Running

Love War

Annyeong, love! I feel like it's been ages since I last updated this story, but I think I have a legit reason to hide behind...

- EXO havn't made their comeback yet, so... Well, I kinda forgot about them and got a lot more into One Direction instead. Forgive me, but I really likes those crazy mofos :D BUT I still love EXO with all my heart and I pray for them to soon make a comeback, so we fans can be fed, eh? :3

So now I'm going to make a chapter for you to read, so you don't feel too bored :)

Here ya go!~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joorin P.O.V:

It was already 10 pm and your mom told you to get into bed, so you wouldn't arrive too late for school tomorrow.

Dad had already brought Seungjo to bed and was lying in your parents bedroom, reading some mathematics book. Nerdy dad you got..

You pulled yourself up from the couch and lazily walked upstairs, brushed your teeth, slipped into your light blue pajamas with little sheeps and jumped into your bed.

Before you turned the lights off, a now more and more normal thought crossed your mind;

What was he doing now?

You couldn't know.

Sehun had gone with the other boys and you didn't see them after that. He could be doing anything right now. He could be at a club... Or home with some girl... Nana for sure - you had seen how he looked at her.. The sparkle in his eyes, when she walked by him in class.

But it could be Suzy as well.. She was in love with him although. Maybe he responded her feelings? By taking her home? And kissing her? Maybe more?

No. You didn't want to think about it. It was wrong to think of Suzy in that way. She was your bestfriend and you couldn't just talk about her like she was some random , going home with your Prince Charming.

Wait.. Joorin, did you just call Sehun 'Your Prince Charming'? Are you in love? Well if you are, then stop it! Right now! Never feel ANYTHING for him ever again.

That's what the little voice in the back of your head was saying. Should you listen to it?

... Probably. It would be the best if you just stayed with Se7en and let either Nana or Suzy have him. You & Se7en were made for eachother. He once told you that. You remember how his eyes had the same little sparkle when he told you that, as Sehun's when Nana walked by him. It made sense.

Your life made sense, actually.

It was supposed to be Se7en & you. Not Sehun & you.

But... How could that be true? Whenever you were near Sehun, you felt little fireworks in your tummy and became dizzy. And how would you ever be able to meet Se7en in real life? Argh, scratch that - you'll meet him someday.. Somehow...

As the many thoughts flew through your head, you turned & tossed around, trying to find a comfortable position in your bed. After 5 minutes of constant tossing & turning, you still couldn't fall asleep, so you decided to get up and breathe some fresh air.

You got up, walked over to the window and opended it. You stuck out your head and watched the dark blue street as the stars shone above. Your sleepy eyes slowly wandered from the street to Sehun's window. As you had thought, there was no light.

Was he already sleeping? Had he eaten? Did he even brush his teeth?

"Aish, I sound like his mom or something." You mumbled under your breath and closed your eyes.

As you stood there in your window with closed eyes and the wind blowing lightly at your face, you heard a door being opended.

Your eyes shut open and you immediately saw someone opening Sehun's front door. But it was not just 'someone'. It was Sehun himself.

What was he doing out so late? He didn't look drunk though. Good thing.

Mrs. Oh stood in the door with a worried expression on and took Sehun inside. Before she closed the door, she looked up at you with a pleasing look. It was almost like you could read her mind. It said:

"Please keep an eye on my son. He needs someone to look after him."

You silently nodded and Mrs. Oh just gave you a confused look, not understanding how you could understand her, when she didn't even make a sound.

She closed the door and the lights went off again.

Only a few seconds after, Sehun's room lightened up and you quickly moved your eyes to his window. You kinda sat yourself down on the floor by the window, so only your head were to see.

Then he walked by his window. With no shirt on.

Oh. My. God.

Abs.

You could feel the drool down your chin and quickly wiped it away. But why didn't he wear his shirt? You even washed it for him and then he didn't even wear it?! It made you kinda mad for some reason.

Sehun then placed himself in his window, still being shirtless. You immediately hid the rest of your head and waited for yourself to gain just a little bit more courage.

You slowly lifted up your head and looked over at Sehun sitting in his window. He was looking at the many stars that was on the sky tonight. You had to admit it was pretty beautiful.

As you secretly glanced at your Prince Charming, Se7en suddenly woke up;

"What are you looking at, love?" Se7en lazily asked you.

"U-uh, n-nothing!" You stuttered, afraid that he would find out you actually were looking at Sehun..

"Is it that kid from the other side?" He asked, like he just read your mind.

"W-what? No! Never!" You protested, but you knew it was a lie. Probably one of the biggest, you had ever told.

"Then why're you looking at him?" Se7en kept asking you.

"I said I'm n-not!" You said, but your blushing cheeks said something else.

"Yes, you are, love." Se7en stated, smirking widely.

"I'm not! Please stop saying I am." You said, trying not no get to annoyed by him.

"But-" He was just about argue you back, but you quickly snapped back at him, before he could go on.

"Just-... Just shut up, Se7en. I really don't need your judgement." You said and took a last glance at Sehun, before heading to your bed again.

Se7en sighed heavily and melted back into the poster. You lied your head on the comfy pillow and soon, you were off to Dreamland.

 

***** Next Day *****

 

You woke up to the awful sound of your morning ringtone. "Noonaaaaa! Wake up! Like.. Now! Noona! Wake up! Wake up! You have schoooooooooooo-"

Actually, it wasn't really that awful, it was quite cute.. But everything sounds awful, when you don't want to wake up, am I right?

However, you turned off the alarm and got up, changing into your usual school uniform. It looked like this btw:

 

2133459245a6774521982lov9.jpg

You quickly fixed your hair and went downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Joorin honey, what do you wish for your birthday?" Your mom asked, when you walked out in the kitchen. You looked at her with widened eyes and asked; "Birthday wishes? U-uhhh.. Mom, I really have no idea,"

She smiled at you and patted your shoulder. "It's okay honey, just think about it, nae? Your birthday is coming soon, you know," She said and went back to washing some dishes.

You nodded and went to the fridge, to find something eatable. As you opended the fridge, mom's words suddenly hit you;

It was your birthday soon. April 14th, to be exact. From today it was... Hmm.. What date was it even today? You quickly checked your phone and found out it was March 31th.

So that would be.. You counted on your fingers and at last, you could state there was 15 days to your birthday. Mom was right; You had to wish for at least one thing for your birthday.

You had always loved birthdays, because it was one of the only days in the year you could give yourself full permission of eating cake and other sweets like crazy. Yes, you loved to eat, but you tried to control it, so it wouldn't be too obvious, when you were with friends and so.

It was going great actually. In the past years, it had kinda gotten off you, so you were happy for that.

But what could you wish for? Maybe a less complicated life, without all those stupid crushes...

You shrugged the thoughts off and found some banana yoghurt in the fridge. After eating breakfast, you ran upstairs, brushed your teeth as always and put on some light make-up.

Ready to go! You kissed your mom goodbye on the cheek and headed off to school.

 

***** In school *****

 

It was already the third lesson this day. Korean litterature. Yaaay.. (Remember to add sarcasm..)

You found your books and started looking at the general pages in silence, althrough the noise from the rest of the classroom was very loud. The teacher wasn't arrived yet, so everyone, except you were practically having a little break.

While you were reading in the book, someone suddenly leaned in over your table. Hair hung in over your book and you looked up, only seeing the slang. Nana, Shinyeong and Youngmi was standing in front of your table, smirking scoffingly at you.

Nana began; "So, you heard I was with Sehun yesterday? I kind of agree with you - he's really is hot. But unfortunately, he belongs to me. Ha! don't even dare to think you have a chance, Joorin." She said and smiled in triumph.

You snorted lightly and rolled your eyes at her, before saying, "When did I ever say to you that he was hot? Seriously.. And that he belongs to you? Tch. He doesn't belong to anyone, Nana. Not even if you wanted him to" You said, scoffing a bit at the last part.

Nana's face immediately wrung into something pretty ugly.. It was like.. Like her own words was being into her face again.

She made a stupid offended face and Shinyeong & Youngmi quickly did the same, before disappearing out in the hallway.

You went back to reading, but only after 2 seconds, another hand suddenly lied on your shoulder. Why can't everyone just leave me alone, so I can read?! You thought to yourself, before turning around, to see who the hand belonged to.

Your eyes widened, as they saw who it was. Have a guess.

Sehun smiled lightly at you and opended his mouth to say something, but you couldn't hear anything. It was like his action had paralyzed you in some way. You could only see his mouth moving and forming into a little smile. A thankful smile.

Oh, how you loved that smile. It made you feel like you were a unicorn, dancing on rainbows. Wait - Is that even possible? Anything is possible in Narnia. What are you talking about, Joorin? That anything is possibl- oh.. Back to reality.

Sehun looked confused at you and wawed his hand in front of you, trying to wake you up from your trance.

It eventually worked. 

"Joorin, are you okay? I was talking to you, but you jus-" Sehun said, still quite confused over your weird trance.

"Y-yea, I'm fine, thanks.. Sehun." You awkwardly thanked him, looking down in your book again.

"But what happended? You was like stoned," He asked you, keeping the conversation going. You looked up from your book and tried to answer him as proper as possible. But.. It was quite hard.

"Uhh, I-I don't know.. I guess I just froze.. Yea.." You said, tounching the back of your neck.

"Okay.. Well, I just wanted to thank you. So.. Umm, thanks." Sehun awkwardly said and blushed a bit. You noticed and smiled. You could feel the butterflies in your tummy again.

"For what?" You asked him with a smile, hoping you had done something awesome.

"You defended me in front of Nana. I don't belong to her and you told her that, so thanks." Sehun said and grinned lightly at the last words. The butterflies in your tummy kinda disappeared when he told you why he thanked you. You had expected something more... Awesome.

"Oh, that.. Well, you're welcome then," You shrugged and tried to keep the smile up.

The bell rang and  for the second time this lesson and your teacher finally stepped into the class. and everyone found their seats.

 

"I'm sorry for being late kids, but I have an announcement for you! Whooooohooo!" The teacher said and cheered, while he walked around and gave some small notes to all the students. You also got one and read the text. It said;

 

We're now in the last days of March and it's time for the 3rd yearly sports contest between Seoul's elementary schools; There will be held a sports marathon on April 6th. There will be 5 different sports the students can choose to participate in:

- Running (10 km)

- Soccer   

- Baseball

- Kickboxing

- American football

All of the above will this year be held all day at Seoul Middle School. The students can only choose one sport to participate in. The winners will be announced on the same day, 9:00PM at the school's stadium.

There will be opportunity for the student's families to eat dinner together at the stadium or other places at the school. 

The sports day starts April 6th, 8:00AM at the school's stadium and ends at 9:30PM, same place.

Make sure to come, so all the students can compete against eachother in sports!

 

- Sincerely, Seoul School System (SSS)

 

Your eyes were glued to small piece of paper with the many informations on it. You folded it and put in your pocket. It was on your freaking school this year. Damnit. 

What should you choose? You didn't like soccer, American football & kickboxing was too violent and you could never hit the ball in baseball. So... Basically, you had to choose running. 10 km.

You frowned and looked up at your teacher. Everyone seemed to still be deciding what to participate in. You slowly snatched a glance at Sehun, who was looking at the note with dead serious eyes. What would he choose? For some reason, you hoped he would choose soccer or something. Just anything but running.

It would be so much easier for you, if he wasn't there to melt your knees.

 

***** In the end of the lesson *****

 

"And that's how you find the right synonym for a verb." You teacher said, looking out on the class. Half of the people in there was either sleeping, doing their hair or chit chatting. Except from you. Typical.

"So - has everyone decided what sport they want to participate in?" He asked and lied his book on the table.

All the students nodded and the teacher began writing down who would participate in the different sports.

You quickly said you chose running and the teacher moved on to Sehun, who was seated in front of you. He looked up from his notes and stole a quick glance of you, smirking, before answering the question;

"Running" He said and smirked at you again. You knew you couldn't yell at him in the classroom, but inside your head, you were screaming like crazy. He knew you didn't wanted him to chose that sport. He knew it. But how?!

Mental that guy, mental I tell you...

You let out a silent groan and the lesson ended. The slang had all chosen baseball and Suzy hated running, so she chose kickboxing and Amber chose her passion, soccer. Your running team consisted of you, Sehun, 4 other girls and 3 guys.

Luckily, they wasn't in a bad shape and you knew that those 4 girls were known in the class as the running machines. Hopefully your school would at least win in running then. Your school had only won 2 prices the past 10 years. Maybe this time was the right time.

 

***** After school ***** <-- lol, if you know what I mean ;D

 

You went to the stadium with Amber & Suzy and looked at the facilities. It was HUGE. Amber & Suzy went home, but you spend the entire afternoon on the stadium, working out for the upcoming marathon. You wanted to run the victory home with your team mates.

You ran around the stadium about 18 times, made lots of push ups, stretched out and ran even more times around the stadium. The warm sun baked down on your neck, while you were running, but you didn't care. You wanted to be in a good shape for the marathon and you knew it could be done in 6 days. It had to be done in 6 days.

You kept running.

 

But what you didn't notice, was Sehun watching you the whole time. He sat on one of the audience chairs and watched as you ran around, sweating. Let's just say he liked what he saw. He liked watching you - his new favorite programme.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I updated again! :D Thank you for being patient, everyone :) Yes, also all those silent readers ^^ I LOVE YOU!! :***

And I want to thank EVERYONE for reading my story. It now has OVER 1000 views!! :D AHHHHHHHHR!! <3 Thank you so much! I'm really touched c'':

 

I'll try to update more often, but I find it quite hard right now, because I have so much else to do -_- Eish, stupid schoolwork :|

Oh well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) Be patient and cheer on Joorin and her training! :P