same technique she used before as she went on his back and helped him stand up.

The mascot touched his aching buttocks and bowed at Seyoon.

“You’re welcome,” said Seyoon as she smiled at him. “Why are you here anyway? Aren’t you giving out leaflets? I’ve seen a lot of mascots out there.”

The mascot nodded. He motioned his hand as if he was fanning himself. Seyoon tried to interpret his every motion. “Oh, it’s hot. Is that the reason you’re here?”

The mascot nodded again. “Ahh…ok. Well, I am here to return the props.” Seyoon went to the door again and carried the box she was carrying earlier before she helped the mascot. The mascot quickly went to her and grabbed the box she was holding.

“Thank you,” she said as she bowed at him. The mascot shook his head and gave her thumbs up signaling her that it was alright.

“It must be hard for you wearing that costume,” she said. All the mascot could do was to nod at her as a response. Suddenly, Seyoon was getting something from the huge pocket of her long white costume. “Here. It’s persimmon juice. It will lessen the heat. Plus, it tastes good,” she said as handed him the juice.

The mascot was hesitant to get the juice from her. “No. Seriously, take it. Besides, I already drank two cans earlier. You can have it.” She grabbed the mascot’s paw and put the can on it. “I have to go now. See you when I see you!” she waved at him as she left the props room.

The mascot stared at the canned juice in his hand. “Thank you…” was all he said under his hot fuzzy costume.

~*~

 

Chanyeol just watched Seyoon and Lay talking at the opposite side of the cafeteria table they were at. Unexpectedly, the two became close even within just two days of being same scheduled classmates.

Chanyeol stood up from his seat. “AH!” All the boys including Seyoon looked at him.

“Yah…What’s wrong with you?” whispered Baekhyun, who was sitting beside him.

“Nothing,” he replied as he went back to his seat.

“Hey, Kai’s only fan,” said Luhan, who sitting beside Chanyeol.

“Seyoon,” she replied cold-heartedly.

“Whatever. It seemed that you’re idol is weird lately. It’s been two days and he’s not joining you guys for lunch. Is it because of us joining you, that’s why he’s avoiding eating with you?”

“No. I told you he has a lot…when I say ‘a lot’ I really meant A LOT of things to finish. Just let him be,” said Baekhyun.

“We’re in the same class but I don’t have as much homework as he has. Or is it because you’re bothering him at home that’s why he can’t do his assignments?” Luhan teased Seyoon.

“What?” said Seyoon as she glared at him.

“Hey, stop teasing Seyoon and minding Kai’s business. Mind your own business,” said Chanyeol.

“He’s been practicing dance,” said Sehun.

“For what?” asked Xiumin.

“For self-improvement,” said Kyungsoo.

“You know it’s weird that you’re showing concern for him. What’s wrong with you? A change of heart?” teased Seyoon.

“Just a concerned stranger unlike you, his only fan!” Luhan teased back.

‘Even Seyoon and Luhan are teasing each other as if they were close. We never tease each other before,’ Chanyeol thought. He just sighed seeing the two continue teasing each other while Lay was smiling beside Seyoon.