25

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

XXV

 

 

“Seyoon!”

Baekhyun kept repeating Seyoon’s name but the name didn’t resound to her own world as she continued walking. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked Chanyeol who was beside him. But it seemed like his tall friend was also engrossed in his own world as he continued walking with his face blank and mind absent. “Yeol!” he shouted.

“Didn’t you hear the rumors? They said that Luhan confessed to Seyoon in the main hall,” Chanyeol mumbled as his stare fixed somewhere that even Baekhyun’s hand waving in front of his face didn’t seem to snap Chanyeol from his own contemplation.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun tiptoed just to reach Chanyeol’s ear. Chanyeol seemed surprised and looked at Baekhyun irritably.

“Hey! What was that for? What?” asked Chanyeol.

“If you’re really worried about Seyoon then why don’t you ask her? She’s right there,” Baekhyun pointed to Seyoon.

“Seyoon!” Chanyeol shouted and waved at Seyoon with his huge grin. Baekhyun also waved at her as Seyoon started to walk to their direction.

“Are you going back to your dorm?” she asked them.

“Yes. We’re done with our practice. How about you? Are you going home? Do you want us to accompany you?” asked Baekhyun.

Seyoon swayed his head. “No. Actually, I still don’t want to go home.” Suddenly, an idea came to Seyoon. “Can I go with you to your dorm?”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other. “Yes!” they both said in excitement.

---

Seyoon waited at the lobby as Baekhyun and Chanyeol got a permission slip from the dorm head. Since female visitors were only allowed in certain areas of the dorm, Seyoon, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol stayed in their dorm’s cafeteria.

“Sorry, the food here is not as delicious as the one you make at home,” said Baekhyun.

“It’s okay,” Seyoon replied with a smile.

“Why don’t you want to go home anyway? Is there something wrong with you and Kai?” asked Baekhyun.

“Well…no. It’s not about Kai. It’s actually about…Luhan. He asked me on a group…date this Sunday and I have no choice but to go with him,” she said.

Upon hearing what she said, Chanyeol was surprised as he nearly choked his food. “WFGDFS,” he tried to speak with his mouth full until he swallowed it. “What?!”

“Ahh,” Seyoon wailed. “I know it’s my fault. But I have no choice. I really don’t know what to do.” Seyoon buried her face in his palms which bothered Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They’ve never seen Seyoon as problematic as this before.

“You say it was a group date, right? What do you mean?” asked Baekhyun.

“Luhan said that I could bring someone with me because I would feel uneasy if it’s just the two of us.” Seyoon looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “By any chance, are you available on…?”

“Yes! We will come with you,” said Chanyeol exclaimed.

“There’s no need to ask us. Of course, we will accompany you. We don’t have anything to do that day anyway so…” said Baekhyun.

“Thank you. You’re really my best friends,” she said smiling at them. It seemed like a heavy weight was lifted from her shoulder when Seyoon heard that Baekhyun and Chanyeol would come with her on Sunday. But that easy feeling ended after she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

“Seyoon?” Luhan said as he reached the table where the three was sitting. “You’re here,” he said with a huge grin plastered on his face.

Seyoon forgot that Luhan was also staying at the same dorm as Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Out of all the possibility of seeing him, unfortunately for her, it happened right now. “What are you doing here?” she asked distantly.

“What else? I’m living here. Didn’t I tell you? Maybe not…but now you know so it’s okay,” he said as he grabbed a chair from the other table and dragged it near Seyoon’s seat. “So why are you here?” he asked her.

“She’s visiting us. We’re having a friendly chat. Unluckily, it was disturbed by an annoying brat,” said Chanyeol while looking at Luhan sternly.

“So are you excited on our ‘date’ on Sunday?” Luhan said, totally ignoring Chanyeol.

“No,” Seyoon replied aloofly.

“Don’t worry Luhan, we’re sure that Seyoon will enjoy it because the two of us will be coming with her,” said Baekhyun.

“Hmm, it’s alright. As long as Seyoon will come, I don’t care who else she will bring,” Luhan replied with a mischievous smile.

“I think I need to go home. I still have to prepare dinner,” Seyoon said as she grabbed her bag. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were also leaving their chairs together with Seyoon. However, Luhan was too quick to grab Seyoon’s hand, not her wrist, but her hand.

Seyoon, wide-eyed and surprised, quickly withdrew her hand from Luhan’s grip. “I’ll walk you home,” Luhan said to her.

Chanyeol gripped Luhan’s hand and shoved it away. “No need. We brought her here so, we will also be the one accompanying her home.”

Suddenly, someone called both Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The two turned their heads to see the dorm head coming their way. “You two, you failed your room inspection this week. How many times do I have to tell to clean your dorm? Go to your room now. I’ll be watching you while you clean.”

“But Kibum-sunbaenim, we still have an important thing to do,” pleaded Chanyeol.

“I don’t care. This is not the only reason I wanted to talk to you. We found magazines under your bed. I believe there are por—“ Baekhyun cupped their dorm head’s mouth before he even finish what he was about to say.

“Hehe…We understand. We’ll be there right away,” said Baekhyun as he pushed the dorm head to let him go ahead. He, then, faced Seyoon, who was waiting for them and Luhan, who has a big smirk on his face. He clasped both of his hand in front of Seyoon. “Sorry Seyoon-ah. We have an emergency meeting with our dorm head. I’m afraid we can’t accompany you home,” he said to her. Chanyeol pouted.

Seyoon smiled at them. “It’s alright. That’s a big mess, I guess. You need to clarify that before things get worse,” she replied to them, smiling. Chanyeol and Baekhyun couldn’t hide their embarrassment.

“Don’t worry guys. I’ll walk Seyoon home,” said Luhan with his smile that annoyed Chanyeol the most. Chanyeol and Baekhyun glared at him with threatening eyes before they left. “It’s already dark outside. I don’t think it’s safe that you walk home alone. You might attract a lot of dark elements outside,” Luhan .

Seyoon just looked at him hard-heartedly. But she knew that she couldn’t walk home alone especially at this hour. She’s afraid of what might happen to her especially when she knew that Kai would not come anymore to save her. And of course, she didn’t expect him or her friends to always be there for her, although she wished. She looked at Luhan who was waiting for her reply. She knew she had no choice especially when the dorm was twice as far as the distance between her home and their school. She had no choice but to say “Yes.” Luhan smiled in happiness upon hearing her affirmation.

“Let’s go!” he said in excitement.

---

As they were walking on the street, Seyoon made sure that she was feet away from Luhan. She was afraid that other students might see them, although, Luhan had already created a scandal in the school’s main hall. However, Luhan stopped and turned around to face Seyoon. “What are you doing there?” he asked her. He walked towards Seyoon and walked together with her. “Don’t worry. I won’t do anything. Just walk beside me because we don’t know, someone might snatched you away in an instant,” he said in a serious face.

“What?” Seyoon chuckled upon hearing what he said.

“Why are you laughing? You’re supposed to cling on me right now. I say that to frighten you, not to make you laugh,” he said to her.

“Why would you want to frighten me? You!” she said.

“But it’s okay. At least, I see you laugh,” he said, smiling.

Seyoon was taken aback by his smile. She averted her gaze somewhere to avoid his eye contact. “I laughed because I remembered the time when you went running upon seeing me in my ghost costume. If there’s anyone who gets easily frightened, that would be you,” she said with a teasing tone.   

“What?” Luhan pouted. “Whatever. I should be thankful that I am the type of person who get easily frighten. If I didn’t run and tripped back then, you wouldn’t come and help me. I wouldn’t realize that you are…” Seyoon looked at Luhan, waiting for him to finish. “You see, whenever we met before, you immediately frowned when you see me. Well, I wasn't surprised because our first meeting was not that good. But when I met you with the costume on…” Luhan stopped and look at Seyoon straight in the eyes. “That was the first time I saw your smile.”

‘Here he is again, with those gazing eyes’, Seyoon thought. Seyoon was still not feeling comfortable whenever Luhan do that stare or smile at her. It was not annoying but it was also not heart-pounding. There was something in it that doesn’t seem right…something that couldn’t be compared to what she felt when Kai did it. She suddenly walked briskly leaving Luhan.

“Wait. Where are you going?” Luhan asked her.

“It’s already late. I need to go home fast to prepare our dinner,” she said.

‘Our dinner? Of course, I forgot that she is living with Kai,’ Luhan thought. “Alright. You want to walk faster? How about we run?” he said as he suddenly grabbed Seyoon’s hand and they started running.

---

After running for almost Seyoon-didn’t-know-how-long-it-was, they finally stopped just a few meters away from her home. She and Luhan were trying to catch their breaths from too much running. “Pa---bo…pabo…,” she repeatedly said. “Why did you do that? Didn’t you know how far that was from here? Are you---crazy?!” she said trying to be angry but she couldn’t, because she was too tired to even yell at him.

Luhan suddenly laughed. “Isn’t that great? We are like…*he tried to catch his breath*, we are…like…a couple in an action movie. You and me, holding hands, running together…Haha.”

“What?” Seyoon hit his head. “Are you really out of your mind? Aish!” Seyoon removed her shoes and her socks and carried it as she walked barefooted, leaving Luhan behind. Luhan noticed that she was limp-walking which he felt guilty for.

‘Her feet must have been hurt. Aish! I’m such an idiot,’ he thought. “Hey! Where are you going?” he said as he ran after her.

“Leave me alone. I’m going home alone,” she said without looking at him.

“Get on my back.”

“What?”

“I said, get on my back. You’ll just hurt your feet even more if you walk barefoot. Get on my back.”

“Is it another one of your non-sense trick? Then after that you would tell me that we are like couple in the movie…I won’t fall for that. Leave me alone.”

“Get on my back or…”

“Or what?”

“I’ll carry you bridal style,” he said to her as he tried to reach her.

“What? No!” she said to him angrily. Luhan squatted and was repeatedly pointing on his back, signaling Seyoon to hop on. Although she didn’t want to do it, she couldn’t feel the palms of her feet anymore. She didn’t know if it was too painful or she just felt numb from too much running earlier. She had no choice but to hop on Luhan’s back as Luhan carried her home.

When they reached the apartment building, Seyoon requested Luhan to put her down. “I can walk from here,” she said to him.

“Aren’t you letting me in?” he asked her. Seyoon looked with a face that showed her bursting rage she kept since the time Luhan made her run. And Luhan knew she was reaching her boiling point. “I’m sorry. I’ll just see you tomorrow then. Bye…” he said shyly.

“Bye,” she said aloofly before going inside. She didn’t even turned her head once to look at him.

Just when Luhan was about to leave, he saw Kai walking home which had Luhan a smirk on his face. He probably just came from school, Luhan thought. He didn’t know if Kai saw what he and Seyoon just did now. It would be better if he did, Luhan thought. “Hi Kai!” he greeted him.

Kai seemed surprised seeing Luhan in front of their apartment building. “What are you doing here?” he asked him.

“Hm…I just happened to be here accidentally,” he teased Kai.

But Kai seemed nonchalant and continued walking past by him. “Whatever.”

 “Wait?”

“What?” he turned around to face him.

“Are you…uhm…free on Sunday?” He didn’t know why he asked Kai that question but maybe he wanted to make sure if him going out with Seyoon doesn’t really concerned Kai.

“I have a piano recital to attend to,” he said aloofly.

“Really? Is someone special to you playing in that recital?” he .

Kai seemed confused by his question but he just let it go. It was impossible for him to know about him and Krystal, Kai thought. “It’s none of your business.”

“Well, it’s too bad then. I thought you could come with us. Anyway, see you tomorrow!” Luhan said as he left Kai in the entrance.

"Who's 'us' are you talking about?" Kai asked him.

"Hm...your friends, my friends, I...Luhan, and she...Seyoon," he said as he count his fingers playfully.

"Whatever."

"See you tomorrow then, my friend," he said with a smile.

Kai just observed him as he left. Luhan probably didn’t notice his presence since a while ago. They didn’t know that he was there all this while. He was so worried that Seyoon was not yet home so he tried to look for her outside. Just then, he saw Luhan and Seyoon coming with Seyoon carried on Luhan’s back. He hid in the place where the two didn’t notice. How come they became too close all of sudden? How come Seyoon was riding on his back? How come she looked so comfortable with him? How come she…she didn’t tell him anything until now? 

 

 

 

 

 


What am I gonna do with these two? Aigoo...

This chapter is dedicated to Luhan-Seyoon shippers ^^...For Kai-Seyoon shippers, don't worry...we'll get to that